Frey making presence felt

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by short faced bear, Aug 3, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,474 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    506ß
    Right.........
    Like he couldn't be a good nickel? I think last year in Baltimore proved that. He outplayed our nickel (Hayden) in half a season. If he was still a Bear, who'd be 1st string NB right now? Probably Graham.
  2. AtomicTommy

AtomicTommy DaBears Ditka

Ratings:
    +2,852 / 13 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    313ß
    Good, because Hayden is out for the season. Torn hamstring.
  3. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1yr wonders are a dime a dozen in the NFL. Lets see what he does this year with the Ravens.
  4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +487 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    Redirecting this back to a guy who is actually going to wear a C on his helmet....

Frey is reported to look great on the practice field. We will need to see it in PS IMO. As "meaningless" as these PS games are looked at Frey will probably play one of the most important games of his career on Friday. I think that if he plays well in the time he is allowed (im guessing he will get some extended time) esp against the no. 1s he will be penciled in as the NB with the Hayden injury now in the books. This is of course subject to change but if he is able to play reliably and not have any meltdowns then I don't see a reason he wont be given a good shot to earn the job. I think a good outing will allow him full practice reps and no 1 time for at least the next 2 weeks. Now if we see him meltdown on Friday I would guess we will go FA/camp cut hunting for a bandaide backup plan at the NB.

Frey will make the roster, the question is weather he will be our starting nickle or he will be the 4th man IMO.
    • Like Like x 1