Grizz's Final 2014 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, May 7, 2014.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Welp, there has been some great discussions and debates regarding this draft on here the past few months. At this time tomorrow, our questions will start to get answers.

Version 8.0 May 5th

Round 1 (14) Calvin Pryor. Safety, Louisville
    I'm sticking with this pick. I'm not going to revisit all the old points that have been stated before. I think that Pryor is a day one starter at SS and has ability to play FS if we need him to. Great in run support and coverage skills solid as well. He provides an X factor with his ability to lay the big hit and can sparkplug the unit and Soldier's Field. Forces turnovers, always good. As of now, the common trend is that Dix will be available at our pick, but I don't buy it. I think Pryor is as good of a pick as any, maybe Emery will be a bit less off the wall this year due to drafting a bit higher.
    Round 2 (51) Keith McGill. Cornerback, Utah
    He fits the bill for a bit athletic corner to replace Tillman down the line. His size and potential lets us hope he can develop into our guy to match the big targets teams are collecting now. His high ceiling will appeal to Emery.
    Round 3 (82) Kelcy Quarles. Defensive Tackle, South Carolina
    According to the mocks this may be overdrafting a bit, but you can't take mocks as set in stone. I don't think 9.5 sacks in the SEC is going to go unnoticed and think he is a fine pick in the 3rd. He is a perfect fit for 3tech, but at around 300lbs has the versatility Emery likes and we may need.
    Round 4 (117) Logan Thomas. Quarterback, Virginia Tech
    This may look a bit early to take Thomas, but qbs are usually drafted higher than originally thought. QBs with this much potential usually don't make it this far. Thomas has a higher ceiling than anyone in this class and his flaws are ones that are coachable. Trestman will have his work cut out for him, but it could pay off enormously. This has been my qb pick (and ric's) From day one and I'm sticking to it.
    Round 5 (156) Max Bullough. Inside Linebacker, Michigan State
    Good developmental ILB here. This is a terrible MLB class so we can wait until here to snag a guy to develop and provide emergency depth. Worst case scenario, next year's class looks to be much stronger at ILB.
    Round 6 (183) Storm Johnson. Halfback, Central Florida
    Hopefully storm stays in the 6th round, but I have a feeling he will. Good all around back that flashes some great potential, he can work to push for the RB2 job. May be a guy who's position and school lets him fly under the radar and we get a good one.
    Round 6 (191) Dez Southward. Safety, Wisconsin
    Double dip at S is something I kinda expect. Southward is as good as any down here so, why not? Scouts note a high ceiling for such a late rounder.
    Thank you, hope you all have enjoyed.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    fixes the 2ndry, gets a guy at DT that can contribute in a rotation and get some depth on the O side also, hard not to like.
  3. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    I guess Grizz didn't hear Emery talk about taking a QB after the 3d round, I think we are better off going after a good RB in the 4th then that QB Emery doesn't want.
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    mocks aren't meant to be amatuer portents of the future, just ideas of what could happen IF the draft went 1 way or the other.
  5. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +825 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    729ß
    Grizz, I like this one best. Nice job.