Game 1 Grades

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Sep 8, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,399 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,878ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    ESPN Had I think 2 or 3 hits/pressures on Cutler all day, against that DL that is an impressive feat.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    In Cutlers defense (just doing a bit of devils advocate) he was in the process of being sacked when he threw the ball. Watch the replay, a Bengals defense man had fingers inside Jays' pads. That being said, I think that Jay should have thrown the ball away instead, so there is a decision making smack there. That being said, Jay may have merely been trusting his O-line. Either way, it was his ONLY bad decision all day.

Also, Jay executed a game plan that required quick throws for nearly the entire game. Both teams did that in my opinion.

As for the O-line? Well, I think it still needs work, but Jay didn't make them look any worse today. Also, while there were not as many good holes, and the runs were generally shorter than I would have liked, they did pound that ball into the end zone. So, I would give the O-line at least a C+ or B-. They are better than last year.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    Something that annoys me: TE's kill our defense, without fail.

• Like Like x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,399 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,878ß
    Most over the middle plays kill our D.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Grades for the woodshed:

D - F @ tackling. Too much trying for the strip, arm tackling

DL - D @ pressure/penetration. Big reason why Cincy was having fun like kids with our secondary. Where was Jules all day?

Bennett - B- for silly holds. Catches made up for it but it's what's going to bury us sooner or later. Fix it...now.

OL - C for the run game. Expected against a good DL but still a worthy of a paddling. Gotta build on this.

Tucker - C+ overall. Hard to say how much was players out of position/executing & how much were Tucker adjustments or the lack there of but it was scary out there.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    & why we'll all be drinking heavier this season without a young #54 out there...

7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    Well, at least the defense has ONE JOB next week. ONE. Not 3 like we did today (stop AJ, Dalton and Grisham). Just stop AP. That's it. LET Ponder try to beat us with the passing game.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,229 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,102ß
    Remember Cutler is hard to sack. He gets rid of the ball (forces it).

I'm saying he got hit more than he should. I'm not sure what warrants a "rushed throw" but I was him rushed a half dozen times..

I still stand by my "C".. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    86ß
    That's what happens when you play cover 2 and get absolutely no pass rush. The holes keep getting bigger and bigger in the secondary. We seemed to change in up more in the 2nd half and it made a big difference. I thought Cutler did a good job taking what the defense was giving him in the 1st half. In the 2nd half guys were getting open & Cutler was hitting them. I don't think the pick was a bad read as you could see M. Bennett was breaking free downfield but Cutler got twisted a bit as he threw it causing the pass to go downward and fall well short. I the OL played great. This was a very good front 7 we played against today.
    I thought the difference in the game , other than TOs were the halftime adjustments made by our coaching staff. No way we when this game with previous coaching regime. JHMO

Cutler-A to B+
    OL- A
    WR- B
    RB- B
    DL- C
    DBs- B-
    LB- B- to C+
    Coaching Staff- A

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  10. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    372ß
    Agree the run game was terrible, but I thought they did a decent job at pass protection. I gave them a B- because the right side were rookies and did better than I expected.