Gould ill, injured, old ??

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by CBears, Nov 10, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,596 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    645ß
    You have one of the best kickers in the game so yeah a not smart decision to not take the 3 there (80% chance of success) against one the NFLs best front four. Classic case of Trestman using heart above head. Just plain dumb. You gotta take the two score lead there over the chance you may eventually score a TD. No guarantee that would have happened even if the the 4th was converted.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +2,642 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,300ß
    yeah, he should have taken it. People point to the fact that we could have won the game if Jeffrey would have caught one of two passes he missed, etc. That's totally true, but those things happen game in and game out. In the normal flow of the game, there are going to be runs and passes that don't go down like they were scripted. Either the QB puts it in the wrong place, the receiver misses it, or a defender grabs it. All are part of the game. I can't say I like it, but those are just game day events.

A coach can't control them. Making a decision on whether or not to go for a kick is something that you make a decision on and can control. We were a point or two back with the ability to take the lead in what already looked like a close game. I don't know... I don't make millions a year making those decisions, but seems to me there are better and worse times to make a decision to go for it. The Lions have a great DL, and we were dogfighting for the division.

Everyone has their own opinion, and honestly an argument can be made for either side. With the benefit of a rear view mirror, we definitely should have taken the points. It's over. Time to get a win against the Ravens. All we can do is handle what we still can control, so we need to win out the rest of the year. The only one I think we lose is GB because Rogers should be back.
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,596 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    645ß
    As I said in another thread:

The Bears never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

They can't/don't/won't win the "key" game. Even when given the gift of Rodgers being out and GB losing two straight at home. And having a home game against a beatable division leader. There's always something (O,D, ST, coaching) that loses a winnable/shoulda-won game. That's why they're middle-of-the-pack rather than a 7-2 team with a playoff spot theirs for the taking. Yeah, it's frustrating but that's the reality. I commend those who called it correctly a few months ago (which I did NOT)--the Bears are a mediocre, not-ready-for-prime-time franchise at this point who lack the killer instinct to be a real contender.
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +2,642 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,300ß
    I'm still working on this part... I'll get back to you after I figure it out....
  5. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +763 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    In the immortal words of Hilary Clinton, I say "At this point, what difference does it make?" This team is going to be starting every practice squad guy in a matter of weeks, we are riddled with injury and we will not be going to the playoffs. Injuries are no ones fault, I don't blame the players, I don't blame the coaches, I don't blame anyone, it just is what it is. This was a game we should have won, but we didn't and one more loss puts us at least a few spots higher in the draft. Now, don't go putting words in my mouth, you game plan and play to win, I am not in favor of intentionally tanking a season. However, put guys in to get more experience next year, use this as a learning tool, and if we win we win, if we lose, we lose.

frankly, I thought Trestman should have kicked the FG, but I wasn't screaming at the TV because of it. I want my coach to have a pair, I don't want him to be stupid, but I want him to be aggressive and have the ability to sack-up when he thinks he needs to. That's what I think Trestman did.
    • Like Like x 1