Good article on Trestman/Peyton connection

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Oct 5, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tbear1

tbear1

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for posting. Marc has certainly put in his dues around the league. He is very straight foward which is nice as a coach. Over-all I like his play calling although I think sometimes he keeps running the same play because he thinks it should work even though it is not (running inside instead of outside). Hopefully this is a coach we can keep for the long haul.

This is the first that I heard of Cutler actually being sick. You don't want a guy playing after an IV. We should have a solid back up QB that can step up when required. It is not fair to Jay or the fans that McCowan is not a serious back up.
  3. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz What? Me Worry? Staff Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 1 / -0
    Damn you digital subscription.. :D
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,515 / 0 / -0
    That's a really well written article about Trestman and Cutler. Even if we lose tomorrow, if we're taking steps in the right direction, I feel better. We've only had 4 games of the Trestman era. I know this sounds crazy, but I'm more interested in the team making progress, than I am of the record. The article was 100% correct that some of our issues are Emery issues. Stuff that only the GM can fix due to them being personnel issues. We are at least one more off-season away from being a top-tier team IMHO. It could even require 2 more off-seasons to really get things rock solid. That doesn't mean we can't be successful this year. It just means we're doing it in spite of some talent problems in key areas.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1