FBGP's 2014 NFL Draft Grades - Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by EmDiggy, May 18, 2014.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    I think many of us have questions on Ferguson. And I think he knows it from reading the reactions of most writers. I hope it fuels him to succeed.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,156 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,520ß
    hmmm I'd question your "draft expert" if he doesn't get that Ego was considered by scouts as a late 2nd early 3rd player w/the potential to be a first round pick in 2015. I'd also question how he had Fales as the 5th best QB in this draft; there's a reason he went in the 6th and is only looked as having a ceiling as a backup qb. He is also aware that the team felt it was okay to take a high upside developmental OG w/the 19th overall pick last year right? Was that too rich; seems like the 51st pick might well be considered a steal by Emery.

Ego is going to see plenty of playing at NT, and Johnson could not have played that role, he's more of a 3 tech DT. And did he mean Justin Ellis, the guy that went in the 4th round should have been picked instead of Ego in the 2nd b/c he was a better option? apparently NO GM or Scout in the NFL agreed w/that theory.

Fales is an, at best backup that might not even get to be that this year.

He is dead on about Fuller/Sutton/Vareen though, all COULD be day 1 starters, but only Vareen has a real shot; but all 3 will see significant time, then again so will Ego.

• Like Like x 1