Hageman Darkhorse for Giants.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 18, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +758 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    744ß
    Good read, I think this sums up my worries with Donald pretty well also and why I keep raising questions on him.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/4/1...-new-york-giants-rashade-hageman-aaron-donald

Early on I liked Hageman and I got talked out of him, the more I read and see along with his combine numbers I am getting back on the wagon.. I believe he is a valid option at 14, and I like his upside. High motor guys around him like Allan and his comments about being knocked down I believe will make him better.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/4/1...-new-york-giants-rashade-hageman-aaron-donald
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +758 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    744ß
  3. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    I'm still a Hageman fan, and I hope the giants are too.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    I don't know man. I like the kid and he may end up being a real baller, but he sure has issues with his own identity. Throw lots of his own money (and not adopted Mom and Dads) and he could have some real problems. It sure sounds like he's using all that anger to his advantage, but if he has trouble switching it off after the games, he'll have problems.
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    Good read..More speculation I guess for now, we won't know where it falls till May 8th.
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,870 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,609ß
    I'd love to see the Giants take Hageman out of the equation. Donald is gonna have his detractors. With his size that's expected and all he really done so far is to prove all of them wrong in every way he possibly can. If someone take him ahead if the Bears then I'm getting accustomed to the idea that we may take Hageman and both a prospect and a project for Tucker and Pasqualoni to work on.
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    Yeah, Soul I have a sneaking suspicion that Hageman is Emery's "sleeper pick" who isn't one of the predicted choices (Donald, any of the DBs). He's the Kyle Long pick of the DL--athletic potential > production, high risk/reward. I don't like the pick because I think it's more of a "luxury" choice at 14 and that RH seems better suited to be a 3-4 DE IMO. I really hope the NYG fall in love with him at a Linvall Joseph replacement. I'd much rather have a player like Donald at 14 who's NFL ready.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    Yeah, the more I think about it the more Hageman at 14 is a possibility for us. I don't like it either, but he fits the Emery credentials of our first rounders. If he tries to be the smartest guy in the room again then I bet its him.
  9. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,870 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,609ß
    If Donald is gone you gotta figure based on need and fit Hageman kind of falls in line next but I do see the possibility of him jumping up to NY as a replacement for Linval Joseph or maybe they trade down with Dallas and take him at #16. Could happen knowing how JJ tends to target players.