First 8 Weeks Schedule/predictions.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jul 8, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    upload_2014-7-8_20-21-59.png

Buffal0 _ Win_ I really can not see EJ Manual in his 2nd year, along with a Rookie WR beating us. I like Sammy Watkins alot but rookie WR rarely do well and this will be his first NFL regular season game. CJ Spiller should be contained well with or new D-Line

San Francisco_ Win_ No I am not crazy. There Defense is good but was never the same without Aldon Smith. He had his charges dropped last month for his airport bomb statement but still has to face any league suspensions. I do not expect him to play in wk 2. The 49ers lost 3 of there 4 starting DB's in Free Agency, gone are Donte Whitner, Carlos Rodgers, and Tarell Brown. They drafted Jimmy Ward and got Bethea from Indy but CB still suspect, especially early in the year. On offense V. Davis TE is holding out for a new contract and missed all OTA's, WR Crabtree, Boldin (getting old) and Stevie Johnson from Buffalo are formidable but not great. If we can stop the run, F Gore primarily and rookie Carlos Hyde we have a great chance to win this game. It will be a tough game and they have Patrick Willis at LB who is a game changer, playing them early works to our advantage as the DB's will hopefully not be in sync and the new receivers and Davis not potentially in great shape will help us get a win.

Jets_Win_ They will have a tough Defense but I believe are offense will prevail. This is like a TRAP game which worries me coming off a high note beating the niners and looking ahead to the Packers. I believe we will be 2 -1 after the Jets game even though I predicted 3 wins. If we lose to San Francisco we will win this game and vise versa. The Jets got RB Chris Johnson from the Titans and looking for improvement out of 2nd yr QB Geno Smith. The Bears should win this one but the TRAP is set.

Packers_Win_ They are coming to Soldier Field for this one and this was the point of the entire off season. We all know about Rodgers and WR Nelson and Cobb and RB Lacey. We all know where Peppers went and we believe we got an upgrade in Allen. We all have a bad taste in our mouths from last yr. Its time to reclaim the NFC North and it starts here.

Panthers _Win_ They are a running team and the Bears put the line together to stop the run. All reports say the LB's are improved and this is back to back weeks we need them to stop the run with the DL. Panthers have a good DL with G. Hardy at DE. He can apply pressure and Cutler will need to get rid of the ball. Luke Kuechly is one of the best LB's in the bussiness. On offense Cam Newton is limited at WR, especially since Steve Smith left town. They have a tandem of RB's with DeAngelo Williams and Stewart. Gregg Olson at TE is always a threat. This will be a good match up between Bears offense and Panthers Defense. Bears Defense should prevail and get the W

Falcons. _Loss_ They were much better than last yr showed. The Road catches up with us.

Miami_Win _ OLine in rebuild mode

Patriots_Loss_ We should win but its Brady and Belicheck. We have more talent and I like our chances, just a lot of respect for B&B

Prediction 6-2 or 5-3 worst case
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Brother I would love to come out of the stretch 5-3 and would have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head at 6-2 but until I see what this team looks like after camp and preseason I'm sticking with my position. If we can come through this 4-4 we're in a good spot because I believe we can win 6 or 7 of the next 8 games.

Nationally televised night games have always been an issue for the Bears and we have 'em back to back in weeks 2 and 3. I think we can take the Jets hands down but SF in SF? No, not even with Aldon Smith out. For whatever series of reasons the 49'ers have always been a tough team for us to beat any time any place.

The next two are toss ups and could go either way. For some odd reason GB seems tougher for us to beat at home than in GB but if we're ever gonna turn the tables on them this is where it needs to start. The Panthers could be tough at home depending on which version of Cam Newton shows up. This is another two game set that's a tough one so I hope we stay healthy through all of this. It was about this point last year that the wheels fell off. Can't let that happen again.

I think we can take the Falcons because as poorly as we can often do against SF we seem to have Atlanta's number. The Phins shouldn't be any problem either and if we lose the two before this these games are a way to get back on the plus side of the W/L ledger.

I think we actually take the Pats. By this point in time we should have worked out all the kinks and this is the game that could make us 4-4, 5-3 or 6-2 for the first half. I think we come into this one with a full head of steam because depending on what's happened up to this point we either need it to break even or we need it to start pulling away in the NFCN before the division games start.
  3. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +408 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    8-0
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

I rated it as creative because it would take a very creative mind to imagine 8-0 out of that. :eek7:Congrats. When's your next piece of fiction due to hit the stands. :rofl2: j/k

If that happens I'm buying SB tickets. :13 4 9[1]:
  5. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    6-2 or 7-1

I think the 9'ers are beatable and other then green bay I think we can out score everyone
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +751 / 6 / -24
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,226ß
    After watching the NFL for 50 years, I am always amused by all the "expert" preseason rankings of teams based mostly on LAST year's performance. One year is an eternity in the NFL, and it takes that first month of the regular season to really see which teams have improved and declined since last season. Just my opinion.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,497 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    533ß
    Funny, as optimistic as this prediction is, I don't find it to be all that crazy or impossible.

If we can't beat Buffalo at home week 1, it's gonna be a long year. Sorry, folks, that's a crappy team who just lost it's starting MLB and has a crap QB. They're gonna run the ball so if our DL isn't the sieve it was last year, we should win this one handily.

