Huge challenge for our OL Sunday. How will they do?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 6, 2013.

?

How well with this OL perform against a stellar "D" like this?

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,026 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,403ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    The Bengals defense is rated anywhere from #2 and #4 in the NFL this year. They will present the Bears offensive line with perhaps their greatest test of the 2013 season. This will be a "baptism by fire" for our brand new offensive line, with 4 of the 5 players new to the Bears - and two are green rookies starting on the right side. Long has only played football for a limited time at any level, having been a baseball player most of his college career.

How well with this OL perform against a stellar "D" like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,026 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,403ß
    This is a "D" that is capable of taking Jay Cutler out for the season if he isn't protected by our Oline.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  3. BelieveInMonsters

Ratings:
    +320 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    157ß
    The OL will be fine on Sunday.

Trestman's system will set them up to be successful.

I'm not sold on the Bengals and all of the talking heads heaping love all over them are going to look foolish come Sunday.

Mark it down.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,026 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,403ß
    I wish we could have faced a weaker defense in the first game of the season. But on a positive note, an extreme test like this, will be great if the OL can hold up Sunday. I believe that if we can block well against THIS team, then we're fine with the other solid "D's" well face this year.

We'll get to see two top defenses perform Sunday. I could see BOTH of these teams having top-5 defenses this year. I think the Bears defense will be every bit as solid as last season. The Bengals had an awesome defense last year too, and should be even better this year.

I hope we win, and also stay healthy. No key injuries, especially to Jay Cutler.

• Like Like x 3
  5. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    335ß
    I'm hoping that we use the athleticism of the 2 rooks and we run at Geno Atkins when we have the chance. From what I saw of Long in the PS, he is explosive on run blocks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +723 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    459ß
    I believe this best time to see a defense like this. Marc T you know he has been gaming planing for this game for weeks. So he has gone over every scenario O wise they could face. This's going to show everyone where the Bears are at right out of the gates.

My prediction is after this game people will be saying maybe this game was a fluke by the Bears and they just got lucky because of new coach. This's different team from top to bottom and people just can't see it or want to believe it so we all have to wait to Sunday. Like Phil Collins song goes "I can feel it coming in the air tonight hold on hold on."

• Like Like x 1
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,026 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,403ß
    Atkins and Suh are arguably the most feared DT's in the entire NFL. Atkins had some praise for Long yesterday (LINK), but I figure that is probably just him being "nice" for the media. Kromer isn't stupid. He'll max-protect Cutler if the OL struggles Sunday. We don't need to start our season with a Cutler injury.

8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,026 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,403ß
    If ever there was a game where Jay Cutler needs to get rid of the ball quickly - this is that game.

The OL will get better and better all season long. At least that's what I expect. The green rookies will certainly get better with "real" game experience. But in this initial game, I really don't think it's realistic to believe either rookie will perform at their best. That's not a poor reflection against them. Just being realistic. Atkins makes even the best OL guys look pretty bad. That's why he is a feared DT and a Pro Bowl guy every year. He can be a vicious physical player who also has freakish quickness/speed.

If the youngsters struggle at all, expect Kromer to max-protect Cutler. Jay is the only piece on the team that we can't win without. If he gets a serious injury, our season ends right there.

9. WearyBear

WearyBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    One thing is for sure, the rookies will get an education right out of the starting blocks. This will put their heads right into reality.

• Like Like x 2
  10. draw2anderson35

draw2anderson35 Veteran

Ratings:
    +101 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    I agree with ya JABF99. A lot hinges on Cutty... he needs to make quick reads and decisions while in the pocket and if he does scramble a bit learn that throwing it out of bounds is not a bad choice.

Geno is going to be moved around the entire game until a weak spot is found and they will be rushing Harrison & Co. quite a bit. I'm sure this will be a game where a TE, FB and/or RB will be used often for pass protection.

• Like Like x 1