Henry was right

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Nov 10, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    I will admit, he was right and all of us were wrong. I was wrong for the same reasons all of you guys were wrong. I was soooo desperate to believe that my better judgment was clouded. I WANTED, nay NEEDED to believe that Cutler was going to evolve elite or "damn near elite" NFL QB sooooo badly, that I ignored all of the warning signs which suggested otherwise. After that pass near the end of the first half, I realize I was wrong. His entire, overhyped, "Brett Favre wannabe" sorry career was encapsulated in that one pass. EVEN on a day when he is playing well and seems to be in a rhythm he remains MORE than capable, at any second, of going "full jerkwad" and tossing an inexcusable INT. In a MUST WIN divisional game, at home, you HAVE TO COME AWAY WITH POINTS on that possession heading into the half. NO EXCUSES. He is not a rookie...nor is he a 2nd or 3rd year player. At this point in his career he is what he is, and that will never change. So far this season: 13 TDs, 8 INTs. Sorry folks, but that ain't good enough for an 80-100 million $$$$$ payday. No way, no how. Phil, I know you read this board....DO NOT PAY CUTLER in the offseason. Cut bait. Time to rebuild with a young QB. Trestman turned McCown into an All-Pro. Let him draft a rookie he REALLY believes in, and then coach him up. He is the QB Whisperer. I have faith in Marc; I no longer have faith in Jay. The Denver fans were right about him all along; we just didn't want to accept it.
  2. e-town beardown

e-town beardown Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    That pick was not on Jay. Great play by the defender. It happens sometimes. He made the right throw on a solid play call and Suh made a good tip and levy made a good pick. If you don't believe in cutler anymore that's fine, and you have an argument, but it shouldn't be because of that play.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  3. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    102ß
    Why the hell is he still playing??? and WTH is with the Refs? wow I am getting real frustrated....even worse that I have to watch this game streamed because Da Bears are not important to the Toronto area viewers!!!!! GODDAMN I AM PISSED!!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    157ß
    marc turned his back on mccown, very bad decision for all
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,588 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,785ß
    In the RZ, you throw to a wide open guy or throw it away in a tight must win game. Yet another RZ int for Cutler, who seems to have tons of them. 3 games this year he's not thrown an int, and in 1 of those he fumbled, that's 2 games w/no turn overs this year. Same amount as McCown, his backup. Is Cutler a better qb then McCown, clearly no question, but he's to overconfident when he doesn't need to be, he's not smart enough to be relied upon to win a must win game.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    ricza, Cutler is a better passwer (arm strength, accuracy, etc) than McNown, but he is proving that he is NOT the better QB. Give me the intelligent, disciplined, focused QB who TAKES CARE OF THE BALL over Cutler ANY DAY!!!!!! It's not like McNown isn't good enough to lead this team into the end zone...he has done that REPEATEDLY when given the opportunity.

Cutler is in his 8th freakin' year in the league and is 30 years old. IF the red zone brain farts haven't stopped now (which they obviously have NOT), they ain't ever gonna. Jay is who he is: a slightly above average, maddeningly inconsistent QB with a career rating of 84.6. In other words, he is NOT worth 70+Million dollars. We can do better. Hell, we MUST do better if we ever want to win another Super Bowl.
  7. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +400 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    540ß
  8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,692 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,054ß
    McCown is pretty accurate as well.

The difference between McCown and Cutler is that Josh runs the offense Trestman calls up, whereas Jay calls the plays, but tries to get as many yards as possible, throwing it deep. It works because he has the arm to do it and two very big WRs. However, Josh is more patient, and sticks with the play design as Trestman intended it to be, which is why he has fewer mistakes. IF the defense busts the play, josh smartly throws the ball away, whereas Jay tries to keep searching deep for Marshall or AJ, leading to sacks or INTs.

Josh is acting more like a Rookie QB, basically absorbing whatever Trestman has to offer, and running the offense as designed. However, Josh is 34 years old, so we really should draft a young QB for Trestman to shape and mold to run this offense of his.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    this INT wasn't really on Cutler...

I haven't liked that he started the game and I thought he would leave the field sooner, like 2nd half of the game. He clearly wasn't ready and if we would have started Wallace like the Pacers did, I'd say go with Jay. Josh was good enough vs the Packers and he earned some trust there.
  10. matsellah

matsellah Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 7 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Wait. Did you actually say McCown was all-pro? And we're suppose to take the rest of the post seriously?
  11. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,660ß
    You mean he's not?! You guys gotta tell me this stuff BEFORE I go and tell all my friends.
  12. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,474 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    506ß
    It's the subtleties of being a great QB which Jay is not. You don't give the defense a chance to make a "good play" on you by throwing that ball over the middle in a tight bunch (he did the exact same thing vs New Orleans with the same excuses being made). Was is it a good play be the defense? Sure. Was it ALSO a poor decision to even attempt it by Jay? YES.

You simply can't turn the ball over there and come away with zero points. It's a momentum killer and a psychological downer. You just can't do it. If it ain't there, throw it away and take the FG. Some risks aren't worth the danger and Cutler hasn't learned that.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1