Honeymoon's over for Trestman, just like these other coaches.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 13, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,025 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,401ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    FWIW.

[​IMG]

2. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Good read.

3. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,989 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,476ß
    Journalists are so desperate for views these days. Quite sad, really. "Oh noes, a rookie HC had a gaffe halfway through his first season. fuck it, honeymoon's over."

• Like Like x 3
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,058 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,315ß
    worst article ever

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,730 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    786ß
    I was as critical of Trestman's decisions in the Detroit game as anyone, but we are a long long way away from MT exhausting his "honeymoon capital" IMHO. He finally has brought Chicago a big boy NFL offense which most of us have never seen here before. And (see: McCown, Josh) he lent a great deal of credence to his supposed rep as a "QB whisperer".

He did screw up this past weekend (on more than just sticking with a hurt/ineffective starting QB too long) but I still LOVE the guy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,989 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,476ß
    And if his huge "gaffe" means we only lose by two measly points, ill take it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,764 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    875ß
    5-4 with a rookie HC, whose team is decimated by injuries, to include his starting QB, and the honeymoon's over? I assume this means the Bears know this marriage is gonna last?

• Like Like x 1
  8. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    740ß
    The honeymoon's over for Q??? That's the best he's got???? Stupid, dumb and not worth the paper he wrote it on. Amateur.

P.S. I know. He wrote it on the internet, not paper. But that's my point.

9. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +390 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    186ß
    Trestman made a couple of calls that did not work out, but it does not mean that he did not stand behind them, or that they were even wrong.

Like Cutler is the best QB we have had in decades, the same can be said about Trestman. I still have my "Man Crush" .

10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,764 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    875ß
    I think a bigger problem than Trestman's gutsy playcalling is the response in the media and by fans to his admission of keeping Cutler in too long, as signs of a "structural weakness" of his coaching. Granted, that's not been made explicit at this point, I think anyone with a double digit IQ (or higher....hopefully much higher) should be able to see that episode as being fodder for the inevitable unfair assessments made by those in the media, once our season is over and there's nothing else for the 2nd largest football media market to complain about. I've been one of his harshest critics on this board, but that's because of a few tough decisions he's made along the way. His offensive scheme, when the QB follows it, is simple and makes the best of the strengths of the offense. Honestly, the most annoying thing related to Trestman is that Bears fans think because of all the injuries this defense has suffered along the way, that somehow firing a DC that's been forced to make major changes to the gameplan repeatedly, will somehow "fix things". We honestly don't know how good or bad of a coach Tucker is, and this "Rod Marinelli/Lovie Smith" talk needs to die.