How is this Bears team compared to your offseason expectations?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Sep 23, 2013.

?

How is this team against your expectations before the season?

1. Wildly exceeding my expectations, never thought we would start 3-0

26.3%
  2. Generally exceeding my expectations, figured we had a shot to win the Division

44.7%
  3. Pretty much what I expected, knew they could improve on their 10-6 record

21.1%
  4. Expected better than what I've seen, they are still too sloppy in some areas

7.9%
  1. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,335 / 8 / -0
  2. GBlaze23

GBlaze23

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I voted generally exceeding my expectations. The team has a chance to be something special this year if they can put everything together in games that count down the road. Sure there are some weaknesses, but for after 3 weeks with a new coach, its looking pretty good.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ticat

ticat

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    The minute I heard trestman was hired , I knew something special was going to happen in chicago.
  4. BearsWin

BearsWin

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I agree on generally better. I knew the offense had new pieces, I didn't expect them to gell so quickly. The improvement in Offense is enought to offset the Defense, which is a little worse than expected, mainly due to the DLine not living up to expectations.
  5. shark86x

shark86x SuperFan

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    generally better. I expected issues on offense, especially the o-line, but they are doing well.
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    After Emery's hire of Trestman and this years draft things I was feeling pretty good. Things at that point actually started looking like we actually had a sense of direction occurring with this team we never saw before. Execution of the Emery's plan has been spot on and the results are showing when things are done the right way.
  7. BorisBear

BorisBear

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't have said it better myself. There is a lot of work left to do but it is a process and we'll see how it all turns out.:D
  8. A-11

A-11

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    Jimmors, there is too much drama in that poll.

I voted "wildly" exceeding my expectation over "Generally" speaking I thought we had a shot to win our division. Three games in is too soon to get wildly carried away. The Bears with a new staff have been doing much better than I expected. Honestly thought that we would have been lucky to walk away at the end of the year 10-6. Now, I'm greedy. I think with this start we should do better, I'm already thinking about the playoffs *gasp.*
  9. dachuckster

dachuckster SuperFan

Ratings:
    +160 / 0 / -0
    I voted "wildly" as well. My original expectations was that we would have more turnover of personnel and a slower learning curve on offense. I didn't have a specific record in mind but I would have been happy with anything better than 8-8.

Now I am thinking that we should easily match the 10-6 record from last year and am hoping for 11-5 or 12-4. I agree with A-11 about three games being too soon to really get carried away.

But I have been sipping the Bear Kool-Aid and it tastes pretty freakin' good!!
  10. JPosh2012

JPosh2012

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    They are exceeding my expectations especially with the O-Line. Just think we thought that we'd have Bushrod-Slauson-Garza-Long-Webb but yet Mills has surprised us so far in a good way.
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,514 / 0 / -0
    1. The team has generally exceeded my expectations, as far as their progress so far adjusting to new coaches, players & new schemes, plays (and rookies starting). They basically gutted a large part of this team in the off-season. And the team has responded pretty well so far. The team still has a long ways to go though. And it is a HUGE work in progress at this point. But I'm really pleased with the progress so far.

2. The team has wildly exceeded my expectations, as far as their record at this point. I really thought we'd start with some losses, and certainly didn't think we'd be unbeaten after 3 games. And being 2 games ahead of Green Bay seemed impossible.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. motownbear

motownbear derp daderp daderpidity derp Staff Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    idk none of the options covers how I feel

the oline is exceeding my expectations
    the dline is way off my expectations
    the defense is getting gashed but making opportune turnover....is that good/bad/?? idk

So maybe Im just waiting to see whats up before I evaluate. Its 3 games dude.

I can say Im pretty geeked starting out 3-0
    • Like Like x 2
  13. A God named Payton

A God named Payton

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I never went wild when we hired Trestman. I did however get a bit excited when I heard he had taught Cutty earlier in life. ..its showing and I fekin love it...long may this continue.

BEARDOWN
  14. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member

Ratings:
    +599 / 2 / -1
    Better, but strangely unsatisfying as to how overall. Keep the ball rolling.
  15. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    These first 3 teams were teams they should beat. So I'm not impressed with all these close wins and the defense having to bail out our sputtering offense last night. Next 5 weeks we see what this team is really made of. But at least the defense continues to be a serious scoring threat and turnover machine, week after week.
  16. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,942 / 8 / -2
    They've met my expectations, but only because the offense is significantly better than I thought they would be, and the defense is slightly worse than I thought. With them having 6 INTs and 7 FF's, I'm not harping on the defense so much, just waiting for the line to finally "click".
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SERE Bear

SERE Bear

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    better than I expected on the Oline.
    better than I expected with regards to Cutlers play
    better than I expected from The Black Unicorn
    Better than i expected with regards to turnovers created by the D

Worse than I expected from the Dline pass rush

About what I expected from the LBs
    About what I expected from Forte

My guess was 9-7 or 10-6 and I hope that ends up better than I expected as well!
  18. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    They're right were I expected them to be. Before the season started I predicted a 13-3 record with wins in each of the first three games.

With the talent this team has on both sides of the ball, There was no way we weren't going to improve on our 10-6 record from last year.

This team can be scary good. We've beaten two of last year's playoff teams (one of which is a Super Bowl favorite) and got our first road victory in an extremely tough city/stadium to play in.

The thing that most people don't realize is that yeah there's other 3-0 teams out there right now but, the difference with us is we haven't even hit our peak yet.

We've played some really good solid football and haven't even been clicking on all cylinders yet.

At some point this season Trestman's already much improved offense is going to get 100 percent comfortable in this new system, is going to get fully in sync, and then its going to be "uh oh" time for the rest of the NFC North and possibly the rest of the NFL.
  19. Akuma2000

Akuma2000

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    The Bears team has wildly exceeded my expectations, when Trestman was hired and I saw how he has won with the teams he's been with and made that team's qb better I knew that was the guy this team needed and the proof is in the pudding with the improved play from Cutler.......I knew he would help the Bears win some games on the offensive side of the ball but I never expected we'd be undefeated at this point in the season with a new coaching staff and offensive scheme etc....
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    One game at a time things are going just fine D & STs need to tighten it up ,..