Guys please respond-I want your HONEST opinion

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +726 / 2 / -0
  2. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Well it does increase blood flow so whatever works ...........
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +726 / 2 / -0
    It does increase blood flow, but in doing so deprives the muscles of that blood flow, as it is being used elsewhere. Of course, maybe the strategy is to "pogo stick" down the field instead of run...
  4. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    hey! this is a family-friendly site! :3_2_101v[1]:
  5. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Sounds painful to me . Might be useful on windy days when someone has to hold the ball on kickoffs tho .
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +726 / 2 / -0
    Sorry... I won't EXPAND on this any LONGER

edit: damn.. I just lied. ok, NOW I mean it
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +726 / 2 / -0
    Or if a rookie has to carry a lot of donuts for the rest of the team. And in keeping with the family orientation, please refrain from the "creme filled" type comments.
  8. mdbearz

mdbearz

Ratings:
    +254 / 0 / -0
    We got out coached and out played at QB.

Even with Benson Hurt, they could not stop us running the ball. So we out smarted ourselves by going away from the run game (thus keeping Payton off the field).

Payton was smart enough to see that if we were going to continue to play a cover two that he was going to keep handing the ball off. I think we made very little attempt to disguise our Defensive set, and Manning knew exactly what to do.

We needed to play small ball right away after we started off so quickly, and keep the ball control game, but Rex was just like Jay, he did not take the check downs.

I honestly thing that we would have won with Orton, because he is the checkdown king, and we would have run the ball more.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. WearyBear

WearyBear

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it was Daniel Manning. The Bears were in cover 2 and I believe he jumped a short route leaving one of the deep zones uncovered. I believe Tillman let Reggie Wayne go thinking Daniel Manning was back there in cover 2. Leave it to Peyton Manning to catch the blown coverage.
  10. WearyBear

WearyBear

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yep. If I remember correctly Thomas Jones was having a pretty good game. So going to the pass just didn't make any sense. One the Colts defensive coaches made a statement to his defense to go after Rex because he thought that "Rex is scared."
  11. VJ18

VJ18

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Anyone who said Manning is utterly wrong. He was playing like garbage. The true reason we lost was due to the following

1. Kruetz and Grossman couldnt get the snap corrected
    2. Benson's fumble
    3. Lovie not wanting to change the scheme the second half when Rivera chewed him out for (which is why we didnt comeback)
    4. Blown cover assignments (secondary)
  12. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    Bearclaw, what do you mean by this: Lovie not wanting to change the scheme the second half when Rivera chewed him out for (which is why we didnt comeback)

Did Chico and Lovie get into some kind of heated argument at halftime of the Super Bowl or something?! That is the reason that Lovie didn't want River to return as his DC in 2007? Can someone please enlighten me on this point?

Also, who was MOST responsible for all of the fumbled snaps? I had always heard the blame placed at Grossman's doorstep, but it seems that many of you blame Kreutz. Was it Kreutz's fault?!!
  13. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,795 / 5 / -4
    A lot will say it was on Kreutz and that other qb's had that problem w/him, but if you notice both Orton and Grossman fumbled snaps behind other centers when they left; AND that Kreutz's problem seemed very minor when Griese and Orton were in there compared to the small hands of Turnoversaurus Rex.

As for Chico and Lovie, ya Chico wanted to run a far more agressive package and Lovie wanted run the Lovie Cover 2, it wasn't the only reason he was shown the door, Chico had been looking at a HC job for years, and the team "granted" him the right to go find one.
  14. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    Ricza, so did Lovie and Rivera get into a "Buddy/Ditka" sort of argument over the defense at Halftime of the Super Bowl?! Had you ever heard anything about that?
  15. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,795 / 5 / -4
    Buddy/Ditka got into it physically, and both had real firey attitudes, so I doubt anything like that happened. But Lovie and Chico had definate differences of opinions based on how the D should be run. To be fair the Colts were held to a pretty low score for them, and had a high turn over count, so Lovie's D wasn't an issue that game.
  16. VJ18

VJ18

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Yes they got into it big time, i remember watching a special on the bears and players said they both got into it which really pissed Rivera off. Its not a big surprise seeing how lovie NEVER has changed a gameplan or scheme at half time
  17. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    Wow, BearClaw, I had never actually heard that story. I guess that they both pretty much knew, right then and there, that Chico wouldn't be returning in 2007 as DC.
  18. 4dabers

4dabers

Ratings:
    +440 / 0 / -0
    The game was played in a freakin monsoon, so bad snaps are going to happen and an aggressive Defense is going to be slowed down. Don't get me wrong, both teams had to play through it and given the whole dynamic of the Colts being a Dome team, we should have had the advantage, but Manning was much more equipped to overcome than Rex was. Having said that, the Manning did not have one of his better games and its reasonable to conclude that the weather played a role in that, so if it had not been pouring that night, Manning may have ripped us even harder.

Ultimately, we had the better D and the better ST (see Devin Hester), they had the better O, and they had the better coaching. They won and they should have.

It may help you feel better if you consider what I have always said, if it weren't for Devin Hester we would not have even made it there, so thank you Devin for taking us as far as you could on your own.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    I am asking just out of curiosity...did the Colts have any fumbled snaps in that game? I don't honestly remember.
  20. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +726 / 2 / -0
    That's the most detailed account I have heard. All I knew is that they disagreed on defensive philosophy. I had liked Rivera's because he likes to attack. Well, maybe with Lovie gone, he'd come back. Assuming he doesn't stay on as HC. And of course if Trestman thinks Tucker needs to go elsewhere. Both need to happen, so probably longshot.