Hard cast comes off Cutler

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,518 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    682ß
    We really are blessed to be in a position of having a BU like McCown playing. I don't stress Cutler being out. Hell, even though I want Cutler to start, I actually stress less when McCown starts than when Cutler starts. I never know if Cutty is going to win or give it away. With McCown, he is either going to have enough to win or not. So far, he has won every one. Hope he can do the same against the Rams.

Jay Cutler gets hard cast off ankle

Posted by Josh Alper on November 21, 2013, 7:15 AM EST
    [​IMG] Getty Images
    Bears quarterback Jay Cutler said earlier this week that he was wearing a hard cast on his sprained left ankle because there was fear of ligament damage that would keep him out for an even longer period of time.

Things seem to be progressing, though, because coach Marc Trestman said that Cutler, who has been ruled out of this week’s game, was out of the cast and wearing only a brace during Wednesday’s practice. Trestman said that doctors were happy with the stability in the ankle, allowing them to lessen the protection around the ankle but not allowing Trestman to make any predictions about Cutler returning in Week 13.

“I’m going to stay on a just week-to-week because I’ve stayed pretty consistent with [that],” Trestman said, via the Chicago Tribune. “I’m really not the doctor. They tell me it’s week-to-week. I try not to put myself in a position where I get overly optimistic about these things. I just take them as they come, so I look at it as being week-to-week right now, and we’ll see where he is on Monday.”

Josh McCown will start again for the Bears this week and he’s played well enough for the Bears to be comfortable being patient about Cutler’s recovery from an injury that looks to be headed in the right direction.
  2. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +608 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    207ß
    Agreed. You know, I was awfully worried about McCown as a backup this year, especially after his performance when he had to step in a year or two ago. T-Man sure did work wonders with him and Cutler. Imagine what Cutler could have already developed into if Lovie had hired T-man back when.
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,518 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    682ß
    I was too. I really thought we had gone dumpster digging when we signed him. I couldn't understand why we stuck with him. Really a great story.

Lovie was more into relationships than competence, IMO. It was his largest failing.
  4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +642 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    310ß
    I was always have been a fan of McCown people forget how good he played even for the incompetent Lovie Smith. Josh just doesn't get much respect while guys like Grossman who gets try after try and produce inconstantly bad lets also not forget captain check down. What makes Tman standout is his ability to judge people without the BS surrounding each individual player and seeing the qualities that are the most important in playing this game.