Game 1 Grades

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,628ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Tillman: A 2 Ints, and some nice stops against a VERY good WR (Green). Would be an A+ if he stopped him, but stellar performance none-the-less

Cutler: A- Ran the offense effectively, made smart throws, but knocked down a peg for that Interception

Martellus Bennett: B+ Outstanding in the receiving game, but those two holding penalties dropped his grade, needs to fix it.

Brandon Marshall: A Outstanding performance, in sync with Jay.

Matt Forte: B Made plays when he could, but couldnt find the holes, too many runs for no gain. But, still solid performance.

Alshon Jeffrey: B Made catches, no mistakes, didnt get injured!!!

Gould: A Record setting FG, good as Gould. Best in the business.

Bears OL: B- Did a good job protecting Cutler, but had some issues opening up holes for Forte. Expect this to improve as the season goes on. Outstanding performance by Mills and Long in their first game.

Bears Defense: C+ Gave up WAY too many yards, too many 3rd down conversions, couldnt shut down Green or Dalton. But...finally had some fire in the 4th quarter when it mattered most. If the D can play like the 4th Quarter D all season, this grade will improve. If they play like 1st Half D, then its going to drop like a rock. Tucker has his work cut out for him.

Trestman: B+ Had some problems with the run calls, but overall, appeared to have adapted his playcalls, and Bears had successful drives. Overall, great start to what hopefully is a great season.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    Totally agree Jimmors

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,771ß
    Don't agree w/any of that, except:

Cutler B+ that int was horrid, it knocked him from A to B material
    Bennett C, he also dropped an easy pass
    Bears D: B, this entire bears D is predicated on giving up yards but not points. And AJ Green is one of the most difficult WR's to stop, it's hard to blame them b/c he had a great game. Dalton is hardly a slouch either. They got 3 TO's that created 14points for the Bears O, which was more then 50% of the points the O scored. Hard to give them a average grade for that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    725ß
    dont forget jennings!​

5. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,904ß
    Offensive line surprisingly good. It's so nice to see Cutler not running for his life. Really like our rookies.
    Good job by Marshall and Jeffery.

Tillman once again showed us why he belongs in the HoF. Most underrated CB in the league. Good job, Peanut!

James Anderson was good. If I was Trestman I'd start Bostic over Williams next week. Cutler had a horrible first half, really good second half. INT was on him, but who cares. Bears win, bitches!!

6. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    Cutler: B Showed improvement over last year but still needs to grow/gain confidence in his team.

Martellus Bennett: C Penalties loose games, I would have given him a D except for some of his catches.

Bears OL: B- Agree, great job and more to come this season.

Bears Defense: C+ Please learn to tackle effectively. Need more aggressive stunts to confuse excellent O-lines like Cincy.

Trestman: B Did a good job of managing the game. Cincy played better but inconsistency and penalties lost if for them

7. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    I agree with everything expect for Bennett. I'd give him a C- because of the penalties.

8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,628ß
    Cutler...i thought about it, and honestly, that INT was the ONLY bad decision he made all game. impressive.
    Bennett...tough one, but except for the holding calls (which is easily fixed), he did a great job.
    Defense: first half: F-, 4th Quarter, A-...so i split the difference. I have no idea which D is the real D. Have to tune in next week folks, to find out.

9. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,241ß
    The OL should get a C.

For the passing game they did ok. Cutler was still rushed and hit too many times.

The run game was terrible. No holes, and we ran for 2-3 yards at our best.

OL needs some work still.

10. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,628ß
    I dont think he was rushed, it looked like Trestman was simply calling quick passes a lot. And i didnt see him get hit all that much. Plus he was never sacked. And considering that the Bengals have a great Defense? I think they played outstanding in pass protection, leagues better than a Lovie OL. But, knocked em down because of those issues with the run game.