First 8 Weeks Schedule/predictions.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jul 8, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,278 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,441ß
    boldin and crabtree arent better then marshal and jeffery but davis and johnson are better then wilson and bennettand its not close.
  2. Donald J

Donald J Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I know you don't know but Kiko was moved to outside LB our MLB now is Brandon Spikes it will be a dog fight your defense isn't good and your O-line isn't good close game we win 17-14
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    868ß
    Who Dat
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    868ß
    Nice quote. Maybe I should have said.

What dat
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Geez, a little early for 1st game trolls isn't it? Especially those who don't follow the team at all and have no idea what went on in the offseason. But welcome to DaBears anyway. We serve all types here.

Sorry Buffalo Billy but that ain't even close to the same defense you think you're guys will be facing. We got a whole lot better.

And that OLine was good enough to make the Bears the second highest scoring offense in the NFL last year with backup QB playing a third of the games. There was enough to blocking to have the two top WRs in the NFL last year and a RB with nearly 2000 yards total offense.

We'll take our chances OK?

EDIT: Ah also, punctuation is your friend. We don't charge extra for commas and periods around here.
  6. Donald J

Donald J Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I don't follow the team?I've been a Bills since I was 5 years old but thanks for being so bright.I know you Bear fans think this is the same Bills team the last time we played not so fast out Defense is better and out offense has talent all over the place.I got a question for you how are you going to stop us huh?plus which Jay Cutler will show up.

Are you still feeling good about this game?
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,658 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,158ß
    I think the point that Soulman was making is that the Bears team is quite different from last season too. I believe you when you say the Bills are much upgraded from past years (I really haven't followed them). But the Bears are totally different too. Marc Trestman came here last season with the reputation of being very gifted at developing QB's. He's worked wonders with Jay Cutler in just 1 season. Our offense went from being a perennial joke, to a top-3 offense in the NFL. We should be even better this second season in the Trestman WCO. It's crazy, but the offense had a lot of young players last season, so this 2nd season should have them improve even more. The offensive line could be one of the better ones in the NFL this year.....it's the same group as last year, only the rookies should be even better in their 2nd season. Kyle Long should see another Pro Bowl year too. Bushrod and Slausen are extremely solid. We also have two Pro-Bowl WR's (arguably the best receiver talent in the NFL when you add in 6'6" Bennett and RB Forte who is probably the best receiving RB in the NFL).

So, I fully believe both teams have improved. I don't think it will be a close game though. IMHO, your 17-14 prediction will probably not happen. I'd be surprised if we were held to under 30 points in that game. But hey, I'm just a meatball fan :-)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,278 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,441ß
    Don he's referring to you not following the Bears, not the Bills, no doubt you follow them.

As for how the Bears can stop you, CJ Spiller is about the only real threat on the team. Watkins is a rookie WR, and while he might be great eventually, it's 0nly a special few that have great rookie years....and there isn't anything around him to help soften the blow of the NFL; especially your QB. Woods/Chandler/Jackons(how he is still playing?) aren't threats and EJ Manuel isn't going to scare anyone.

Question for you, how are you going to stop Forte/Marshal/Jeffery/Bennett? A top 5 RB, essentially 2 #1 WR's and a top tier TE. Even w/the eventual Cutler turn over, it's to much fire power to stop them from scoring.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Everytime I predict how lousy we will do is the opposite of what we end up doing. Last year I predicted 4-12.

So why jinx things ? We beat the Bills & Jets, 2-6. :18 1 205:
  10. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +700 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    477ß
    Davis is clearly better than bennet, but I'm not big in Johnson and we don't know what Wilson is. Either way our too 2 are way better IMO than theirs. Just my two cents.
  11. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +700 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    477ß
    You know Kiko Alonso is out for the year....right?
  12. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,278 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,441ß
    our 2 WR's are better then theirs, but what we have in Wilson is an unknown, and regardless not likely to be used b/c of the RB and TE in front of him. What they have in Johnson is a former #2 that is now their #3, and they have a QB that I believe is more willing to spread the ball around then Cutler so depth for them is important.
  13. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Buffalo at home is a major gimme ... or else we really do suck.
  14. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß

Well considering the fact that I was referring to you not having an in depth knowledge of the Bears, not your own team, I'd say I'm not the one struggling with reading comprehension here "Billy". Also, if you plan on insulting my "dim understanding" don't do it with a sentence that begins with a preposition like "but". I did you a favor and took it out and capitalized the "T" in "thanks". Now it reads correctly. Billy, Billy Billy, I'm afraid I can't give you any higher grade than a D- on crap like this.

