FELLOW BEARS FANS: We're In For A Special Year In 2013

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BelieveInMonsters, Sep 24, 2013.

1. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters

I know some of you will say that I'm drinking the Kool Aid. Others will say that the beloved haven't played any quality opponents yet.

Our Bears are 3-0 and it's time (not that some of us haven't already) to take this team seriously.

The Bengals and Vikings were playoff teams less than a year ago. The Bengals are a favorite to go to the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh is an extremely hostile environment and an extremely tough place to get our first road win even though the Steelers are having a tough year.

The scary part is, we've played some really solid football, have come through in the clutch, the offensive line has been extremely improved (against some really tough defensive fronts), and the defense has been ball hawking despite the fact that overall we haven't even been clicking on all cylinders yet.

Could you imagine what this team will do once the offense as a whole gets fully in sync and 100% comfortable in Trestman's system? Factor that in and the offense is only going to get better as the season wears on and they get more reps in.

We are in for a special year Bears fans. I'm not going to go so far as predicting a Super Bowl berth. But, a special year is going to unfold in 2013...there's no reason to think that we can't win the NFC North this year. There's no reason to think we can't be one of the top NFC teams.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

If a team starts out 3-0, i seriously doubt anyone could accuse you of "drinking the kool-aid."

In any case, i predict a disappointing season...we most likely will win the Division, maybe even as a #2 seed with some Homefield advantage. But, our "special" season is going to end in the playoffs. If we face Seattle at Seattle, i do not see us coming away with a victory against that defense on their home field. (If it ends up in Chicago...might be a different story). If we actually make it to the SB, chances are it will be against the Broncos, and the way our Pass D is performing (and now that we lost Melton), Manning is going to have a field day, turning the game into a shooting duel, and i just dont see Cutler out-gunning Manning.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. popcornlover

popcornlover Guest

4. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

I'm curious ,... please explain how THIS would be so disappointing ?

Seriously

I'd accept it as a gift,... considering all the adversities that have surrounded the team over the last couple of there or four years.

NOT Knocking you here Jimmors
  5. ZifanQ

ZifanQ SuperFan

I hope we make the playoff and win the division and even the SB(How great of a story would that be?)but honestly I see us not making the playoff. Sure we have a 3-0 start but those 3 victories havn't been won in Bronco style.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

IT WOULD be a great story the QUESTION IS Could it be sustained ????

Not knocking YOU zifanG,...NOR the new management and all BUT they are still in the building/ rebuilding process.

I'd be happy for the team if the made a playoff appearance ,.. as I have already said THAT would be a gift IMHO ,... I just don't want to this new regime become a flash in the pan.

So far it seems to be a proven point the Bears can win with Cutty at the helm AND Trestman has made that difference happen . Can it be sustained ? One thing for sure,we're all going to find out this week, of how well this team may do over the course of the season AND seasons to come.

This team has taken great strides thus far beating 2 playoff teams from a year ago, in overcoming offensive line deficiencies, receiving corp deficiencies, better use of it's skilled Offensive players ,.. No they weren't blowouts but the D did come up with necessary stops as well as the O coming right back down and making the scores to win
    If this team got to the Super Bowl,... I'd be as surprised as the many ECSTATIC AS HELL too,... who knew ??? HUH

This is one reason why I am trying to take this season one game at a time. I want to watch this team grow into and hopefully what may and can very well become THAT perennial winner we have all waited to see ,...and for some of us .....it's been a lifetime of waiting

BEAR DOWN
  7. Jimmors

one and done or two and done is always disappointing.
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

I try to just enjoy each win, and try to "get over" the losses (I don't do very well when we lose). I try to enjoy the seasons this way. In regards to this season, I figure the team is learning and adjusting to a lot of change. Even good change is challenging.

Injuries will drive a lot of what happens this season - both for us AND our competition. A good September team, can be a pitiful team by December, if it gets decimated by key injuries (like Cutler or other key players going down for the season).

So I just go at it a day at a time, and a game at a time. Enjoy the season.
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

As I get older, the off-seasons seem to last forever. I feel like a dying man crawling through the desert...

It's painful when the seasons end now.......worse than it seemed to be in past years. I'm trying to learn to like hockey, to get through the first months of the off-season. It's "OK" but not the same as football. I really don't care much for the other sports. So when the Bears are done for the season, it really sucks for me.
  10. Jimmors

Do what i did...start watching NASCAR. Starts in February, and races are on Sunday afternoons, just like football.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. a_miljan

a_miljan

gGys, maybe its just me, but i enjoy every season very much. Of course i love us winning, im sad until wednesday when we lose... I love this team, and been supportive and will be no matter what. Go Bears!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. ZifanQ

ZifanQ SuperFan

I feel you, watching "our" guys play every week is something really great! That being said winning is also more fun than losing! I've witness Hawks winning the Stanley cup and now I wanna witness the Bears winning the Lombardi!
  13. a_miljan

a_miljan

Dont forget DaBulls this year, straight to the top with DRose, Ive stayed up all night watching Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and our Toni!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

HOw can it be a disappointment when the Bears weren't even figured into the playoff equation this season ??? and IF they go that far .. I'd say thats more of making a statement considering

If this team gets there win or lose

I believe there will be plenty more to come
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Maybe I will. It has to be easier to learn than hockey. My son patiently explains the hockey rules to me when we watch together. But I still only get about half of it. I enjoy the wins. But part of the games seem like a bunch of angry guys beating the crap out of each other - and they have sticks too. And folks get "time outs" too. That's one part I wish they had in football.......Suh would be the king of penalty time :)

I do respect how the hockey guys play physical. It's pretty impressive that way.

I'll bet NASCAR is pretty cool. I'll have to try watching it. Thanks.
  16. Jimmors

Have to pick a driver to follow, your driver is like your "team" in other sports. But yeah...its pretty simple to learn [insert left turn joke here]
  17. Jimmors

Because its a half-measure. Playoff losers are the worst kind of losers. At least basement dwellers get high draft picks to look forward to. Getting a low draft pick and a playoff loss is very depressing. (Going 10-6, missing the playoffs and getting a low pick even more so)
  18. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

THAT was a great approach when Lovie was here When players weren't getting developed or advancing up the ranks ,..

SO far I 'd say Phil's done a pretty good dealing and drafting this year and last year . BEST PROGRESS The Oline although not complete,..it has improved in the passing game. Needs work on the running game
  19. DavidL

DavidL SuperFan

If the playoffs begin next week, the Seahawks would beat the Broncos in the Superbowl. But every team has a lot of games and injuries to get through in the regular season. As you know, a lot depends on who can peak in December.