GUT FEELINGS

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Nakoma1, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    WELL ,..... so far,.... I feel it's been All Vanilla on the offensive side of the ball ,. as I feel Trestman is holding his cards in close ,... which serves the element of surprise approach to the 2013 season rather well,..WHICH will give the Bears an upper hand so to speak

In seeing how the D & ST are playing thus far,... Personally I feel the Bears stand a darned good chance at matching last year's mark of 10 - 6,... can they do more??? well 11-5 isn't all that far out of reach now is it ? My dig on the 2013 season 11-5 what are yours ?
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    544ß
    I have a guy feeling there will be a major freakout by this board within the first three weeks of the season, all faith will be lost, people will be banned, and overreaction will be the culprit.
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +962 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    526ß
    You really have to try to get banned here. I think we give SEVERAL warnings, including personal contact to deescalate their attacks.

I do have a feeling no matter what happens, fans won't like what they see.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    There can be a riot, several hangings, police shootings of unarmed protesters, and many Trayvoning pics posted.
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    544ß
    Totally concur. I even felt bad for the mods after the NFC Championship loss to GB. While that day totally did suck, I think it was Loki telling a poster named "Mike Holmgren" he can't curse on here that provided the only highlight. Well, ole Mike said "I can say whatever the **** I want" and hasn't been heard from since, hahaha. Then there was that situation with the Dutch, if anyone remembers....
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,375 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    My gut feeling is that I'm encouraged by what I see with the team but I'm worried about opening day. We are playing a damn good team in Cincy with a killer DL and good overall defense. I expect our O (and OL especially) to struggle coming out of the gate with all the changes being pretty fresh. I hope Tresty has some good gameplan moves up his sleeve (roll outs, boots, quick hits) to help protect the OL and that Jay doesn't just sit in the pocket too long, get sacked repeatedly, and force bad throws/picks. I fully expect that some missed blocking assignments and even jailbreaks are gonna happen. It will probably be a rough start to the season scoring-wise.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but our D and STs are going to have to make some plays and keep it to a 17-14 type of game.
  7. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    My gut is telling me to drop a deuce.
  8. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    Is that a metaphor for this coming season?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    I think the Bears will surprise everyone this year in the new offense and don't think it'll suffer as much as many people think it will, the offense might start off slow but I believe it'll pick up steam as the weeks go on and offensive points will be scored every game (not just FG's).......I know it's still preseason but if the Bears stay relatively healthy this team can go 10-6 or 11-5 and contend for the NFC North division title and give the Pukers a run for their money (can't wait for that first Bears/Pukers game).
    • Like Like x 1
  10. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Nope. Just had to poop.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,213ß
    Thanks for sharing!
  12. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    AGREED,... AK too bad we don't play them until week 9 The Packer fans are calling for a sweep of the Bears again ,... aside from the usual Super Bowl Chants , ,..DONt see this happening I think it's going to be the other way around with regards to the rivalry and the season series
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    "Injuries" is to football what "location" is to real estate. When dealing in real estate, the old adage is "Location, location, location". In Football, it's "injuries, injuries, injuries", not just for us, but the teams we play. If Cutty goes down in week 1 for an extended period of time, the Bears have almost no chance of winning the North; but the same can be said of Rodgers. If Rodgers goes down for 8 weeks, the Packers are done as well. I think if all teams stay healthy, the Bears could match their 10-6 record from last year, BUT...NO ONE stays completely healthy through the year. Hell, if we run into opposing teams at the right time (like we did in 2010), we could end up 13-3 with a first round bye and get sent packing in the first round.
  14. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Deep down, I am a bit of pessimist and half empty kinda guy...I try and temper those negative tendencies as best I can (I think I succeed for most part), but if you're asking for a gut feeling, I expect a LOT of growing pains this season and for Cutler and the O to implode more then they shine...and given apparent impatience with Cutler by the fans, the media, maybe even the coaching staff/management, this could be one long ass, ugly season...my gut tells me Cutler isn't up the challenge or the pressure...overall, 9-7 and we miss the playoffs...

Of course, I hope my gut is freckin' stupid and wrong....
  15. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    WM up front I kinda concur ,... BASED off what I have seen ,.... although it remains to be seen,..IF a newer Cutler is going to emerge when the lights come

I do have sneaking suspicion Trestman's stuck on Vanilla as far as the passing game is going ,.. the run game is looking great
    If Trestman is stuck on Vanilla ,..It's working,.... as the many are scratching their heads
  16. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    I thought the Packers/Bears game was a bit earlier in the schedule but that's cool because the Bears are still gonna wreck shop.........But yea it will be entirely different this year and the Packers will have another thing coming, one of the pass plays the Packers would kill us with (other teams as well) is the slant pass but those days are gone and Bostic will have to something to say about that.
  17. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

4 Da ,.. Thats about the only way it seems an injury will hurt the Packers IF RODGERS goes down,... Something I don't wish or hope for on any opponent ,.. They have had injuries up the wazoo the last 3 years and look at what they have been doing ,..they win another Super bowl and well they choked twice while doing the " Lombardi LIMBO". I won't say I haven't admired them or envied them even,... because I have ,.... ANY FAN would want that for their team.

I hope theBears new front office and coaching staff approach injuries in the same way ,...from the looks of it , with whats happened in the past week Emery has been doing his wheeling and dealing.

I still hope they dump Webb . I think they're waiting to see what happens with Scott there .

The D and Special Teams are playing lights out and who's to say that Tucker doesn't have a few things up his sleeve with the "OLD D " which seesm to be working and having them playing like they are ,.. and then there's DiCamillis,...who sure seems to be picking up where Taub left off if not better

I hate this part of the pre-season ,... JUST TURNS THE LIGHTS ON ALREADY ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    GO BEARS
  18. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    dat's BOOMBostic to us AK ;)
  19. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    132ß
    im always positive, and im sure we can achieve great things with this team, probably this is our last season with this D, its gonna be hard after that... but I have a gut feeling that cutler will fold under this pressure. i sure hope he wont, but thats just in the guts... i guess i have been beat too much in the past, just like jay
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    If they follow trestman to hell and back, you will be ''the team'' for the next few years.
    • Like Like x 1