Grizz's Mock V1.0

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +445 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    Going to do a quick mock here. May not be as detailed as others but I'm nowhere near as good with the cap numbers as others on here.

Signed: Cutler, Jennings, Slausen, Bowman, McCown, Collins, Wooton, Mannely, Boggs, Williams, Hester

Cut: Peppers, Weems, Bush, Podlesh, E Bennett

Free Agents:

Alterraun Verner (CB) Younger guy who can come in and help replace the hole Tillman left. He has said that he is "open to test the market" so may very well be available.

LaGarret Blount (rb) Bush is gone, here is a more cap friendly option. Another guy who will likely use his stay here to try to set the stage to revive his career elsewhere.

Chris Clemons (SS) Does this really need to be explained?

Draft

1. Timmy Jernigan, DT-FSU
    Dominant on an undefeated national championship team. Solid all around as a starter as FSU and showed periods of dominance he could be of instant use for our flat out bad DL. Ideal 3tech.

2. Calvin Pryor, FS, UL
    The word that keeps coming up with this kid is physical. A few scouts have said that he has been the most physical player in the draft. All around solid and excels at coming up in run support he will obviously compete day one to push Conte.

3. Brian Stork, OC, FSU
    I'm being realistic on putting Stork here. Mocks now have him a bit later but I have a feeling that he will climb back up as this process goes on. Mean nasty and all around solid he should have a shot to have a crack at the starting job.

4. Chris Smith, DE, ARK
    We draft another DE to throw into the mix. Nobody has come out and run away with this job but we have multiple younger guys who will all compete. Shea is flat out bad so with pep gone we really need to find 2 starters. Smith no doubt can compete with what we have.

5. Ross Crockwell, CB, DUKE
    We need more secondary help, Crockwell stood out to me and did a pretty good job making plays on the 6'5 Benjamin from FSU in the ACC title game. At only 6 foot he seemed to have the ability to play well against big WR and thats always a concern with megatron in this division. Likely a development guy who can possibly play in some db heavy sets.

6. Aaron Murray, QB UGA
    Murray will likely not participate in any pre draft hoopla. This will likely drive him down here. If he is able to he will spend at least one season working with Tresty and co to develop into a viable backup when McCown isnt holding that job down. A talented young guy to start developing is crucial seeing that he may end up as the backup to McCown sooner rather than later with Jay's injury history. If McCown isnt back, this need flies up the board.

7. Isaiah Johnson, SS GT
    ST and can be thrown into the mix at safety, at this point, why not?

Hope you all enjoyed, more details as we get farther into the process.

• Like Like x 1
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,700 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    649ß
    Good mock, as valid as anyone, I think the key here is that you are looking to upgrade a few O positions, anyone that thinks the team is happy w/QB they are wrong, this is a team that wants a younger cheaper option to backup Cutler, and if Cutler doesn't work out they cannot afford to wait another 2-3 years to draft another one b/c they'll end up in the same place they were the last 2 years. It makes perfect since to draft a qb now and see how he develops.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +677 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Grizz, if our draft went down that way, I would be happy as a clam.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    I like the draft you have there.

There really is no risk taking a QB in the 6th round, but normally you will take a guy that has the right size and hope you can develop him. At 6-1 Murray is just on the edge of being too small and he does not have speed like some of the other smallish QBs.

Palmer has the size and he has been around Halas Hall enough to be the next Back-up.

I'm not saying that I would be furious if they took a QB in the sixth, I'm just thinking that a Fatty (large DT) could be had in the sixth and that might help the team more.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +445 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß

Logan Thomas is another, mid-late possibility. I think your right that we may take a later round guy and "just see" what happens for a year. If Tresty and Emery don't like what they see I expect a high round selection on qb in the near future. Keep in mind that Cutler's contract very well may only be a 3 year deal and his play will also effect this.
    • Like Like x 1