Five Things We Learned: Bears-Chargers

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 16, 2013.

1. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,797ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    The zone scheme is opening inside lanes for Forte that seldom existed before and he's running with more forward lean and leg drive this year than he has in the past. The observations about him in the past weren't inaccurate but he's turning himself into a more complete back as a runner than he's ever been before. He's maturing and hitting his prime now.

But Bush is an absolute tank as a runner. Every run he's carrying tacklers and pushing the pile another two or three yards beyond where a lesser back would be stopped. With his size, his strength, and his running style he'll still end up being a more efficient short yardage guy than Forte and we need that. Forte is still gonna get the majority of the carries but Bush is a back you can really wear a defense out with. How often do you ever see the guy lose yardage on a carry.

2. BorisBear

BorisBear Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Yes! I was very happy to see the defensive line make some mean plays without Peppers out there. I was especially happy at McClellen's forced turnover and Collins' suffocating sack.

3. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    6. Rivers is a cry baby.

4. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    I am surprised at how well Bostic has been doing as a rookie. He needs some coaching on pass coverage. There was at least one touchdown in the first game that was due to his missing coverage. It's pre-season there is time to work on it. I am not ready to release Williams yet.

5. BorisBear

BorisBear Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    It will be handy to keep a savvy vet like Williams around for safe keeping and to tutor Bostic.

6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,764ß
    Heard some guys on the radio talking about it, they said if DJ cannot get back this week then it's probably not going to be his job to start week 1, but once he's back, depending on Bostic's play, he might get it back.