I would normally think playing the Niners in SF was a probable loss but I'm not so sure anymore. This team has had a horrible offseason and doesn't look quite as formidable as last year. Lot of controversy, holdouts, and player losses. No Aldon Smith, no Bowman, maybe no Davis. Hint: if you want to beat them you have to contain Gore and keep Kap hemmed in the pocket. He's not that good of a pocket passer. I think we will certainly be underdogs but they are definitely beatable.

Carolina is another "playoff team" we face on the road in what superficially looks like a sure loss. I don't think so. That team had a rough offseason as well (RB cap hell) and lost it's only WR weapon. I doubt the Panthers do better than 8-8 this season.
  8. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    160ß
    Would be extremely happy with 5-3, pleased with 4-4, that would be a score we can build on
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

Yep, if we can come out that stretch 5-3 I'd be very pleased. As much firepower as we have on offense and even with all of the additions on defense this team is coming off and 8-8 season and still learning to play together as a team. I give Marc Trestman and his staff and enormous amount of credit for instilling that "one for all, all for one" concept in his players but attitude is only 50% of the total. They still have to do it and that's the other 50% we haven't seen yet.

I believe the difficulty of these first eight games is a great challenge for these guys because if they do put it all together and dominate in some of these games they're gonna get a lot tougher to beat as the season progresses. Right now I think the believe they can win but if they come out of that eight game stretch 5-3 or better they're gonna know they can.

My hats off to you guys who imagine 6-2 or 7-1 or ever 8-0 LOL. You could be right and I'm just being too conservative but like I said if they go 8-0 over those 8 games I am buying SB tickets because they're gonna be there. Rational thinking though says it's one year too soon.
  10. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    I agree tough schedule to start but having the same offense in place gives us a huge advantage starting out the year. Other teams will be working out the details with there new players and we have the base down. Under Lovie the offense always had a hard time in TC trying to catch up with the Defense. Sure the defense was our staple but it was the same players in the same scheme. This will be the first time in a long time, Ditka yrs, that the offense is not changing. And the talent now I believe is better. If we want to win a Super Bowl we need to be 6-2 or 7-1, otherwise we will not go far in the playoffs if we are 4-4 and even able to make the playoffs. We have to beat 1 or 2 of these teams to prove we belong. The only teams in the first 8 who should win are San Francisco, possibly the Packers, and long shot the Patriots. A good team needs to overcome the road, loading up victories at home at the end of the season only to lose to the 49ers or Packers in the playoffs would be more of the same. As fans we have to expect and demand more, accepting a 4-4 start to me is accepting mediocrity
  11. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +415 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    567ß
    6-2 ... only L's to 49ers & Pats , all the rest are beatable but some will be squeakers . And this is all contingent on the O playing up to par and the D being respectable - otherwise 4-4.
  12. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +936 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    783ß
    I'll take 5-3
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,084 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    +1
    Obviously we don't know very much at this point, but it's certainly possible we could be 5-3. Here's why I feel we have a shot at that. The offense will be starting pretty much the same set of guys, and this will be their 2nd year in the Trestman offense - an offense that was one of the best in the NFL last year. So we should come out of the gate as a powerhouse offense.

The defense should be night-and-day better than last year. There will be a ton of new pieces though. That's the one thing I worry about in the early games - it may take a few games to get up to full speed and chemistry. But still, they should be light-years better day-1 than last year.

I'm really hoping we make a statement game in that Green Bay matchup. If the D truly is better, I could see us having a great game against the Pack. It seems like it's been forever since we put a full-scale beat down on them. Yeah, I'm going with 5-3.
  14. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,497 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    533ß
    I'll take 5-3 too but 6-2 is doable. If we are going to be a true contender and not just a pretender, yeah we have to win close games and beat teams like the Jets & Panthers on the road and the Packers at home. We have some very tough games 1st half but we also have some like Miami and Buffalo at home that simply you must win if you are gonna be a serious playoff team.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. BossK

BossK Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß

I'm with ya. Pass the kool-aid

What does rational thinking have to do with anything? I BELIEVE....
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  16. BossK

BossK Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß
    On second thought- that didn't turn out too well with the US soccer team, did it-

And the Jones colony didn't end real well either...

What is in this kool-aid anyway?

Yes, I just quoted myself.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Well in real life I've been known to do so many irrational things that I tend to hang on to a few rational thoughts from time to time just for balance and to keep from this. :10 1 19[1]:

:koolaid[1]: But I'll sip and little kool aid with you anyway. Just enough to wet my imagination.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,691 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,867ß
    It's all sound reasnoning, but I don't a realistic W at SF, in chitown okay maybe. It's a well coached team, and their WR/TE are probably the only one I think is as good as ours....and their run game is only slightly below ours. Their D, if ONLY average puts them on par w/ours also.

So take 2 teams that are looking pretty similar, the advantage has to go to the home team, imo.

Put GB and NE down as likely losses also; 5-3 is a huge win imo, Matty Melt down never scares me so I just don't see that as a loss, even at their house. Even if they did lose to Atl, 4-4 is a good way to start the season going into what many will consider the "weaker 1/2".
  19. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +936 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    783ß
    I don't think their receivers are close to ours.
  20. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    I agree. I like our offense over the niners. I give them the edge on defense but with a new secondary and getting them early I hope will work in our favor. I do not see 6-2 or 5-3 as out of reach. We have a good team and need to play like it. Our D will take some time to gel and work out the bugs but the offense should be firing on all cylinders.