Guess who is 7th in the entire NFL in QB rating? (QB's with at least 70 pass attempts)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 12, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,655ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Josh McCown, 7th in the entire NFL, with a 103.2 rating. Who knew?

[​IMG]

LINK

2. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    888ß
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,508ß
    seems a bit of a stretch, most qb's have 70 pass attempts 2 games in, and therefore most starting qb's have had 70 pass attempts 6 games ago.

Again Trestman is showing that he can make ANY qb look significantly better, his entire career is taking guys and upping their games, and he's done it here w/both.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    294ß
    You gotta like his attitude and he is very humble. While I would like to have him back here again next year, it would not surprise me if some desperate team out there offered him an oppotunity to come be a starter while they groom a rookie.

If he plays well against the Ravens, people are going to start to take notice.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,508ß
    md, no one "grooms" rookie qb's anymore. They start them. Rodgers, Romo and Kaep are the only ones "groomed" to be starters, and I'm not sure Romo was actually ever expected to become a starter. McCown is playing out of his mind right now, thank god for the Bears, but his age and history will prevent him from becoming a starter somewhere.

Think of it this way, do you really want Josh starting for the Bears next year if they let Cutler walk and draft a new qb? You really want him as the guy week in week out as more and more teams get game film and are able to strategize against him and his inability to stretch the field? He's a more mobile Orton, and in Denver when KO finally got his shot he started 8-0, and couldn't get a winning record after that b/c teams figured out his weaknesses and he couldn't overcome them....btw Orton has a stronger arm then McCown also.

My best guess, and I won't like it, we FT Cutler(he won't sign a 3-4 year deal it's not in his interest) keep McCown and draft a 3-4 round qb just in case Cutler doesn't work out. I'd perfer to draft a qb in the 2nd-3rd groom them to start(b/c we have a legitimate qb wizard on our hands as HC) and keep McCown as backup(b/c the only time you want a vet backup is when you have a rookie qb). Then the next year draft another qb to back him up. 2 young qb's, ala Redskins, for Trestman to work on and groom...I'd be in heaven, and the cap room it creates would put the Bears in heaven.

6. JJ-30

JJ-30
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    I am one person that is 100% sure Cutler is the QB we need now and in the years to come, but if we can't get a LTD done this off season with Cutler we will need to draft a QB earily, where we draft him will come down to who we can get in FA to help the Defense. But drafting our next starter beyond the 4th round comes down to luck or a waste. Emery has a big job in getting the Defense back on track this off season we won't need to draft a QB but if we do so be it, its the NFL, top players come and go every year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mdbearz

mdbearz
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    294ß
    If McCown has a good showing against the Ravens other teams will take notice, and he will get work next year. I hope it is from the Bears, but there are teams like the Vikes, Browns and the Jags that would likely be very interested in finding a vet like McCown. Those teams took a chance on an inexperienced or rookie QB and it has not worked out well for them.

I doubt highly that Josh is coaching HS football next year, unless he gets injured, he will have a job somewhere, and I would not doubt if he gets a shot at starting. The Key is that he will have to play well against the Ravens.

8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,655ß
    I'm just grateful we have a decent backup this year in McCown. He's not a starter quality QB, and I don't expect him to be at that level. But for a backup, he's done pretty well. His best quality is that he seems to be smart about protecting the football. So many games are determined by turnovers. Half the battle is just not giving opponents the football - especially deep in your own territory.

I just posted this as a "bright spot" so we have something positive. In hindsight, I should have put it in Henry's "optimistic" thread. My bad.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mdbearz

mdbearz
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    294ß
    I'm not trying to imply that Josh is a Starting Caliber QB, because he is not. But if he manages to pull off a win against the Packers and the Ravens, and he has performed well in relief, there are some teams out there that have been burnt trying to force a rookie into the starting role that might over react and offer him an opportunity and a contract.

I'm saying that it would not surprise me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,245ß
    heck, I'm actually thinking that in the right system (like Trestman's) he IS starter quality. I'm not advocating to start him over Cutler (except when Cutler is injured -- like what should have happened last weekend), but if we didn't have Cutler, based on what McCown has done, I'd have no issue with him as our starter. I'd never even have thought that a few weeks ago, but I'm ok with it now if need be.

• Like Like x 1