HYBRID MOCK ATTEMPT 1

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Feb 16, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,413 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,425ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    KEEPING THE FOLLOWING IN MIND I WENT TO THE MOCK DRAFT SIMULATOR EVERYONE IS USING.
    upload_2014-2-16_21-5-43.png
    DID IT TWICE AND NOT REAL HAPPY WITH EITHER BUT HERE IT IS
    upload_2014-2-16_21-7-36.png
    STILL A LITTLE CONFUSED ON SOME OF THE LB TRAITS SO SOME MAY NEED TO BE MOVED AROUND BUT;
    HERE IS A POTENTIAL HYBRID LOOK

upload_2014-2-16_21-12-18.png

Really hope McClellin fits the LEO role or we are screwed. Got 2 big guys in the middle so they do not tire. Melton can McCullers and Melton can move to DT for a 43 look and Wootton and McClellan could move to DE, leaving Bostic, Mosley and Briggs as LB's.

Even if McClellin can be LEO still weak for a 43 DE. He is basicaly the same as Dee Ford so not worth a first rd pick in my opinion. Probably can not take a LB in round 1 but really need either Hageman or Tuitt to make this work. Obviously this is dependent on there rankings.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,375 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    759ß
    I like both drafts really, though I don't like Barr @ #14, I like him as a player though. I think the only way Barr gets drafted that early is if Mosley is gone, and then I'd be thinking value at not only LB but DE/DT. From the mocks I've seen the best values tend to be at DE @ or around #14.

Interesting that you got Carrethers each time. I've liked what I've read about him too. I won't pretend I've ever seen Arkansas State though. I'm interested in Caruan Reed too. I've just never seen much of any of them and I end up liking what I'm reading the scouts say really.

Not sure that I'm sold on all of your F/A moves though. There's another whole thread in there somewhere.....

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,440 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,932ß
    Good stuff BS, even though he was inj'd last year and now over 30, the positive to DJ in a hybrid scheme is that he can, well at least HAS, played EVERY LB position in a 3-4 and 4-3 scheme; he's a unique athlete w/the experience they'll want IF moving to a hybrid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,413 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,425ß
    1st four picks fit whatever defense we run. 2 big DT's both over 335 pounds, definetely could use one in either scheme the second is a backup in both schemes. Josh Mauro works in a 34 .
    upload_2014-2-17_22-4-20.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,928 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,180ß
    I like Troy Niklas as #2 TE. Great size, good blocking skills and very athletic. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1