Green Bay is looking vulnerable this year. I think we retake the NFC-N Championship.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 28, 2013.

1. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    38ß
    I don't think we'll win NFC-N I think we can end as 2th for sure. I think our schedule is too brutal for us to finish first place. This is ofcause with the knowlegde of Long and Mills being starters and having a damn good rookie year.
  2. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Lifes full of slaps in the face ,.. I stated I didn't want to bother you ,..figuring you were busy but oh well ,.. that went right over your head ,.. yeah let's hi jack a smack the Pack thread over a text on sig ,..

So sorry ,..I believe I have resolved that no harm no foul ,.. but your statements here ,.. are totally asinine and unnecessary
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    WE HAVE A WINNER ! ! ! !

offense too TARK OH YEAH no doubt ,...I can see Rodgers eating the turf as much,... where Mickey-Mac-McCarthy will then redesign plays for him to roll out more ,... and in being on the run for his life for once , he'll surely launch some up for grabs ,... PIC 6's even,..OR he could get laid out few times right before he reaches the sidelines or slides and ends up coughing few up as well

Lending to his new found nickname "Rattled Erin"
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,214 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    255ß
    I don't understand where people are getting idea that our schedule is so "brutal" this year. It isn't. It's middle-ground average.

The NFCN is a tough division with 3 playoff capable teams (if you really think Minny is one, which I don't due to their QB limitations). Our rivals play the same teams home and away that we do.

The AFCN is weak. Cincy and Baltimore are the only teams who could finish with an above-500 record. Cincy is QB-limited and Balt is injury/FA-depleted. We have those 2 BETTER teams in that division BOTH AT HOME. Cleveland and Pitt aren't going anywhere this year. Our division rivals play the same 4 teams.

The NFCE sucks. 9 wins, 10 for sure will take the division. Once again, we have the two "better" teams, Dallas & NYG, at home. Philly sucks and is looking at a 4-5 win season. Washington has potential to repeat and will be a tough away game but that depends a lot on whether RG3 is/stays healthy and avoids a sophomore slump as defenses learn how to play him better. Like Minnesota, I can easily see the 'skins regress a little this year. Our division rivals play the same teams.

The two other games are against NO at home and St. Louis on the road. Both decent but both unbalanced (NO has a poor D, St.L has a weak O unless Bradford/Austin get hot). 1-1 is very reasonable to do there. Our rivals have to play a tougher schedule since they finished higher last year. Green Bay gets SF on the road (likely a loss) and Atlanta at home (quite possibly another loss). Minny gets Seattle and Tampa. I don't see either one doing better than 1-1.

So where is this exceptionally tough schedule people keep talking about? It's actually just average in difficulty.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    38ß
    Well it might be me but I think it's pretty scary. I might overrate some teams because of their previously achivements like NO. I still don't think that's a walk in the park like Browns.
    The must wins games for me: Rams, Browns and Eagles.
    In favor of the Bears but won't be easy game: Cowboys, Lions, Benegals and Steelers.
    50/50: Vikings, Ravens, Saints, Redskins
    Bears not being favorites: Packers and Giants

To me this schedule is harder than last years on paper IMO. But I can ofcause be wrong and I do hope I am!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I dont care if we win the division, i just wanna beat them once. And as someone else point out, minnesota rebuilt their team in less then 2 years and are a QB away form being ultimately dangerous. If they were smart they would check out that kid San Fran cut to who Harhbaugh had a hard on for but cut him to make roster space
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

The element of surprise will be by far ,...the Bears BIGGEST WEAPON this season BOOK It
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

IF he's this good,... Phil may snatch him up after tonights's game ,... if not sooner Maybe they get a deal done with Webb and Phil goes to work on this
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    343ß
    GB big concern is the Oline against both Detroit and us. Rogers is going to be needing get ball out fast this year so we'll see what happens.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

Oh he'll be getting it out fast alright ,.... real fast like
    Cough,... Cough,... Choke... Choke ,..Pic,...Pic ;)

BOOK IT ! ! ! !
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +733 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    77ß
    MPbears68, great breakdown of our opposition bruh.

I think the points 68 references about our opposition are reasonable and objective in terms of past performance and off season moves made, however, the speculation that everyone makes about strength of schedule for an upcoming season is totally subjective because every team changes (and deals with those changes differently) each year. The Bears themselves are a total crap shoot for this year and we are basing our speculation off of what we've seen in pre-season. Now, I'll grant you that I like what we've seen also, but that is certainly no guarantee. Other teams fans are looking at us and applying a reasonable an objective analysis given our plentiful off-season changes that we too will suck.

Ultimately, my point is that we don't really know what we have yet, much less what OTHER teams have, so to try to estimate a realistic strength of schedule is damn near impossible. I hope MP is right; I hate those seasons where we have a weak schedule because then you don't really have the confidence that your team is what they appear to be; however, I wouldn't want an unrealistically difficult schedule either, for obvious reasons. Give me a solid middle of the road schedule, inching over onto the difficult side, and then when the wins come, I can feel good about them. I really don't want to make the playoffs walking on cake. That's just me.
  12. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,214 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    255ß
    Well, it's subjective I agree but I don't see it as any harder. Last year we had the NFCW which is way tougher than the NFCE we have this season. Last year: AFCS which may be slightly easier than this years AFCN (not by much though since we have the two better teams at home). The key difference is that GB has to play SF and Atlanta which is way more formidable than us playing NO (home) and St. Louis.

