Highly respected Scouting site has an interesting Mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 4dabers, Apr 30, 2014.

1. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    690ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Well done ric. Thats a lot of work right there. Thanks for sharing.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,122ß
    np, if I can ever figure out how to throw an excel file that looks nice in here I'll show the #'s in a prettier more effecient way.

to boil it down, I think you want to look at is Rush attempts of 300-350+ or combined rush and rec of 350-400+, over the course of 3-4 consecutive seasons, when you combine rush/rec's for Forte he's only had 2 years over 350, and only 1 year of 300+ so even when you add his stuff together his career is still 50% under 300 touches, which is again crazy low #'s for a featured rb.

3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß

Thought I was alone in this thought BIM. I have beat the drum for a quality RB for a while now, but most don't view it as a need. Ford is what he is, an UDFA who is unlikely to be a guy to take over the RB1 role without a huge dropoff. Also, without a quality number 2 Forte will prolly get the crap kicked out of him again this year in terms of carries and hits he takes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. butka

butka
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    I think a quality RB is something that's a need, but not in round 2. I think these guys can be found in the mid-to-latter rounds nowadays.

5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Depends who is there in the 2nd. If Hyde or Hill (the two best RBs) are on the board at 51 that should draw a ton of thought and comparison to who else is there. Could be enormous value, 5 years ago these guys wouldn't make it out of the first round.

6. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,896ß
    I am sort of interested in what the Browns will do in this draft. They say the Browns will draft an OT at #4 and Maziel at #26. It should be the reverse. I don't know what the Browns will do, but I'd bet the farm they won't do what these guys predict.

7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that Emery wants a safety as early as possible, and thinks that he'll be able to get one with all of the offensive talent in the draft. Maybe he still gets a DT if one is there, but Donald is increasingly predicted to go earlier than #14.

8. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,122ß
    I've seen mocks where teams are jumping ahead of Chicago, into the ten range to get Donald, so ya I just don't see him getting drafted by Chicago.

9. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    Call me crazy but I highly doubt Manziel will get out of the top 10. Yes, he's a "high risk/reward" type pick rather than a "safe" one like Luck and even RG3 were a few years ago. He's also a phenom who's exciting to fans and that fact will push his draft position higher than maybe is justified by the pure football analysis of it. In other words, I can see a down and out franchise like Jacksonville, Oakland, or even Cleveland drafting him early because A) they hope the reward will pan out a la Russell Wilson AND B) they know it will inject excitement into the fan base and put butts in the seats.

Those first two I mentioned are in deep trouble. Jax can't sell out their stadium and the team is constantly the subject of move-rumors. Oakland needs a new facility and they too are frequently mentioned as a team that may relocate to LA once the physical structure is in place. I can see those two owners being tempted to draft Manziel to invigorate their fan base and give them negotiating leverage in whatever plans they have.

10. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    That's my impression too. Donald would easily be a top-10 pick guaranteed if he were 10-15 lbs heavier and therefore a little more versatile. St. Louis is gonna field offers for that 13th pick so I wouldn't be surprised at all for someone to move up to get ahead of us if he's still there. And he might not even make it that far.