Good Article on The Gap with GB and offseason Moves

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Apr 12, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,152ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Wasnt K Greene drafted to be Briggs replacement. With Bostic penciled in as Briggs replacement where does Greene fit in, Is he now a back up for life in yr 2.. We gotta find a place for this guy. If McC and Botsic take over the OLB positions then Greene is odd man out. I love what Emery has done as well but this does not look like it was thought out to well

2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    810ß
    I don't see depth as a bad thing. I also don't think we can assume Bostic is moving anywhere, or that Greene won't outshine McClellin. Those two were rookies, and while I would have preferred that they play better last year, there is nothing to say that they can't (or won't) improve after an entire offseason with the team.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,082ß
    I think some fans think McClellin > Urlacher. They've thought this from the beginning and "crowned him" before he's proven anything. If only we would play the mighty Shea M at LB then let the Hall of Fame career begin. I don't think they understand that he hasn't proven he's even backup NFL material yet. The Bears haven't given up on him yet, and we shouldn't either - but this is probably his make or break season for playing in the NFL. He hasn't proven squat yet. Until he does then he's just another guy we hope is not another 1st round bust. We've sure had our share of them over the past years.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß

We need a MLB, We have both WLB covered with youth in Bostic (Will/Sam) and Shea (Sam/Mike) Greene(Will/Sam). I know its a stretch to put Shea as a possible Mike but its a possibility. For this reason I always have and still contend that we are at least one if not two years away from burning a top pick on another LB. We have alot of talented but raw youth in our LB corps. I would contend we wait it out a year or two to see what we truly have before we invest a high pick in a Lb, likely sending one of the young guys to the streets.

• Like Like x 1
  5. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    It will be interesting to see what some of these guys have been doing during the offseason. Are they working their asses off? Physically and/or watching film to work on their
    skills? Or are they like a J. Webb, not internally motivated to do squat and choosing to party a lot? I am very interested in this. CornWash is a good example. What's he doing to get better? Or better example; what is Shea doing? Is he learning the LB position? Or is he sitting on a farm somewhere frying up chickens he caught?

Some people are just more internally motivated and I think it shows on the field. I obviously don't personally know any of the Bears so it's hard to tell. As much as I love Briggs,
    I sense he is one that at his age, groans when he has to work out during the offseason. And then there is Marshall/Forte/even throw old man Garza in the mix; these guys work
    HARD during the offseason to keep their bodies and minds healthy.

Just something else to talk about..... This May draft is bullshit.

6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Greene is the one people tend to forget about. Tremendously talented in college and we can't cast judgement over limited playing time as a rookie. He and Bostic have not even went through a real NFL off season yet and I expect to see elevated play from the both of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Yes, yes it is. We should be like a week or two away, instead its in freaking May (a weekend I have a wedding to go to nonetheless)

8. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    736ß
    Greene was very bad last year, one of the weakest links and im not sure he even is a NFL LB, lets hope he can vastly improve

9. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Impossible to judge with that disaster of a front 7 last year IMO. Briggs looked terrible as well, and I have no doubt that if BU was here he would have struggled. Greene will need to show improvement this year, yes but for that reason I would argue to hold off on a high LB pick for now. Let us have a year to see who goes where, who can play, and who flat out sucks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    736ß
    I hope so man, have faith in all of them, although he was extremely bad, lost really