Five Takeaways From OTAs..................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Jun 4, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    5 Biggest Takeaways from the Chicago Bears' OTAs

By Ross Read , Featured Columnist
    Jun 4, 2014
    [​IMG]

The hockey season in Chicago sadly has come to an end, and baseball remains mediocre at best in the city. This means the Bears get more attention, even if it's just OTAs.

What is usually a mundane practice time in the summer, this round of OTAs has had its fair share of stories. We saw a receiver go down with an injury, a former first-round pick start his road to redemption and a Pro Bowl player line up in a new spot.

Here are the five biggest takeaways from OTAs so far.

Begin Slideshow » http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2082515-5-biggest-takeaways-from-the-chicago-bears-otas
    To summarize:
    1) Tim Jennings will play at Nickel Back at times but we already knew that.
    2) Paea and Ratliff are the current starters at NT and DT respectively.
    3) With Hixon gone Chris Williams has a huge opening to become the KR/PR and 5th WR.
    4) McClellin gets his shot at SLB and MLB spots.
    5) Jared Allen is loaded for Bear, er.....Vikings, Packers, and Lions and anyone else who gets in the way.
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Personally I always thought Williams did have the inside track as a KR/PR despite Hixon's presence. I always figured it was more Hixon, Morgan and Tolliver who would be competing for the #4 spot. I can't see them having spent $100k to sign CWill away from NOLA and not giving him his shot.

I'm not surprised that they have Ratliff at DT to begin with Paea at NT although if Collins is 100% and Sutton shows he can handle the run as well as the pass I could see Ratliff moving back to NT along with Paea. Personally I think Ferguson will be the guy who'll take more time to develop and who'll end up at the back end of the rotation.

I really hope McClellin shows some aptitude for MLB. I'd love to see him become the next great Bears MLB.
    • Agree Agree x 1