Apparently you didn't take my previous suggestion about punctuation either and even added bad grammar to this one. Are you being passive aggressive or are you just undereducated? Most of this is 4th grade stuff "Billy" so come on. If you're gonna come around here questioning my intelligence you might consider showing some of your own first.

Anyway, I fixed it all for you and highlighted the errors in red just like your 4th grade teacher would have done. Did you skip that year? Billy, rather than wasting your time coming around here making predictions and insulting me why don't you crack the books a little harder. You should be able to write better than a 4th grader by now so my suggestion is to watch less football and read more. It may help. Books are usually punctuated correctly and editors catch most of the bad grammar.

Oh, almost forgot. It's a home opener so yeah I'm still feeling good about that game. Thanks for asking.
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 3
  15. BossK

BossK Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    It's too bad these offseason trolls from mediocre/bad teams never seem to stick around after the season starts. Wonder why.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Especially the teeny bopper ones like "Billy" who'll have forgotten he even posted here in another week or two once his ADD takes hold again. Every so often they can be entertaining though especially when there isn't much else happening.
  17. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    To be honest I have no idea what our record will be at mid season. The schedule is very tough & we really don't know how much improved we will be at this point without seeing any game. However I do believe we could be a great team this year & I think some of these early games are key.

I definitely think we beat the Bills but I don't think we have much of a chance to win in SF. Hell, the last time I remember us beating them in SF was 85'. I think this is a key game for us as far as going to SF in primetime & competing against a very good team at their place. I don't think we have to win it but we do need to compete, play well & make the Niners beat us. We can't go in there & lay an egg like we have for years. I think playing them tough in a physical hard fought would give us confidence that we can play with the elite teams in the league, where ever we play them. If we play well I think we beat the Jets the next week, but if we get blown out that Jets game on the road gets really tough. Lose to the Jets & GB & all of a sudden we are 1-3 with our next 2 games on the road against 2 good teams.

IMHO the Niners game will tell alot about this team.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    868ß
    Yep, the niner and Packer game should tell us alot about ourselves early. I still think with the niners having 3 of 4 new DB's starting together for the first time that we are getting them early and at the perfect time. Although I believe it will be a tough game I believe we can win. I expect our Defense to be a top 10 again, and yes we will have some bumps with all the new guys as well, but most of ours are on the line, critical to the rush but generally not points on the board like when there DB's get confused.

Once again I agree, Niners and Packers will give us a good Barometer reading early in the season. If we can not beat them early, we will have a harder time beating them later ( playoffs or div for GB) in which case 8-8 last year may be looking pretty good.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
  20. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Damn board!!! I hate it when it combines the quote with the new text so this is a duplicate of my response to BSB. Whatever happened to the "quote" button that separated the two. Now you have to e careful to space down out of the text you're quoting or it combines it.

Gotta hit Ski up with this.

Bingo. Exactly what I was thinking. If we assume that Seattle will once again be at the top of the heap, and that's not much of a stretch, then to even get at them we need to win in our own division. If we can't begin to at least dominate GB at home we don't stand much of a chance to win the NFCN until we do.

If we can do that then SF and few others stand in the way but by far SF has always been a tough win for us. They just seem to have our number and Harbaugh likes nothing better than beating his old team. If we can't win this early game at the very least we need to take it to them and play it down to the wire.

We got badly outcoached our last game against them and I don't ever want to see that happen again.
    • Agree Agree x 1