Grizz's Mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Mar 12, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,878ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    This year I'll be happy w/anyone in the draft, this draft is deep but not a ton of top end talent so imo there are no CLEAR takes at 14 unless someone falls. Anyone ranked 14-30 is worthy of that 14 pick, that's just how this draft is.

2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I'm thinking in terms of clear 1st round worthy prospects who have college production + measurables (not compromised either way), are good fits, and would be in a position to contribute immediately.

D & D are my two top "wants". That means Phil won't give ether of them a look LOL.

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,082ß

I'd be really pleased to see this guy drafted by the Bears if Trestman truly sees him as worth developing.

4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß

Only HB worth a thought at 51 is hill and Clyde. I understand the reserve but if you can fill a need with one of the two best players at 51 it's worth a look.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    So would I, hes climbing the "experts" big boards so i just hope he stays a possibility until the 5th. A team like SF that has a million picks may take him in the 4th. He clearly has the potential to be great, just has to go to the right coach and situation in order to be even successful.

6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,152ß
    He is a possibility with Tajh Boyd

7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,752ß
    That's actually one thing I don't like. I have wanted to go back and modify a post but could not. If you posted it, you should be able to edit it regardless of how much time passes. JMO

8. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Yeah I wish I could edit the thread title to show most recent updates because I don't like flooding the board with all my mocks. Also I like to keep them together so anyone interested can see all the conversations and how the mocks evolve.

9. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,140ß
    It looks more and more like you may be right on that Giant pick. I think they either go that way or with a big WR like Evans or Ebron the TE. Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett as a combo have a lot of teams looking for aircraft carriers now instead of 5'10" destroyers who run a 4.3 forty. Saw a mock that had it just as you posted only Dix was gone and instead of taking Dennard they had Emery salivating over Hageman and that becomes his pick. Hageman and Nix are the two DL I don't want to see him draft. Neither is a fit and one is an injury risk and the other is gonna need someone to teach him how to play.

Don't know much about the RB in two but I'll take your word for it. If he can run like Lacy he would be a very useful compliment to Forte now and maybe the #1 RB in another year or two. The only question surrounding him are some character issues and those may push him down into the later rounds or off some teams boards completely. His NFL Profile says he's had one arrest for sexual assault (no conviction mentioned) but he was also charged with assault in bar altercation and is on probation until July 2015. Mucho red flags on this guy.

There are some risks on all of the remaining DTs at this point and it's sounds like this kid is gonna need a lot of work before he'll have much of an impact. I'd be looking at Sutton as maybe more day one ready and that kid Reid from Princeton is an interesting 3 tech prospect too. I know Emery likes these SEC guys so once we get past Donald or Jernigan I guess I'll leave it up to them to decide who fit best. There are at least 3 or 4 who could fit down in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

I know they spoke with Smallwood at the Combine but beyond that I don't know much about him. I guess I'm more enamored of the Big Ten guys here. I have more confidence in Borland and Bullough and the competition they played against but that doesn't mean much. Somewhere around the 3r or 4th I think they should be looking for a MLB so Smallwood may fit too.

10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I'm still firmly on the "D wagon" in the first. Dix or Donald.

Like 'em both and one at minimum looks likely to be there at 14. Either would fit and fill a big need.