First pre-season Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,589 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    943ß
    • Like Like x 1
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,402 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,586ß
    Joe Anderson/Marcus Anderson as the backups to Jeffery. there's three, Marshal, Bennett are 5, I guess that means Wilson is battling DA and Golden for the final spot. W/Weems Toliver, Lenz and Jackson on the outside.

Anyone suprised that Adams is listed ahead of Fendi? and Brown is listed in front of Long I thought it was just b/c of how they did alphabetically, but it doesn't work w/Wooton/McClellen or Kyle/Fendi.
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,418 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    436ß
    Fendi has reportedly had a disappointing camp except for one day (lot of drops). That seems to be why Pope was brought in. I think it's fair to say that behind Marty the TE talent level drops off precipitously.
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,402 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,586ß
    maybe they should have taken Eifert....o_O
  5. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    65ß
    Very surprised to see Steltz at backup FS considering the much better athletes under the SS chart. I thought it would be Zibs and Steltz backing up SS with Hardin and Walters at FS. Hopefully, they are mixing it up and getting a healthy rotation at both spots.
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,418 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    436ß
    Ric, don't get me going lol.
    DeCastro--Eifert (+ keeping Izzy) doesn't look so bad right now, huh?

But seriously, we have what we have and I'm over it. Shea has reportedly elevated his game noticeably so let's find a way to use him effectively. And Long can be a dominant OL player with the good coaching and development. We all love to nitpick the GM's decisions (and they all have clunkers here and there) but to be fair lets remember that Emery was handed a rusting ship with a lot of holes and taking on water from the previous regime's ineptitude and neglect.

The pipeline was running dry on DL & LB and the OL, WR, and TE corps were utter suckitude even in the first tier. Phil has done a lot and he couldn't accomplish everything in only 18 months.
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,418 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    436ß
    Haven't heard squat about Hardin. No bueno there. The 6th rounder from that draft class is getting all the accolades and the 3rd rounder seems nowhere to be found. :mad:
  8. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,402 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,586ß
    MP, ya if they don't grab in the first DL last year or this one....holy crap, instead of Emery looking like a GM who reaches he's be looking like a GM that hits home runs in the darft.

I know but it's just for lulz at this point.

Sox, ya Steltz at FS is interesting. It sounds like Zibs is going to struggle to just make the team.
  9. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    65ß
    Not really surprising considering the veterans depth at S taking up reps, but he's been noted as having a few picks, so far, including one today.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    170ß
    It's great to see Long listed as first string. I hope this is an indication of his value and not the reverse.