Hub's Bears Big Board: Top 5

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,705ß
    Ratings:
    +3,563 / 13 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    It's funny because I am getting the same suspicions. Now, if he does, I will laugh out loud because he has successully thrown several people off the scent (I am sure some other GMs as well). Either he has masterfully manipulated the environment or we have all successfully read the little tidbits that we were given (or maybe both)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    480ß
    Ratings:
    +1,170 / 1 / -0
    No, I wouldn't hate it. The guy is too much of a talent to "hate it". He wouldn't be my first choice, but I would certainly enjoy watching him play for US on Sundays.

3. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    205ß
    Ratings:
    +402 / 1 / -0
    As I said a couple days ago, I really like Tuitt - he's a stud. However, his foot surgery immediately moves him down my big board and out of consideration at 14.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,705ß
    Ratings:
    +3,563 / 13 / -0
    I view a TE as more of a "would be nice" whereas I view the secondary as a real need. DT can arguably be called a "would be nice" since we have not seen the new line play, but I just don't see an interior disruptor right now.

5. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    480ß
    Ratings:
    +1,170 / 1 / -0
    This wont happen, but just for the sake of argument:
    Emery has already beefed up D-Line in FA. What if the first and second picks are Pryor/Dix and then Jimmie Ward. Suddenly our Defensive line is fixed (at least much improved), we brought back our starting corners (still need future), our Safety's are fixed with rookies (but stud rookies), and if Shea can step up at MLB (like I frankly think he can), then this Defense is looking a LLLLOOOOOTTTT different from last year.

Food for thought.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    446ß
    Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -1
    If we got Ebron, I'd be okay with that. If Trestman wants to run two tight end sets, we certainly have dogcrap at the position once you get past Bennett so it is a need and he is valued at about that level of a pick. Emery put a lot of FA money into the defense this offseason so maybe he thinks he can do that. Maybe that's the direction he's going. It sure would not be a conventional pick, so right on par with Emery's style of drafting.

• Like Like x 2
  7. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    446ß
    Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -1
    Eh, I don't know if going back to back rookie safeties is that great of an idea. Not with the need at CB because Tillman is an injury risk and on his last year as a Bear. I think one vet out of the guys we have on the roster will be starting this year at safety.

8. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    624ß
    Ratings:
    +540 / 0 / -0
    Im just reading all ur posts and enjoying all this, God knows im gonna enjoy draft even more.
    Regarding our 1st pick, somehow I feel we cant and wont pick wrong, besides we didn't have this high of a pick for ages

• Like Like x 1
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,045ß
    Ratings:
    +1,956 / 2 / -0
    Emery could fool us all and go with Hageman. Wouldn't shock me all that much.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,066ß
    Ratings:
    +4,517 / 10 / -8
    4Da, I think there is a better shot of Emery going S or LB 1st, opposite of the 1st 2nd or DT, and then grabbing a guy that can play CB/S in the 3rd there are a couple 3 guys in the mid rounds that are slotted as both.

The LB position is a far bigger problem imo, Bostic is experienced now, but was not anything close to good last year, and Shea is a complete wild card, Greene was actually worse then Bostic; and Briggs/DJ(as much as I like both) are hardly locks to play at a high level all year, if they can even stay healthy. That core, which originally looked deep at least at OLB, is thin all around.
    IF Shea/Bostic/Greene all take GIGANTIC leaps this year, ya that core is set, but the depth is still super thin.

Emery really throwing everyone for a loop is taking Teddy B-Side as he slides or the OT, Lewen*sp?, Hagemen would just piss people off :)