Hixon tears ACL

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by beardownzona, May 27, 2014.

1. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    167ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That's such a shame. At least Emery didn't rest on his laurels at the WR position, we've got others. Less competition is never fun but at least there's still healthy competition. I'd love for Tolliver to show something and I'm hoping Chris Williams earns that kick returning spot and brings us some magic back there. It's going to be hard to adjust to not expecting 3 TD's or more a year. I guess that isn't the norm?

Glad Hixon got to leave with some rings and honestly that comment about us going to the Super Bowl wasn't required.. so I'm hoping he sees something real in this squad. He's been there and won it a couple times so he knows what a team looks like when they've got the stuff. Let's hope he's right.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    103ß
    Very classy exit from Hixon and I wish him the best!

• Like Like x 3
  3. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,707 / 2 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,659ß
    Damn, our primary kick returner is gone, which means Weems is more likely to come back. :4 2 204v[1]:

4. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    86ß
    Last I heard Chris Williams was going to get first crack and kicks and punts.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    167ß
    Even before the injury I would have put my money on Chris Williams winning the return duties.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +916 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    221ß
    Too bad. Regardless of how it effects the team, I always feel bad for a guy that has to leave the game due to injury. At least he was fortunate enough to taste success, unlike so many others. I still feel terrible for Johnny Knox, but that poor kid is just lucky to be alive.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    167ß
    I'll never forget seeing that Knox injury. I was about to leave the room when the play happened, wow. So painful to watch. One of those plays where you can't help but involuntarily cringe when it happens.

8. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +916 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    221ß
    You and me both bruh. I was fine until we kept seeing the replays, then I literally starting getting sick to my stomach. I honestly feared for the young mans life and assumed he would have serious internal injuries. So while I feel sorry for Hixon and those like him, at least he had a good run and has his rings.

9. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    I believe things happen for a reason. I'm sorry to see Hixon lost so soon with a possible career threatening injury. The timing is bad for him, but good for the bears. I would rather see him go down now than during the 6-8 game. Now someone else will now have a chance to replace him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,258 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,046ß
    Sorry to hear it as well, Hixon was a new Bear but a Bear nonetheless. Luckily we have Marshall for veteran leadership but Hixon could have helped with pointers to many of our younger receivers. Wish him well and a successful recovery.