ESPN: "Saints are on a different level" (A reality check)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 6, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,306 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,478ß
    To be fair, it's hard to have "good play calling" when your RB fumbles and your QB feels the need to keep the ball around his waist when rushed.
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,360 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    Trestman all but admitted (in "coach speak") that he is largely responsible to the O sucking so bad early on. 41 yards of offense throu a quarter and a half isn't getting it done. Other than Forte's costly fumble, the coaching staff has to bear a lot of blame for getting schooled by Rob Ryan.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,306 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,478ß
    No I agree, the O basically handed the last 2 games to the other teams; and a lot of that is on playcalling. I just wanted to point out that when your qb fumbles and rb fumbles it's hard for the playcalling to look good; ie OC calls plays, players execute plays, if there is no execution then it's hard to blame the caller.
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,884 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,184ß
    If some of those guys were rushing me, I think my balls would be around my waist too.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Bears didn't play terribly? I'd call that entire first half about the dumbest half of football from a Bears coaching staff and team that I've seen in a while. If that's a different level, I'd say we are knocking at the ground floor if this damn thing can come together for one freaking complete game. Seriously, is that too much to ask? One complete game with four well-executed quarters of football from the staff on down? We haven't seen it, yet, and maybe that does put us a tier below. I'll hold out hope we just need time for all the new moving parts to gel.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,360 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    Lol, I just posted almost the exact same words in another thread before I read this one.

I'd like to see the goddam O play one freakin game without crapping in its own pants for at least 2 of the 4 quarters. Trestman and Kromer sucked last Sunday.
  7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +691 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    398ß
    We would of had 2 halfs with bad play calling instead of 1.
  8. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +691 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    398ß
    Live and learn we shall see how much they learned this Thursday. At least with this staff I believe/hope they have much better potential to adapt and learn on the fly it's a process as Emry would say.
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,683 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,193ß
    I think it's a combination of factors, and certainly the play calling needs to improve (and I believe it will, as Trestman gets more in tune with what this team can, and cannot do). The OL is not run blocking very well on a number of key plays. What Forte is getting on runs that DO work, is often on his own, and not due to anything great the OL is doing. Dropped passes are killing drives too. Cutler DOES need to protect the ball and not fumble it away. Man, that is getting pretty old, and it is SO preventable.
  10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,360 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    All true. And though I gave Cutler a pass for last Sunday (most of the O incompetence was due to bad coaching, a few missed blocks, Forte fumbling a pitch, and a slew of dropped passes), its true that ball security by the QB remains a major problem.

Cutler has 6 INTs and 3 sack-fumbles (all of which went for 6) so far. That's too much by far.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,360 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    Correction:
    2 of the 3 sack-fumbles went for 6. 1 should have been 6 but the D held them for only a FG despite Cut turning the ball over in the red zone.
  12. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,230 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    152ß
    I believe that the Saints are better than the Broncos and are on par w/Seattle as the strongest team in the league. Never understood how giving Saints coach Payton a one year sabbatical was a punishment relatively speaking. A entire year to think about coaching philosophy, evaluate players, and find weaknesses objectively.