How the Chicago Bears Can Finally Conquer Green Bay

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jul 15, 2014.

1. RochBear

RochBear Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    158ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Beyond the joke, there is something to this. As Soul indicates, as long as Rodgers is healthy the Packers will score. The Bears offense needs to score and score and score. It is refreshing that that is now plausible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,887ß
    It is, but it's also why Trestman has to pound into Cutty's head that he HAS to be safer w/the ball b/c giving extra chances to Rogers is suicide.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,094ß
    +1000

The D has to at least slow down Rodgers a bit. Even if it's just a bit. And we won't beat the Packers giving them turnovers. That's suicide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    657ß
    If we had anything of a D in the last game against GB even half ass defense last year the game is won by the Bears. We get rid of most of the D line with 2 of them going to divisional opponents. SWEET!! And we steal 2 from divisional opponents so I will be shocked and pissed if we lose to any divisional rivals this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I couldn't agree more. The same could be said when playing any team with a top flight QB and offense. The rules favoring O now make it very difficult to overcome "extra chances" given to the opposition. If there's 2 things I hope to see from Jay in his 2nd season under Trestman, it's staying healthy (starting 15 games min) and cutting down on TOs. Gaudy yardage numbers are nice but I'll take those two over throwing for 5k.

• Like Like x 3
  6. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,201ß
    Sorry to bring up the past in this way but I still think it's valid. Lovie used to break the season down into 4 game units so let's go with that for now. Here's the first four games

Buffalo-Home
    SF-Road
    NYJ-Road
    Packers-Home.

None of the first three are easy games, even the Bills, and the two road games are night games which we tend to misplay often. Assuming we can win the home opener, and we should, and win one of the two night games, the Jets game being the more likely of the two, then the GB game sets us up to be either 3-1 or 2-2 in that first quarter of a season.

IMHO there's a huge psychological advantage to be had from coming out of those four games 3-1 especially when the third win comes against your main division rival and happens in front of 60,000 plus crazed Bears fans. That would be a hell of a nice confidence booster going into the next four.

Three of those four are one the road and two of those road games come against Carolina and NE neither of which will be easy to beat at home but it's doable and again winning one of those two sets us up to be 3-1 through the second quarter of a season. Winning just one game out of the two toughest in each of these four game sets would be the difference between a 6-2 record at bye week and 4-4. I'd say 6-2 has us atop the NFCN and 4-4 just buried in the middle with lots of question still to be answered and the need to do far better in the second half of the season.

So that Packer game is an extremely important one for a number of reasons and throughout camp and the preseason they need to be constantly focusing on winning that particular game to finish out the first four. Do it and the doubt will begin to recede. Don't do it and they make the rest of the season really hard for themselves.

7. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,166ß
    Just let McC get another shot on Rodgers and take him out for the year and we will be fine. Who would thunk it. Shea McC the Rodgers killer.

8. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,201ß

We're pretty good at taking out current and former Packer QBs aren't we? And just think. This year we have Allen and McClellin to turn loose on him plus their supporting cast. Gotta put a clock on the guy and make him stay in the pocket or he'll kill us.

9. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,166ß
    I think its the curse of McMahon. (shhhhh, starting a billy goat rumor here). Ever sense Martin slammed him to the ground and hurt his shoulder McM cursed the Packers future QB's. allowing for the like of McC to cause injury. LOL

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,094ß
    I want Green Bay to be 100% healthy when we meet them, and Rodgers to be a healthy QB all season long & we STILL win the Division. I want to see us beat them - and be the better team - even when they have a team that is at 100% full strength. Otherwise, it feels like a "cheap win" instead of the situation where we're just the better team hands down.

Yes, "a win is a win" and we shouldn't quibble. But it would be even better to beat them when they are at their best. Then we'll know we are truly a great team. To be the best you have to beat the best. For Green Bay to be the best they need Rodgers. Let's beat them with Rodgers healthy.