ESPN: This is supposed to be one of the better draft classes for QB's.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 28, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    The heck of it is, they drafted Rodgers too. One Hall of Fame QB leaves, they just reload with the next kid they drafted - who by the way, will be a Hall of Fame QB too. Amazing franchise. We drafted a small army of loser QB's and finally had to grab one from Denver. We've drafted a river of crap over the years. Green Bay is doing it right, year after year after year.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

go look back at the great backup qb's they had behind Farve, it's f'n amazing, but that's what happens when you invest in the position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost
    Expand Collapse

GREAT! I say let every other team focus on the uber-deep QB class while we LOAD UP on DL and DBs!!!!!! oh yeaaaah...that's right, I said it.....

4. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

I think people seriously confuse exactly what "BPA" means. What if BPA is a WR? RB? LB? Would Emery stock up on a position that we already have young talent on, while missing out on another position we NEED, simply because it is BPA?

No, he will draft for need, since we have quite a few spots we NEED young, talented players. Out of that group of Need though, he will go BPA. So, id imagine our first pick will either be a QB or DL, and he will select BPA out of the QBs or DL (maybe CB if we can get one of the overall BPA CBs)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

That's what I've always said. "Straight BPA" isn't viable. There is some factor of need in it. By the logic of "straight bpa" we would draft 5 RBs if they all were best avail? No, it's more like bpa from a list of 6-8 positions. I would have qb,OC,DT,DE,CB,S on our list.