Honeymoon's over for Trestman, just like these other coaches.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    sox - good summary statement. I don't think he is the kind of guy that is trying to outsmart the world. This is just my speculation but it almost seems like being the cerebral guy that he is, he is playing chess all the time and seems to place a high value on making moves that the opponent will not expect. While there is some value in that, many times the opponent does not expect those moves because they do not make as much sense as other possible moves.

Just my .02

2. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

There's a reason why always throwing the ball from the goal line doesn't make much sense to the opposition - because it's dumb football.

3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

Yes there is. You said "what if" doesn't matter, in relation to Bowman making that horsecollar penalty, which would negate Trestman's lack of calling timeouts at the end of regulation. Then you say "well, Robbie could've missed the FG", which clearly falls into "what if" territory. THEN you criticize him for making the right call on 3rd and 7, saying he should've gone for it, because Gould could've "missed the field goal". I'm not reaching to connect the dots here.

Okay, if you're going to judge him on the basis of "what if", yet you say "HE WAS IN THAT POSITION. Talk about playing the giant what if game. What if he doesn't run the same four runs all game with Forte and realizes that they couldn't stop us when we pushed the ball down field?", then you have a very obvious flaw in your logic.

I'm not being a jerk here, but care to explain how we could've "taken off and ran away" with this game? IIRC, The Ravens had 10 points on us early in the game.

That's cool you think that, but his in game management is PART OF HIS SCHEME.

4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

horrible run blocking MUST be taken into consideration here.

5. strockrocks

strockrocks
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

We have 3 receivers 6'3 and taller. I don't know, I like the chances of one of them catching a TD. Didn't work out that way today, but I'd take advantage of the height in the future.

And in all honesty, who gives a shit about anything the day of a hard fought, crappy conditions, windy-ass, 5 hour game that we came out on top. Fricking celebrate people. We are right back in this thing. I heard the locker room was FIRED UP and so should everyone be today. There are only 16 games; enjoy the ones they win. You can start picking apart every negative thing about each player and the coaches tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  6. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

Again, you fail to understand what contradiction is and the whole idea behind points of argument. Can't help you there. You are also still failing to grasp the entire point behind my criticism and argument being of the "what if/percentages" variety.

Pretty simple. We tied it back up quickly by going right at the through the air, which they failed to stop, along with fortuitous plays on D. The Ravens failed to stop us from stretching the field all day, yet half of our possessions were "shrink back/set up" play calls. That's the exact mentality that kept us from taking over EASILY winnable games against the Saints and Lions.

And that's truly unfortunate, because it's kept a couple big Ws off the board while doing little more than keeping wins closer than they need to be.

7. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

Wasn't it funny when we managed to take two of them off the field last week for one of the biggest plays of our season? Well, not so much funny as it is terrible.

8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

No, I fail to understand your reasoning, because you CLEARLY only hold to arguments, as they suit your point.

So, you're saying we should've kept throwing the ball against the Ravens, and that line of reasoning is what lost us against the Saints and Lions. You do realize that throwing the ball so much helped the Saints and Lions out, right?

9. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

False.

No I don't, because that simply is not true. Failing to continue stretching the field through the air helped the opponents out. Shrinking back into screens, draws and flats half of those games, even though neither (nor the Ravens) could stop us when we decided to push the ball downfield, kept the opponents in the game. To steal a line from Dennis Green, we let them off the hook.

10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

Then you don't remember that we were throwing the ball repeatedly against those teams. Nor do you realize that the weather conditions at Soldier field today, made passing a difficult thing to do, so SOME running was required. McCown is our backup and not our starter for a REASON. Trestman's will HAVE to be forced to make more conservative play calls with a weaker armed QB on the field. And ya know what? He's underrated, considering he has 2 different offensive schemes running this year, one for each QB.