Huge challenge for our OL Sunday. How will they do?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 6, 2013.

?

How well with this OL perform against a stellar "D" like this?

1. dabears70

dabears70 Veteran

Ratings:
    +103 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    188ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I agree 100%

I think we should all expect growing pains, there's going to be a sack maybe 2, there's going to be a int maybe 2 but i really believe in everything Emery put together on the offensive side of the ball with Trestman,Kromer and the moves on the ol.

It's going to be key for Cutler to get the ball out quick and i'm expecting for growing pains there also.

I expect a bunch of slant routes and passes to Forte and hopefully in the end we'll get the win with some help from our defense.

I'm also expecting DJ Williams to start at mlb and i think it's a good choice cause he's a beast.

2. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    So far the O-Line looks okay. But remember it is their first game.

3. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    Less ugly than I expected, but I still think that many will call this win "lucky".

4. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,214 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,076ß
    I think I under estimated the talent of their DL...

5. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    With tempered expectations between inexperience of our rooks and Cincinnati's talent, I'm pretty happy.

6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,126 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,486ß
    Should be pretty happy, the OL only gave up a few pressures to Cutler. Didn't open the holes as well as they could have for Forte/Bush but still did okay, that DL is nothing to sniff at, this should be a huge positive going into the rest of the season. This team will have to face another DL this talented all that often.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +466 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    457ß
    I thought Mills played it pretty smart in that action with Rey Maualuga at the end of the game. He easily could have gotten caught up in the heat of the play and gotten an offsetting PF.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,093 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,496ß
    No sacks given up against one of the better Dlines in the NFL. Pretty cool.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    64ß
    Just got back from the game and the stadium was rocking, yes it was awesome to see Cutler not get sacked all game........kudos to the rookies Long and Mills for making the doubters and naysayers look like idiots, saying atkins and the other guy was gonna have a pass rushing frenzy on those two sacking cutler multiple times etc etc......no one is saying jack now.....lol

I know its only the first game of the season but its definitrely one hell of a confidence builder for the 2 rookies...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,093 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,496ß
    I went back and re-watched the 2nd half, focusing on the offensive line play. The pass-blocking was stellar. Even Garza looked solid. The run-blocking looked good on some plays, and mediocre on others. Long and Mills were amazing. They really looked solid.

I really didn't believe it was possible to gut our Oline and replace 4 players in one season (2 of them with rookies) and have them look this solid in their first game.

That "gelling" stuff Tice told us about, must have been bunch of crap. Kromer just threw together a bunch of new guys and they look solid to me. No pixie dust, smoke & mirrors & waiting for J'Marcus to wake up. Kromer just trots out guys who can block & it's all god.

• Like Like x 2