Hard to win if you give up 40 points & three picks.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    That's another excellent point Ric. STs was simply terrible. Podlesh's punts were short all day long. DET worked with a short field all day long. This isn't the '85 Bears D. You can't put your D in that kind of a hole all day.
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,620 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    I think that is a problem Podlesh has had for awhile, but it's been masked by good starting field position by Hester and an O that could at least get to the 50. The team struggled to even do that. This isn't even the 2012 D, and the O cannot afford to have 0 3rd down conversions and a butt load of 3 and outs. This D is going to struggle to keep the team winning if the O isn't doing their part; and that's going to expose the ST's.
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,049 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,774ß
    All three phases crapped out at times today - offense, defense AND special teams play. It will be interesting to see what gets fixed, and what can't be fixed, as the season progresses.

1. The offense can be better, if Jay just protects the ball, making better decisions.

2. The DL is probably going to be weak all season long.

3. Because of the DL woes, the entire defense will struggle. Good offenses will be tough on us.

4. I don't know what can be done with the ST's units.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,480 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    509ß
    If just #1 occurred--which happens to be the very set of issues Jay has been put on notice for--we probably still would have won today despite the other stuff. Bad QB play is a killer. Jay handed them 10 points minimum on dumb turnovers and cost us another 10 by blowing drives and missing throws he must make.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    608ß
    That was horrible. We've seen it before, and I thought it would happen again this year too. The real deal, once you get over the loss, is to see what Trestman does in reaction.

Thus far, this entire year has been a display of how he can/will adjust in games. As bad as this game was, and it was bad, we were able to come back and make the score look much better than it should have. The previous three games all showed adjustments. So the real deal, again, is now what.

I'm pretty disappointed, but that only leads me to this moment of inquiry. Much as the Lovie lead Bears would have had me ready to say "see, here we go again", the Trestman lead Bears fan in me is almost excited to see what the adjustment is going to be. Sure I slant optimist, but I would hope that everyone should recognize that this is the first test of the team's character. Ultimately, we needed this moment sooner or later. In some ways having it come in week 4 has to be viewed as a blessing.

We still have time to course correct as a team & we have the great fortune to have won 3 games already.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    608ß

I think Suh was/is in his head. Hate it, but believe it.
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,049 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,774ß
    +1

I felt the game was SO winable today. This was a game we could have won, against a really good division opponent. Cutler gave the game away. Just gift wrapped it and left it at Ford Field.
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,620 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    Thats a 20 point swing right there MP, and really I think it was more like 13-17 points off turn overs, but I didn't see the stat but once; I think the Bears only got 6 off their TO's. 40-10=30, at the time 16+10=26 going into the 4th qtr, that's a hugely winnable game.