Honeymoon's over for Trestman, just like these other coaches.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 13, 2013.

1. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    66ß
    Then you don't remember we were wasting downs throwing LOS routes and screen plays against those teams (by design) all day instead of actually pushing it down the field with Cutler (he did it early each time and abandoned it until it was too late). Seriously, there's a difference between just throwing the ball and stretching the field, and far too often, Marc eschews the latter for the former with some combination of the same four runs plays in his playbook.

Yet, the conditions were hardly slowing the weak-armed McCown from making all his passes at any point, and their D certainly wasn't making any stops.
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,618 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    680ß
    1) You do realize that there will be a lot of short passes in a west coast system, right?

2) I assume you're ONLY talking about the second Lions game, because, if I recall correctly, The Saints game was Cutler's highest yards per pass attempted (10.85), most passing yards (358) and highest completion percentage for any game this season, so there is absolutely NO way you can be talking about the Saints game.

3) Since you're talking about the Lions game, Jay was injured in the second half against the Lions, and the training staff told Trestman he wasn't going to "further aggravate" his ankle, which is *shock* right around the time that he started playing more conservatively. It's almost as if Trestman's conservative play calling with passes coincided with Cutler's injury, like the two were somehow related.....Funny thing is, though, that Cutler was still able to make a few deep passes throughout the game. So, in regards to your deconstruction of his playcalling, I must retort that you are completely wrong about Trestman's conservative playcalling. Go ahead, click the Lions Bears link, as it goes play by play, but if you trust me with the stats:

Jay Cutler's stats by quarter:

6/9 77 yards 1 TD, 12.83 YPC
    6/9 77 yards 1 INT, 12.83 YPC
    4/13 78 yards 19.5 YPC
    5/10 24 yards 4.8 YPC

Even with an obvious dip in production in the second half, Trestman's offense with Jay in that game still managed 12.19 yards per completion. Seeing how the Eagles have the highest YPC in the league with 13.7, I guess that would mean the second Lions game was ALSO an aggressively called one. In fact, Jay Cutler's YPC this season is 11.42, which, if he played every down this season, would have the Bears as the 9th most aggressive passing league in the team, strictly going by yards per completion. =
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,638 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,839ß
    Is the honeymoon back on? Big win, ya a few questions here or there about the TO's in the last few min's of the game, and questions regarding how the team was prep'd to start, but Trestman b/c of a 2 hr delay got his team back on track to come back and win.
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,279 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,691ß
    That is a good point Ric. With the 16 infractions, I would not say well prepared, but I would say extremely well motivated. My understanding from all the articles I have read was that he kept them loose and inspired during the time off. He really did a good job there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,638 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,839ß
    valid BiH, but some said that the T was moving, and was only called 1x but even though they saw in in pregame tape it was still hard to stop from moving when the T was moving like he was. Balt was getting a lot of friendly flags for some reason.
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,480 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    510ß
    Loathe to complain about the refs cuz it always sounds like whining, but yeah the officiating didn't seem very even-handed to me. There were plenty of Baltimore false starts and OL holds that weren't called even though they were obvious from the 3rd deck. Bears committed penalties no doubt (though the Peppers call was totally lame) that were called but Baltimore did too and many of them weren't.