Frustrated Lance Briggs laments Bears 'transition'

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Mar 7, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,304ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I am not expecting Briggs back after this season. He will be old in football terms as well. He will soon be in the same boat. If he has an excellent season he may get a 1 or 2 yr deal and surprise me but I would trade him. If he is so valuable and worth all that money surely some team will give a high round pick for him if he is worth so much.:36_1_11[1]::7_4_14[1]::10_6_5[1]::10_7_5[1]::14_6_6[1]:

2. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    116ß
    BSB, is this the last year of his contract?

By the way, cool avatar!

3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,304ß
    Yes, Briggs will be a F/A after this yr

4. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    116ß
    Thanks BSB. I'd say that this year will probably be his last in Chicago. Especially if we don't sign Tillman.

5. omc1969

omc1969
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    For all the hand wringing going on I would remind some that it's all simply a part of the NFL. Sure we would all like to see all our good players stay but there is a "Shelf Life" involved here. This is NOT like Mikey dismantling the SB Bears of the 80's. It's about good players who are at the end of their careers weather we like it or not. Time marches on and I just hope the younger players Emery brings in can do for the "D" what players like Long and A.J. have done for the "O".

• Like Like x 2
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,304ß
    There needs to be a balance with young and OLD. Just do not want your old in Wheelchairs and walkers. You need Veteran leadership and next yr will be yr 3 for Bostic and I would hope he could fill the Leadership role of Briggs. Jennings will have to fill Peanuts role for the DB's, depending on the new Safeties and FAgents. Ratliff is a savy Vet and fills it on the DLine. The balance of young and old blood is vital to a teams success, but when the talent of the old blood is similar to the Old blood you need to move on. It is the GM's job to ensure you have the young blood in place. Without it you need FAgents to fill the gaps. That is where JA left us and so Emerys efforts have been seen on Offense. Missing on McClellan at DE really hurt, hopefully as a LB it will be forgotten. Its time for McClellan and Bostic to step up, I still expect Bostic to make some errors but show vast improvent. The following yr he needs to Make his second rd pick show value.

7. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,405ß
    This is Briggs last year. Bostic is his replacement. Lets just get that out now so a year from now we aren't having a nonsensical argument about Emery unfairly "purging" the roster of Lovie guys purely out of spite.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,648ß
    You have no idea how deep the conspiracy is. If only it stopped at Emery/Trestman.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,498ß
    Well there is something Obama and I can agree on, only took 7 years

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Trackguy

Trackguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    So, he thinks there should be more fanfare, like a big press conference to announce to a player that his services are no longer wanted? Think that one through, Lance. Would you like to be trotted out in front of everyone and told "we don't want you anymore"?

• Like Like x 1