Green Bay is looking vulnerable this year. I think we retake the NFC-N Championship.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 28, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68

Ratings:
    +858 / 1 / -0
    Just-for-fun re-dissents

Not sure I'd call AJGreen better than Marshall, even maybe a stretch, and Tillman shuts down #1s like Calvin pretty well. I certainly wouldn't call Sanu better than Jeffery. Their TEs>ours for sure. Two good/even Ds, but ours better at takeaways. Cutler>Dalton and Bears have home field. Cincy 1st teamers did NOT look good in game 3 vs Dallas, a team with a porous OL and one we both agree the Bears are better than.

If AP held to under 150/2TD, Bears win. We have more athletic LB corps this year to contain big gash running plays. Their receiving corps is nothing special. Most important factor: Ponder sucks and has a weak, limited arm, he won't be Minny's starter next year (at least not the whole season). They will draft his replacement in '14. Ponder is destined to become one of those "vet backups" you love to rail against, Ric.

Overall, the Steelers are an inferior team who's old and hurt. Only reason this isn't a odds-on "W" is that it's on the road.

Skins: Cousins isn't going to beat the Bears defense, no way. Chi pass rush will eat him for lunch. If RG3 is hurt/limited, the Skins are beatable even in DC.

Ravens: You have a lot of faith in a defense that has lost several key components and a lot of faith in a QB that is pretty pedestrian in the RS and won't have Boldin or Pitta to throw to. Toss-up game but Bears are home.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Actually, looking at AP's numbers, last year was an outlier for him. He gained 100 yards the first game, and then gashed our Beloved's D for 154. In the year before, he only played one game against Chicago before his ACL tear, and he only rushes for 39 yards. The year before that, he ran for 51 yards on 17 carries. Heck the year with Favre he still only went a combined 49-179 for a YPC of 3.65. I would hardly call that burning without last year.

Bengals/Bears will be a tough game. Both Ds will try to dictate the game and may very well succeed. I would call their RB group average. The Law Firm certainly hasn't been producing as well as the Bengals wanted, but their rookie might be good (who knows). Their top draft pick Eifert may or may not be the difference maker for the offense, but I certainly wouldn't count on him looking like the next Gronk or Witten in his first regular season game on the road against a very stout D. Dalton (Red Rifle!) may be good enough so far, but he still has had his moments where he's looked plenty beatable. Their O may be slightly less unknown than Chicago's but I wouldn't say that it's hands down better or anything. As most have stated, the Defenses are the strong suit of both teams last year, with the Offenses told to hurry the f*ck up and develop so Cincy and Chicago can contend.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 5 / -4
    my worry isn't so much the other teams, it's the OL, that right side really worries me and I need to see how they do against the first 4-5 teams to feel more comfortable.
  4. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yup. Long will go up against Atkins vs Cincy? That's a really rough test. If he does well, then we should proclaim him the next Carl Nicks (I'm only slightly joking).
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68

Ratings:
    +858 / 1 / -0
    Of course, me too. The right OL will make mistakes and have rookie struggles (especially early on), count on it. Trestman/Kromer have to scheme ways to help out with TEs, roll outs, etc. I don't want Cutler sitting in the pocket too long with those guys one-on-one and still learning the ropes early on.
  6. BearJim

BearJim SuperFan

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Man, 99 that would be sweep, I mean sweet!:) But we need to beat them at least once this year. Maybe in the playoffs!
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,947 / 8 / -2
    Our runner, who art in Eden, hallowed be thy stride. Thy touchdown come, thy cuts be clean, in Lambeau as they are at home. Give us this day our weekly fantasy points, and forgive us our channel flipping, as we forgive Cutler for his unexplainable interceptions. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from Rodgers. For thine is the Fandom, the MVP, and the Lombardi.

(stolen from a vikings fan)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Forever. Amen.
  9. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    I am NOT a "Jay Hater", but he has to produce against the Pack before I will feel confident in our ability to overtake GB within the division. Hopefully the new and improved OL will help him in this endeavor, because he has looked flat out AWFUL against the Pack.
  10. JPosh2012

JPosh2012

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    If the Packers need O-Line help they should sign Ja'Marcus Webb... LOL! That would give us two easy wins. Peppers gets 4 sacks on Rodgers. LOL!
  11. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,276 / 3 / -6
    Watch, they sign him and he turns into an all pro lol
  12. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Do they have any Taco Bells in Green Bay
  13. little bear

little bear

Ratings:
    +359 / 0 / -0
    Packers talking to former Jet RB McKnight according to sources. Apparently Eddie Lacy is not the real deal.