Green shoes for Brandon Marshall (promising a double fine)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,616 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    675ß
    Well, WR's usually are Divas. It could just be that.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,049 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,771ß
    This ^^^^^
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,049 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,771ß
    I agree with that. Hopefully that's all it is. A "diva thing" and not anything more than that.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +177 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    I think it's terrific that a player like BM uses the stage given to him for something good. He has obviously had a great realization in his life, and made a very positive change of direction. It's much better than a player like Aldon Smith, who shoots up his own party with assault rifles, and then crashes his car into a tree because he's so plastered at 7am. Then bails out and goes to practice like nothing happened. So many professional athletes get the free pass, and do absolutely NOTHING positive with their time in the spotlight. I applaud people like BM and even Cutler and Earl Bennett for spending lots of their own time and resources to help out others with similar problems to their own. Good for them, and good for those that they help. I'm happy to have people like that on the Bears.
  5. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    That there is the crux of the question for some...is game time really their time?
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,049 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,771ß
    Marshall can do all of that without doing the "green shoe thing" when the entire NFL is doing a league-wide sponsored event for cancer awareness. Many players (a large percentage of NFL players) sponsor good causes. They do it the right way though. He's just being a diva here. Wear the NFL approved uniform. And by all means, do like other players & sponsor good causes. But do it within the rules of the NFL. Don't be a bone head.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    JABF, I both agree and disagree. I am kinda concerned with some of Marshall's behavior of late as well, but I WOULDN'T pull a Ditka with him over the green shoes. Marshall is the type of guy whom you need to handle with kid gloves. As long as he isn't going COMPLETELY OVERBOARD, let him do his thing. If we lose him completely, then we are in deep doo-doo. Gotta pick your battles, man.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,049 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,771ß
    I agree. I'm just saying what I'd do (that's why I'd make a poor coach). Trestman will have more finesse. My guess is that Trestman and Cutler are working behind the scenes to get this guy settled down a bit. He can't have the ball like last season. Too many ints that way. We have an absolute stud in Jeffery, so it's not like we HAVE to force balls into double and triple coverage.

And yes, I guess Trestman needs to let the guy wear, or not wear, what ever he likes on game day. Heck, let him go barefoot with painted toe nails. As you say (and I agree) he's not a very steady guy emotionally, and needs to be handled with "kid gloves" or he goes off the deep end mentally. That's his history anyway.
  9. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    Well said, JABF. I agree with your post 100%. I have no doubt that both Cutler and Trestman are doing everything they can to make sure Marshall doesn't implode right now. That is the LAST thing we need.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    I think he should not get fined, anyways dont get me wrong i love ta-ta's but a month long of watching them wear pink for month i cant stand, not sure if im the only one, id like to see a week by week change like green, maybe some other colors as well to rep a few other things
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    An increasing number of people are reaching this conclustion, Bearclaw.
  12. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Or maybe, we could just play football...when did that stop being enough...I feel like a curmudgeon, but can't football just be football....I don't want an awareness, or a public service message, or a cause...at least not during the damn game...
  13. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +796 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    442ß
    Cancer is a devastating disease, and I'm all for awareness, but a month is too long. It's almost a fourth of the season. Or is it a quinth? J/K.

Pink may go well with some uniform colors, but some are downright hideous - like with the Browns uniform. And then they got the idea to make the yellow down line on TV pink??? That is just wrong. Why not paint the goal posts pink too? Heck, they can even use pink chalk for the yardmarkers and sidelines. Maybe we should go pink here at DaBears.com too. How does this look????

Do pink for a week or maybe two and move on. Enough is enough.
  14. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    Is Urlacher going to paint them for him? HAHAHAHAHAHA
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    There's a ton more better ways to promote awareness than using players as billboards & then telling players they can't promote others. Sure, it's the owners game with rules that need to be followed but running a program disguised as caring when they just want to make the game more female friendly while ignoring other serious diseases is ridiculous.

Marshall's just acting out a bit but the platform he's using is from the NFL's opening of Pandora's box for self serving reasons. Both need a boot in the ass IMO...
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,049 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,771ß
    My problem is that I have a difficult time understanding these players sometimes. It's just an alien world to me. I wear what my employer tells me to wear. I do what my employer tells me to do. From my time in the Marines to being a police officer for decades after that, I had to wear a uniform. I just accepted it. If I insisted on wearing green shoes "for a good cause" well......bad things would happen to me if I insisted on doing things MY way.

Marshall makes millions of dollars a year. I'd think that would be enough pay to wear the shoes your employer asked you to wear. But that's just "me" and like I said, I have a tough time relating to these pampered millionaires. It must be one hellofa gig.

Coaches now are basically baby sitters for a lot of egos & "head cases" that have never had a "real" job in their entire lives. The "rules" have never really applied to them. I think that's one reason why so many screw up their lives. They've never learned to live in a society with rules. The rules were always for other people (even during their college years they are treated like gods). It's also one reason, perhaps, why so many of them struggle when their careers end, and they are no longer "privileged" people. I "get it" that this is just the way it is.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Just a sad sign of the times...

The Entitlement Era where everyone is a person with rights anywhere & at anytime. BS...

As I tell the guys at work 'This isn't a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship'. Sure the owners are greedy & in it for the money but if they sign the paychecks, you do what you agreed to do which is follow the rules. Of course, if you've got the talent, you keep making a fool of yourself cuz you have the safety net of another greedier owner who will take you aboard which just keeps the circle of stupidity going. That strategy works until your talent drops off & you're more a pain in the ass...hello, TO.

Just a shame that a common sense issue is distorted nowadays.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,274 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,680ß
    yeah... But would they still fine him if they were green instead of pink for the month of October?
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,049 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,771ß
    I'm thinking of telling MY boss that I'm coming to work tomorrow in my underwear (a clean pair), and drink beer all day at my desk. I don't think I'll shave either. Just sit around in my undies, fart a bit, and drink beer. It's for a "good cause" so surely he'll let me do this. Right?

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  20. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    As long as Marshallplays like a rue #1 I don't care what he wants to wear , just stay in check and play the game and keep cool