First 8 Weeks Schedule/predictions.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,524ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    6-2 ... only L's to 49ers & Pats , all the rest are beatable but some will be squeakers . And this is all contingent on the O playing up to par and the D being respectable - otherwise 4-4.

2. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,360ß
    I'll take 5-3

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,303ß
    +1
    Obviously we don't know very much at this point, but it's certainly possible we could be 5-3. Here's why I feel we have a shot at that. The offense will be starting pretty much the same set of guys, and this will be their 2nd year in the Trestman offense - an offense that was one of the best in the NFL last year. So we should come out of the gate as a powerhouse offense.

The defense should be night-and-day better than last year. There will be a ton of new pieces though. That's the one thing I worry about in the early games - it may take a few games to get up to full speed and chemistry. But still, they should be light-years better day-1 than last year.

I'm really hoping we make a statement game in that Green Bay matchup. If the D truly is better, I could see us having a great game against the Pack. It seems like it's been forever since we put a full-scale beat down on them. Yeah, I'm going with 5-3.

4. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,337ß
    I'll take 5-3 too but 6-2 is doable. If we are going to be a true contender and not just a pretender, yeah we have to win close games and beat teams like the Jets & Panthers on the road and the Packers at home. We have some very tough games 1st half but we also have some like Miami and Buffalo at home that simply you must win if you are gonna be a serious playoff team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BossK

BossK
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    78ß

I'm with ya. Pass the kool-aid

What does rational thinking have to do with anything? I BELIEVE....

• Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  6. BossK

BossK
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    78ß
    On second thought- that didn't turn out too well with the US soccer team, did it-

And the Jones colony didn't end real well either...

What is in this kool-aid anyway?

Yes, I just quoted myself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    Well in real life I've been known to do so many irrational things that I tend to hang on to a few rational thoughts from time to time just for balance and to keep from this. :10 1 19[1]:

:koolaid[1]: But I'll sip and little kool aid with you anyway. Just enough to wet my imagination.

• Like Like x 1
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    It's all sound reasnoning, but I don't a realistic W at SF, in chitown okay maybe. It's a well coached team, and their WR/TE are probably the only one I think is as good as ours....and their run game is only slightly below ours. Their D, if ONLY average puts them on par w/ours also.

So take 2 teams that are looking pretty similar, the advantage has to go to the home team, imo.

Put GB and NE down as likely losses also; 5-3 is a huge win imo, Matty Melt down never scares me so I just don't see that as a loss, even at their house. Even if they did lose to Atl, 4-4 is a good way to start the season going into what many will consider the "weaker 1/2".

9. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,360ß
    I don't think their receivers are close to ours.

10. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,253ß
    I agree. I like our offense over the niners. I give them the edge on defense but with a new secondary and getting them early I hope will work in our favor. I do not see 6-2 or 5-3 as out of reach. We have a good team and need to play like it. Our D will take some time to gel and work out the bugs but the offense should be firing on all cylinders.