Hard to win if you give up 40 points & three picks.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 29, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,446 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    886ß
    The 40 points & three picks killed us.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +677 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    375ß
    I can't believe you can play that bad as QB and still have a crazy chance to get back in the game.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3 picks and a fumble returned for a TD.

I wouldn't get carried away either with Cutler's play during garbage time. You're just not going to win games when you turn the ball over 4xs and demoralize your defense with that many turnovers and 3 and outs. The game was over in that horrible 2nd quarter where the offense didn't do this defense any favors with its ineptness.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Kevin Davis

Kevin Davis Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The Bears is still a work in progress..
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,252 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    300ß
    That loss was 95% on Jay Cutler and a perfect example of why he gets scoffed at on ESPN. 4 turnovers. Held the ball way way too long at times (3 coverage sacks). He couldn't hit the side of an office building most of the game. 0-10 on 3rd down conversions.

His stat line will look way better than he actually played thanks to all that garbage he racked up after the game was already over and the outcome wasn't in doubt. BAD JAY STILL LIVES.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    902ß
    We have a lot of weapons, a lot of talent, good coaching (with the possible exception of Tucker), and a lot of pride. We don't go down easy (as opposed to some people I know). The thing is, we need to get it together or it will just be a big waste of talent. I trust Trestman will make it better. Whether Cutler is going to stick or not I think is going to be completely up to how he perfroms under pressure. He knows he had a bad game. The question now is, how do we play in the second game. Are we capable of making the necessary adjustments? Can Cutler get Suh out of his head? Right now, they have the tie-breaker. We have to win the second game.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,084 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,163ß
    Well if Tucker doesn't get it together, I wonder if Chico would be willing to come back next year after he's shit canned.
  8. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    902ß
    I loved his D. I'd go for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,446 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    886ß
    The QB play was an abortion today. Jay just fell apart. "Bad Rex" decided to make his Trestman debut.
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,446 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    886ß
    And lets not forget that the Green Bay Packers are still in this division. We're looking at another 3rd place year in the NFC-N if we have too many of these "Bad Jay" days. The defense has issues, but part of their issues are Cutler. He puts an extra load on the "D" trying to bail his butt out after being a turnover machine.

It's a kick in the groin for the team and the fans. "Bad Jay" makes me just as sick as "Bad Rex" did.
  11. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,084 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,163ß
    We now have to sweep Minny, split w/GB and Det to have a legit shot at winning. If Cutler turns the ball over 2-3 times against the Saints, good luck, Brees is going to tear this D apart, b/c the DL will not get to him either, regardless of how well they play.
  12. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    902ß
    no, our DL won't get to Brees and they won't get to Rogers. Both of them given time will carve us up.
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,446 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    886ß
    The heck of it was, that Jay had time to play a solid game. Yes, Detroit brought heat with their DL, but you could tell that Fairley and Suh were into Cutler's head from the beginning. He had a bad case of the "happy feet" when he had time to get passes to wide open receivers. He overthrew. He underthrew. He flat threw to the guys wearing the blue jerseys. He fumbled the ball.

That was 100% on Jay not having any semblance of a pocket presence.
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,446 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    886ß
    BIH, I believe that totally. I stood up for the DL through the first 3 games, but after this game I have to admit we have a poor DL. With no pressure on the QB, Rodgers and Brees will rip us up with surgical precision. They'll actually do more damage to us than Detroit did today.

Man, we need a QB. Cutler is good, but not good enough. We'll always have to fear "Bad Jay" just like we had to fear "Bad Rex"......you never know when the bad QB is going to show up and lose a game for us. Jay has exceptional physical attributes for a QB, just like J'Marcus Webb had as a OL. I believe (with all my heart) that Jay Cutler has a "head problem" where he gets overwhelmed in games and completely falls apart.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,252 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    300ß
    I don't know what this guy's problem is. Sometimes it looks like he has mental meltdowns out there and completely loses his composure. Not just for one bad play or one bad series, but the whole damn day. He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat today. And 3 of the 4 turnovers were 100% on him (with the 4th partially on him). He actually had decent protection but still regressed into those bad habits he is supposed to have defeated by now (you know, throwing off his back foot, launching floaters, sitting in a collapsing pocket sucking his thumb like a little girl). I'm so sick of him absolutely crapping the bed and tossing his lunch like this. 6 INTs and 2 SACK-FUMBLES FOR TDs already this year...wtf?

Stafford wasn't sharp or "on" either but he didn't curl up into the fetal position and fall to pieces like Cutler did. I know it's easy to overreact to one bad day (of course, we have also seen this show before too man times) but Emery has to be thinking seriously about a post-Cutler plan for next season right now.
  16. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    902ß

The thing JABF is that our line is not all that different than it was before. Melton is out. That hurts. Should it make this much difference? I'm putting Tucker on the hot seat also.
  17. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,446 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    886ß
    I completely agree. The "smart people" at Halas Hall are supposed to be figuring it all out. I do believe the loss of Melton is a bigger deal than most folks realize. Some seem to believe you lose a young Pro Bowl player and it's just next man up - and everything will be rosy. Football doesn't work that way. Losing a young stud is a big deal. I laughed to myself when I read some of the posts this past week that talked like Collins = Pro Bowl Melton. That is laughable.

Our DL woes were present before Melton was lost for the season. So, folks shouldn't be surprised when the DL is still broken when we lose one of the two Pro Bowl players who anchors that DL?
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  18. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'd be okay with it.
  19. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The Bears didn't lose today because of the DL. Watch that 2nd quarter all over again and you'll see an offense fold and just put the Bears defense to the wall. You can not just expect your defense to bail your inconsistent offense game in and game out. They're going to have bad games. When is the Bears offense going to actually have a good game and take pressure off the defense? This is what pisses me off the most about most Bears fan. They love to come down hard on this defense...yet for how many years have we seen them constantly bail out a shit offense? I'm sorry but its time for Cutler and this offense to start helping this defense out or let that turd walk. Do not WASTE cap space on a QB who needs a perfect roster to actually win games like this one.

We know what good QBs look like in this league. Let's stop making Cutler to be what he isn't.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,084 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,163ß
    Yep, this O again struggles to score 20 points w/out the D turning the ball over for them and the St's giving them good field position. Same was for Det, their O minus turn overs and a big st return only scored 24 points out of 40. How are people talking right now if Cutler only throws 1 TD but has no Turn Overs and it's 24-24 w/the OT being a coin flip? Is anyone complaining about either?

Neither team was able to convert on 3rd down; both teams struggled to pressure the qb, both teams gave up huge run plays, both D's turned the ball over, the difference in this game was Cutler couldn't convert on 3rd down at all, and personally accounted for 4 turn overs, 1 directly led to a TD, and the others I think lead to another 10 points. Our D turned the ball over and I think it led to 6 points.

Did the D play great, no, but no worse then it has all year, and I would dare say that if Cutler isn't a f'n turnstyle w/the ball that people would be complaining a lot less about them.