Lets remember that ONE GAME separated us last season from winning the division and finishing 3rd out of the playoffs. And we barely lost to Seattle, Houston, and gave away the game in Minnesota.
  13. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,214 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    255ß
    I'm not discounting them by any means, but GB is looking a lot more beatable than the team they fielded over the last 2-3 years. Their once vaunted receiving corps is just one injury (to Cobb or Nelson) away from being very thin. Their OL is an absolute shambles everywhere but the G positions. Their defense and running game....lol, give me a break, the Bears are WAY better. They have the edge going in because of Rodgers. If he's lights out awesome, they will do well. If he is just "good", the Packers could miss the playoffs with the difficulty of their schedule.

Minny has a good OL and a decent D (little weak in the secondary). But their O is basically AP. Will he run for over 2k AGAIN? Maybe but don't count on it. Their WRs are nothing special and Ponder sucks. He can't throw more than 10-15 yards without launching ducks.

Detroit is a very un-disciplined team with a very unbalanced O. They need Stafford to be healthy and throw 30TDs with CJ racking up at least 1500 yards to win. That's all they have on offense. Their D is decent on paper (again weak behind the DL) and is already in PS doing the same dumb shit (personal fouls) that unravelled their last 2 seasons. With hot-head Schwartz at the helm, that's a team that will likely under-perform its talent level on paper.

The door to the division is OPEN. Just remains to be seen if the Bears walk through it or blow the opportunity.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +733 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    77ß
    No argument there at all.
  15. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    MP I care to disagree:

loss, bengals: tough
    spit, Vikings x2: playoff team last year, ponder is weak, but AP more then makes up for that
    loss, Steelers: down year, ya but always difficult
    sweep, Lions x2: should be a win, but they'll put up a ton of points and their DL is probably better then the bears OL
    win, Saints: Will put up a ton of points, constant playoff team, minus last year when they didn't have their HC or their leader on D
    loss, Giants: playoff team, good D, good O good coaching
    loss, Redskins: Gonna be difficult
    split, Packers x2, cream of the NFCN until proven otherwise
    loss Ravens, in the SB last year, don't sleep on them
    win Rams: up and coming, but not scared
    win Cowboys: not worried
    win Browns: not worried
    win Eagles: not worried

if the team can go .500 in the first 12 games, and stay healthy, they should end the year on a high note and slip into the playoffs. I see 7 losses on that schedule, at least and I think I'm being generous w/splitting w/GB b/c of their issues.
  16. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    yeahdat.gif

AGREED WHOLHEARTEDLY ! ! !

ANd if that's the case I'd like to see it as long fought battle ,.. there's nothing better for a young hungry team to gain their confidence and build upon their experience with

Screw the cake walk,... its the last thing this Bears team needs is over-confidence ,.....EARN THE RESPECT ! ! !
  17. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    778ß
    I agree.

I know one thing. I'm not willing to concede the division to Green Bay - like it's a forgone conclusion they are going to win it this year......like it's a "given" we can't win it. I just don't buy that.

We do need to keep healthy at the key positions. If Cutler goes down, then we're probably screwed. I really believe our team got significantly better since last season, and I believe our coaching staff is significantly better.

And here's the BIG difference from last season. Last year we beat the bad teams, but couldn't beat the great teams. I think this years team will have the ability to knock off some of the better teams too, and not just the bottom-feeders. I also think our team will get better (a lot better) as the season progresses and players get more comfortable with the new changes.......and the young players get game reps.

I'm thinking this new team/coaches may have the power to not only beat GB in Chicago. I could see us going into Lambeau and putting a hurt on them there too. Man, I'd LOVE to see a sweep of GB this year.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

JUST ,..... It if Da Bears take the Pack at the Lame-Blow-Bowl ,.... the sweep is on (Barring any injury thereafter ) have to Road map it for dem der Packer Fans aaay
  19. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,214 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    255ß
    For meaningless grins, I'll disagree with a more optimistic outlook. Concur with your BOLDS.

Dissents
    Bengals: tough opening opponent but Bears win home openers. Low scoring game with two Ds>Os. Bears over Cincy 17-13 on turnovers (Ginger pick, Peanut punch)

Vikes: Bears take two, close on road but handily at home. AP is awesome but he's not gonna run for 2100 again. Ponder sucks balls and Minny moves on from him after this season. Vikes finish 8-8, not enough weapons.

Steelers: Good shot to win at an otherwise tough road venue. Pitt is aging and injury-racked. Ben is no better than Cutler at this point in his career and Pitt has less weapons.

Giants/Skins: Bears split this duo. Skins season hangs on RG3s health and he will have taken some big hits by week 7. NYG are not the team they were a few years ago. Pass rush depleted.

Ravens: Toughest home game after GB but not the team they were after a slew of FA/injury losses. 50-50 shot to beat them.

I see 11 wins as very doable.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    dissents:
    Bengals qb is better then you're giving him credit for, and they have a solid rb group and one of the best WR's in the game(better then Marshal)
    Vikes: AP burns us every year until that doesn't happen count me as a believer in him, not saying he'll run for 2100 again, but that doesnt' mean he'll burn the Bears for 150-200 2x's.
    Stealers BigBen is hands down better then Cutler for 2 reasons: 1) he handles pressure better, 2) he doesn't turn the ball over like he did when he was young. That'll be the difference in this game
    Skins: Cousins is more then capable of winning a game for this team if RGIII goes down, and their RB is a man beast.
    Ravens: better qb, better rb(if only slightly) and their D is still going to be solid.

is 11 doable, yes but EVERYTHING has to go right, and that's just not likely.