HOW the Tie breaker Bonus Points GET AWARDED

Discussion in 'Da Bears NFL Pick'em' started by Nakoma1, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Okay HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING with regard to the outcome of the Ravens/Broncos game

TIEFINAL1.jpg

76 points were scored ,...sheeeeesh what a game Could have been a bigger blowout if Denver's D back didn't drop the ball going in for a score,..... discipline,... discipline ,..... DISCIPLINE ! ! ! !

ANYWHOOO here we go ,... AN EXAMPLE Not the final out come,... heck there are 15 more games to be played
    In a one game of NFL pick'em we had 14 players

OF those 14 players 11 chose Denver 3 chose the Ravens

Those 11 each will get a point added to their overall total where most of the those tied are at 1- 0 Now add 1 more pnt for having chose Denver,...making them all 2 - 0 So where's the tie-breaker come in ??

Patience Grasshoppers ;)

Now out of the 11 players that chose Denver ,... Papa_Bear_7 and Bearstuff cleanup

Papa_Bear_7 (2-0) picked 61 pnts He gets 2 more points for being the closest without going over

Bearstuff (2-0) picked 57 pnts He gets 1 more point for being the runner up closest without going over

Papa_Bear_7 Wins as he is now at 4 -0 and Bearstuff is now at 3-0

And if this were the real outcome Papa_Bear_7 would in turn give me a number from 1- 16 which will represent the Game number in the order they are posted here for the next Tie Breaker-Bonus Game and Round

This post was made to play out the tie breaker with a winning team scenario,...ties are covered below

===================================================

Points for points scored are upped if there were a tie ,.. there would be no winner of the team picked points. So I upped the total points scored awards in the case of a tie Tie Breaker-Bonus-Game

WHICH brings to light the dilemma of a tie LADIES & GENTLEMAN PLEASE do check others post prior to picking YOUR TOTAL POINTS SCORED as you can now see the reason for not having duplicate entries POINT SCORED.

This is Why I am doing this on a first-come-first-serve basis,... if some one already has already picked 45 points for total points score you have to pick another total ,... EVEN if you pick the other team
    What happens if the Tie-Breaker-Bonus Game does end up in tie ?? There will be two players with identical points picked

AND NO I'm not going to split points

And remember the Tie-breaker-Bonus-Game may not even come in to play and even if it does who's to say it will be the same players competing for the points. There are 15 games left to be played this week,...so don't feel discouraged that you didn't hit home here ,.. You still have shot this week and of course there's always next week. We're all playing to be King of the Quarter there are 4 weeks in each round and an overall winner at season's end and if you pick'em right and score high enough each week you might be in the running for the overall prize even if you came up short on a quarter here and there
    Thank You for playing

Nak
  2. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    I don't quite understand it. Can you send me an example hat to really drive the point home? ;)
  3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Papa,... albeit one game ,...I simulated this pick em and how the ties will get thinned down to having one winner each week there were 76 points scored in the game

You were the closest without going over with 61 pnts and Bearstuff came in second with 57
  4. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    I was just playing with you trying to get free stuff. lol