Highly respected Scouting site has an interesting Mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 4dabers, Apr 30, 2014.

1. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +930 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    248ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I don't know how many are familiar with this scouting site/service, but Ourlads is a pretty well respected site and their Chief scout contributor, Dan Shonka is also well regarded and has been interviewed several times on NFL network. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Dan is interviewed once or twice during the draft broadcast.

I find their latest mock to be VERY interesting, not only regarding the Bears selections, but also many of the others and the positions they think some of these guys will go in.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/

Now, let's face it, those of us that have been watching the draft for many years understand that the draft is a crap shoot; we understand that many on-line mocks are the products of wannabe scouts, but we also know that with a few exceptions (someone always drops and there is always a run on various positions), the top talent is the top talent and the needs of the various teams. So with that said, there are some very interesting names in this 2 round mock, especially given where those names are.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,679 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,574ß
    It is a very good scouting site

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Very interesting. They have us selecting Tuitt even with Dix, Donald and Pryor available. Then they have us using the second on a RB. So with the first two picks they think we are going DE, RB. hmmmm

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,155 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,520ß
    You know the amount of shit fits thrown if the 1st goes like that. I can see it though, big fast athletic guy that plays multiple positions, sounds exactly like a Emery pick.
    2nd round would throw me for a loop, I just cannot see going that way when what's left on the board is left on the board to go there, that is beyond a luxury pick at that point w/those 2 guys still there.

There isn't enough valium in the US to cure the lugubrious nature that would be this, and many other, Bears boards if the 1st 2 rounds went this way.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +930 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    248ß
    Not only that, but Deone Bucannon picked at 13 ahead of Pryor and Clinton-Dix. There are several other real head scratchers. We could see a lot of surprises this year. If so, I just wonder if part of the problem is the volume of draft sites that just copy each other rather than provide real independent opinions.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    I can possibly see Tuitt. But he is coming off an injury and with the other guys still on the board Emery would have to have him pretty damn high on his list. I agree... the RB in round two just seems stupid when you have a secondary that needs help yesterday. IDK. I never say it couldn't happen because every time I think something just can't go a certain way, it does. I'll just say that it would surprise me.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,155 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,520ß
    4d, that and many of them are just rehasing the same recycled previous drafts they've done before w/out really looking at how the teams are changing their opinions.

I agree BiH, I mean a foot inj doesn't bother me like a knee would, but think about how many have said Hagemen is a "emery pick" well Tuitt falls into that same category.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +930 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    248ß
    Hey, I'm just happy that I learned a new vocab term. Lugubrious! Nicely done ric, nicely done!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    yeah... saw that too. IDK. Again, these are just ones man's thoughts. Regardless of how well that man knows football, he is not Emery and all of the previous 13 guessas as to who is off the board are not going to be right. I just look at these mocks as entertainment value. I put no stock in them at all.

10. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    You are right. That involves work and quite frankly, they are not paid to put in that kind of time. They are paid to write.