Hageman Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Feb 17, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +628 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    515ß
  2. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    57ß
    I like this guy's productivity and motor. Easily a mid first round pick. Wouldn't mine a bit if we nabbed him.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,707 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    675ß
    BS, Nix will fall b/c of his inj before Hageman does.
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +628 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    515ß
    I agree, Nix will fall, do not see either there in 2nd rd when we pick though. Wootton reportedfly testing f/agency waters so..... We need Ealy or Hagemann unless we go 3-4 then we could still use Hageman as a DE and a FATTY in the middle
    • Like Like x 2
  5. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +282 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    If Both Nix and Hageman are there at 14, I would be hard pressed to pass on Nix.

However, Hageman could be utilized better in a Hybrid type Defense.
  6. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Agreed. Hageman's athleticism makes him flexible piece. I would love either but I just don't know how Nix would do in a 3-4 to be honest. He could be the next Wilfork or could be a solid upgrade over Paea, which I'm not in favor of spending a first round pick on.
  7. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,707 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    675ß
    Nix over Hagemen, even though Nix had knee surgery?
  8. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +282 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    We have been burnt on injured players a lot, but Nix has the abilty to be a Wilfork, or Ngata type player and those guys have a huge impact.

Hageman can play in more than one scheme, but he also does not have the ceiling that Nix has.

If both are there I still would go with Nix.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,707 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    675ß
    Don't know that I agree w/you MD, but your thought process is sound enough to not really debate.

I just worry about another C-Williams, or Tommie Harris or Carimi(ya he got hurt after but it's the same thing, they are never what they were).
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +282 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    e can't argue
    Sure can not argue with the injury bug really doing a number on us.

I might just be going on a hunch more than logic because I just have a feeling that this Nix kid is going to be a stud.

Plus his knee injury was not an ACL but a MCL so I think he might be ready come TC.

I just hope that whoever they pick in the first round can help our Defense.
  11. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,707 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    675ß
    I don't want just help at 14, I want legit no questions asked starter for the next 4 years minimum. It's why I would lean towards Jernigan if he's tere, or Ealy at DE before Hagemen or Nix, Mayock said that Hagemen's performance is everywhere from 1st round to mid ound which now kindof scares me.

I'd still much perfer Dix, Pryor or Robley or Dennard and then get a DT in he 2nd or 3rd along the lines of Anthony Donald. But that's all before FA happens.
  12. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +282 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    The nice thing about this year is that we felt like the team was improved dramatically on offense, and the defense was simply decimated by injuries, but we are picking at 14. Which is dramatically closer to top ten talent than the 20ish pick we have had the last few years. We will have a legit chance to get one of the top tier prospects. I just hope to be able to look back on the first pick and have the same feeling you are taking about, AND have the guy pan out for his entire rookie contract.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +297 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    I have the same feeling about Nix. But it all depends on how he is recovering/rehabbing from his torn meniscus surgery.

JABF99 had a great post on this in another thread ...

http://www.dabears.com/threads/dix-...s-first-round-pick-is….1818/page-2#post-37147

The more I read about it looks like it really depends on the exact nature of the injury and the surgery performed. If Nix is on course for a solid complete recovery he could be a real game changer on the DLine. In the link in JABF99's post they talk about how Nix chose to do the best option for an eventual full recovery but it will take the longest amount of time. I can't find any information on how his recovery is going. And I thought I read that he may not make the combines. If that s true, his draft stock will really take a hit.
  14. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    If Both Nix and Hageman are there at 14, I would still go with Hageman. Nix is coming back from knee surgery, and he has trouble controlling his weight. He is 330 pounds plus. Hageman would give the Bears more flexibility to play inside or outside something Nix will not be able to do. I believe Tuitt is even better fit than Nix, because he can play inside or outside, and is built something like Hageman. I really hope we trade down a few spots to pick up an extra third and still get a solid DL.
  15. dabears70

dabears70 Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    I'd take Jernigan or Donald over both.