How is this Bears team compared to your offseason expectations?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Sep 23, 2013.

?

How is this team against your expectations before the season?

1. Wildly exceeding my expectations, never thought we would start 3-0

26.3%
  2. Generally exceeding my expectations, figured we had a shot to win the Division

44.7%
  3. Pretty much what I expected, knew they could improve on their 10-6 record

21.1%
  4. Expected better than what I've seen, they are still too sloppy in some areas

7.9%
  1. omc1969

omc1969

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Each year of Lovies' tenure our expectations were high only to be dashed by late season collapses. This year we (most of us anyway) were cautiously optimistic with all the changes but in the end the first 3 games turned out better than I figured.
    :D
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 5 / -4
    I chose incorrectly,

I think it's been better then I thought in regards to the OL, I didn't think the line would be near this good, but between Kromer putting together a great OL(little to no pre snap penalties) and the play of Long and Mills and the Vets it's been a great season so far. Trestman has actually fixed a lot of flaws in Cutler, he isn't holding onto the ball near as long as he used to, and he's actually spreading the ball around, I'm stunned...and b/c of this he's making his OL look better then tey actually are and that is huge.

But the reality is that Cutler has 6 TD's, Forte 2, and Bush 1, that's 9 TD's in 3 games, or 3 a game. That's 21 points, Add in 4 FG's by Gould and you are still about 24 points by the O and and many of those are b/c of great field position by the D TO's. I'd like to see a few more TD's or at least drives ended in FG's and a few less punts.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

Ratings:
    +375 / 0 / -0
    The season is just getting started and we still have a lot of learning to do but I'll suffer through these wins till we look like perfection. It's burden we must Bear till we become the greatest of all time.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,531 / 0 / -0
    Best post of the day :-)

Still laughing. I hope that the Trestman era has lot's of this "unbeaten & 1st place in the NFC-N suffering"
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

Ratings:
    +375 / 0 / -0
    If this is suffering chain me to dawall.

I thought it was pretty good myself JABF. Looking at your sig AGAIN, Marshall is that big compared to Forte no wonder Mr. 4th quarter loves throwing to him. I could hit him with a football and I throw like a girl/Rogers.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,531 / 0 / -0
    I thought that was an amazing picture of B.Marsh & Forte. It looked like Big Brother with his arm on Little Brother.

[​IMG]