I BELIEVE ! ! ! Do you ! ! !

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Nakoma1, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Let us PRAY ! ! !

ourpapa.jpg

The Bears New Trestament.jpg

newtrestament.jpg

Let's all turn to Chapter 1 Verse 3 ,...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. jbunch14

jbunch14

The new Trestament!! That is perfect, love it.
  3. 4th and 26

4th and 26 Staff Member

I just wish we would have done this about 5 years ago.
  4. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

I hope you're including the Changes from the top down ,.. Georgy for Mikey ,.. Phil for JA ,.. Trestman for Lovie

Although 5 years ago Trestman would have only coming out of the college ranks as an OC Sure his recored over the last 5 years has somewhat proven he can win at the professional level but in the CFL There' is that variable to consider 4th ,..

The longer wait we've endured,..WELL just may be more fruitful over the longer haul,...and right now the way it appears to be evolving I'm liking what I'm seeing on O and tonight we shall how D has hopefully come along. Question. COULD Trestman have gotten those Grey Cup wins here as Super Bowl wins ??? looking at it from that perspective,..it sure would have been nice ,...
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Akuma2000

Akuma2000

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

7. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla

This just might need a sticky, along with the bears fight song... Although, my opinions are sometimes suspect...
  8. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Oh there are sinners and non believers ,... YUP
  9. matsellah

matsellah SuperFan

And the years prior to that?
  10. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Mats,... WHO knew ??
    Honestly, and why Trestman has never risen above a QB coach/ OC in the NFL ranks, until now I believe we'll never know ,..
    His work has seemed to have spoken for itself wherever he's been. I'm not devote believer in such things as the plug n play approach ,..

5 years ago ?

When Orton was still going be here one more year Or howyabout 4 Years ago when the Bears has just acquired Cutler AND also with the possibility of the Bears top brass having just completed a major over haul and house cleaning that year or the year before THIS has been key from my viewpoint

A few more questions to boot ,..and again THIS all needing to be the given here ,.... Michael having been replaced by Georgy much earlier than the later as we have witnessed And Georgy having a to hell with it all approach and clean house in one massive sweep,... Thats how it would of had to happen IMO
    Would Phil had been available ?
    Would he had come here ?
    Would Trestman want come to Chicago after only being in the CFL for a year and on the doorstep to his Grey Cup triumphs ? Could he have come here back then ?

Would the Bears be in such dire need of a QB guru having just acquired Cutler ? I LIKE THIS PREMISE
    and I'm sure the many here can add to this list of questions here surrounding the If Ands, Buts and WHAT IFs ,... please feel free to do so Discuss have at it
    IMHO The reason being for having Trestman here now ,.. have never been more so clearly evident. The Bears want to try and build around Cutler , other wise why acquire Marshall ,.. why draft Jeffery as that pick was questioned a lot last season

Personally, I'm liking what I'm seeing on offense .. it's evolving and still growing, the O-line isn't fixed ,.BUT it' taken a bigger steps in the right direction to being a m ore complete line, the D and STs have been more suspect ,... but seem to have been able to apply pressure and overcome setbacks when needed in each of the three games thus far,... AND as far as turnovers go last a couple of those were gifts ,.. But hey the Bears have had their miscues like this thin the past. The Bears D technically is no longer in its prime There is an age gap issue that needs to be addressed and quick ,.. OR Trestman's going to need to be writing a few more play books to keep the Bears in the game offensively
    It's the first year of a whole new regime across the board,... that started 3 years ago when Georgy replaced Michael

I said it in the off season and will say it again ANYTHING remotely offensive minded coming to this team would speak volumes. I believe the Bears have done more than acquire a remotely minded Coach and staff when it come to the offense Now to tweak the D and STs the Bigger question here IMHO ,.... Is Tucker the right guy ??
    I sure don't like seeing the Bears in their zone prevent It's scary , the timings off a blitzes and coverage
  11. GBlaze23

GBlaze23

As good as the season is going so far, please, don't ever ever EVER encourage Nak. It's like giving a retard meth. Bad things will happen around here.
  12. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member

Fair warning. If you've got an issue with anyone, keep it in the PM's or take it to the bar scene. We won't tolerate personal attacks on anyone, and this isn't taking sides. You can't swing at someone, and you can't retaliate either.

I'll add you can always put someone on ignore. Best feature of the site. Us it.
  13. dachuckster

dachuckster SuperFan

I have just started Trestman's book. I don't think that he was ready for this step at any earlier time. He has gone through some really gut wrenching changes and I believe that the Marc Trestman that we see today is fundamentally different from the Marc Trestman of 5 or 7 years ago.
  14. billatter

billatter

Those five years in the CFL seasoned Trestman as a HC. All of the major challenges of being a HC in pro football exist in both leagues. In some respects, being a HC in the CFL is tougher than the NFL. Montreal was an opportunity to develop as a HC without the scrutiny and the pressure of the NFL, where the patience level for failure is often far shorter. I doubt he would've made the move quicker.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend the CFL route for the majority of NFL wannabe HCs. Trestman proved to be an exception.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. 4th and 26

4th and 26 Staff Member

We should have dumped both lovie and Ja 5 years ago. I have very few nice words to say about this clowns over the last couple of years.
  16. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Ya don't have to tell me ,... I know your stance on the issue

Preach it 4th,... as a reminder ,... PREACH IT !!!
  17. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

I see a lot of praise for Trestman but its the Bears defense and their 14pts that bailed this team out. Offense simply sputtered at times and not enough plays were made in that 2nd half. 170yds passing isn't going to cut it.
  18. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

If only the Steelers were able to give up 400+ passing yards like the Bears defense did
  19. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

What's funny is that the Bears defense is better than the Steelers defense. But we saw just how much better Big Ben is than Cutler. For all the yardage the Bears D gave up...they get turnovers and put points on the board at critical times. And not many defenses can do that in this league but ours can.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Yes, but if you do not let them get all those yards, the Steelers are not in position to score.

So don't praise the defense too much