ESPN: This is supposed to be one of the better draft classes for QB's.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 28, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,378 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    There's not the top talent of an Andrew Luck, but the quality depth is exceptional. I can't post the article because it's an "Insider" article, but here's a brief blurb:

2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    I've heard this for like 2 years now that this class was allegedly going to be very strong. I have questions on the Rso's that are listed here. There is no gaurentee that Manziel and Maroita are coming out this year, I have a feeling that Manziel will after the circus that was last off season. Morris dosent seem like top 2 round talent to me, he has really struggled at times and wouldn't be a first 2 rounder in my mind. Who knows, but if this class is as strong as advertised It could be very beneficial to us.
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,378 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    We obviously have severe needs on defense. But if a high quality QB would fall to us in one of the early rounds (a true steal, like the Aaron Rodgers draft in 2005), do you pass over him and "reach" for defense? Or to you draft the best player available and get a high-quality "steal" in this draft? Jerry Angelo would "talk the talk" but then would reach for players way too often. I'm hoping (at any position) that if a stud drops into our lap, that we grab him and run.
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,986 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,001ß
    Last several years has created a few really good QB's though, Luck, RGIII, Cam Newton(getting better), Kaep, and you might well have a few this year if they can stay healthy.
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,378 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    If the best players available to us are relatively equal in value, then I hope they grab the guy at a position of need. But if it's a greater disparity in value - where it's more clear that the better player is a dead-bang better player, then I hope they draft BPA. If it's a QB, then so be it. Don't do the reaches we've seen Angelo pull. I realize the scouting info the Bears have, may be quite different grades than what fans have (like drafting Long this year).

What would your guess be? Do you think Emery will lean more towards BPA?
  6. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +617 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    I do think Emery goes BPA. That's his philosophy on how how you build a team. FAs fill holes that need filling now. Look at GB, I hate them because they do it right and it pays off. How many players are on that team that they drafted? How many are FAs? Hint: Lots. and very few.

Of course, you need to be able to identify talent in the draft, but I think that's where Emery will come out strong. Not like JA who drafted guys based on their elevation jumping out of a swimming pool.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    That was discussed last night during the game that GB has 50 of the 53 on thier roster, that were drafted by the Packers!!

That is some seriously good drafting.

The way they have been dropping WRs and they still look within for the replacements.

I hate the Peckers!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    62ß
    The Packers do a very good job of adding talent through the draft, but please bear in mind that Rodgers elevates his team considerably simply with his abilities. I'm not saying they don't have talent, they do, but he is able to cover up a LOT of glaring problems with his play.
  9. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I would like to see T-Man get his hands on a High Quality QB. If he can make Cutler and McCown better, then imagine what he can do with a kid that he hand picks and molds from day one.

If one of these guys drops to us I would not mind one bit, knowing that we might actually have a staff capable of developing a QB.

When Lovie was here we had no hope of developing any of the Offensive players that we drafted.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,378 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    As much as I despise Green Bay, I have to admit that they are "The Model" of how to run a great franchise. When they have to do the "Next Man Up" thing, they truly DO have a solid guy ready to play. They don't just "talk the talk" but they can walk the walk too. It's every thing I want the Bears to do under Emery/Trestman. Man, they lost 1 Hall of Fame quarterback, and the "Next Man Up" is another Hall of Fame quarterback (that they drafted and had ready to go). They never miss a beat.
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,378 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    784ß
    The heck of it is, they drafted Rodgers too. One Hall of Fame QB leaves, they just reload with the next kid they drafted - who by the way, will be a Hall of Fame QB too. Amazing franchise. We drafted a small army of loser QB's and finally had to grab one from Denver. We've drafted a river of crap over the years. Green Bay is doing it right, year after year after year.
  12. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,986 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,001ß
    go look back at the great backup qb's they had behind Farve, it's f'n amazing, but that's what happens when you invest in the position.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +324 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    236ß

GREAT! I say let every other team focus on the uber-deep QB class while we LOAD UP on DL and DBs!!!!!! oh yeaaaah...that's right, I said it.....
  14. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,457 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    759ß
    I think people seriously confuse exactly what "BPA" means. What if BPA is a WR? RB? LB? Would Emery stock up on a position that we already have young talent on, while missing out on another position we NEED, simply because it is BPA?

No, he will draft for need, since we have quite a few spots we NEED young, talented players. Out of that group of Need though, he will go BPA. So, id imagine our first pick will either be a QB or DL, and he will select BPA out of the QBs or DL (maybe CB if we can get one of the overall BPA CBs)
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß

That's what I've always said. "Straight BPA" isn't viable. There is some factor of need in it. By the logic of "straight bpa" we would draft 5 RBs if they all were best avail? No, it's more like bpa from a list of 6-8 positions. I would have qb,OC,DT,DE,CB,S on our list.