How is this Bears team compared to your offseason expectations?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Sep 23, 2013.

?

How is this team against your expectations before the season?

1. Wildly exceeding my expectations, never thought we would start 3-0

26.3%
  2. Generally exceeding my expectations, figured we had a shot to win the Division

44.7%
  3. Pretty much what I expected, knew they could improve on their 10-6 record

21.1%
  4. Expected better than what I've seen, they are still too sloppy in some areas

7.9%
  1. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,880ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Vote.

2. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    I voted generally exceeding my expectations. The team has a chance to be something special this year if they can put everything together in games that count down the road. Sure there are some weaknesses, but for after 3 weeks with a new coach, its looking pretty good.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ticat

ticat Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    130ß
    The minute I heard trestman was hired , I knew something special was going to happen in chicago.

4. BearsWin

BearsWin Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    I agree on generally better. I knew the offense had new pieces, I didn't expect them to gell so quickly. The improvement in Offense is enought to offset the Defense, which is a little worse than expected, mainly due to the DLine not living up to expectations.

5. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    977ß
    generally better. I expected issues on offense, especially the o-line, but they are doing well.

6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    657ß
    After Emery's hire of Trestman and this years draft things I was feeling pretty good. Things at that point actually started looking like we actually had a sense of direction occurring with this team we never saw before. Execution of the Emery's plan has been spot on and the results are showing when things are done the right way.

7. BorisBear

BorisBear Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Couldn't have said it better myself. There is a lot of work left to do but it is a process and we'll see how it all turns out.:D

8. A-11

A-11 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Jimmors, there is too much drama in that poll.

I voted "wildly" exceeding my expectation over "Generally" speaking I thought we had a shot to win our division. Three games in is too soon to get wildly carried away. The Bears with a new staff have been doing much better than I expected. Honestly thought that we would have been lucky to walk away at the end of the year 10-6. Now, I'm greedy. I think with this start we should do better, I'm already thinking about the playoffs *gasp.*

9. dachuckster

dachuckster Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,143ß
    I voted "wildly" as well. My original expectations was that we would have more turnover of personnel and a slower learning curve on offense. I didn't have a specific record in mind but I would have been happy with anything better than 8-8.

Now I am thinking that we should easily match the 10-6 record from last year and am hoping for 11-5 or 12-4. I agree with A-11 about three games being too soon to really get carried away.

But I have been sipping the Bear Kool-Aid and it tastes pretty freakin' good!!

10. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    They are exceeding my expectations especially with the O-Line. Just think we thought that we'd have Bushrod-Slauson-Garza-Long-Webb but yet Mills has surprised us so far in a good way.