I BELIEVE ! ! ! Do you ! ! !

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Nakoma1, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LMAO Defense scored 14 points without those TDS BEARS STILL WIN 26- 23 whats the problem ? I don't like the nail biters any more than the next guy, YES the D needs work

I supposed your types feel the Oline is set for long haul ,.. Yes ??

Again it was the third game of the season , of a new regine

What's with all those expecting PERFECTION ???
    '
    ' Like you can do better ??
  2. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    284ß

Well you will give up a ton of yards when your defense keep scoring and you keep the offence off the field. The bottom line is that this defense outscored most defenses in the entire league.
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    820ß
    Very true. But acting as though the defense saved the day is kinda off balance. They gave up a lot of yards and points.
  4. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    284ß
    They also made the field much shorter for the offense.
  5. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The defense should be praised big time when they put up 14pts. As for the yardage, the Cover 2 schemes that the Bears have used over the years, simply allow a great deal of yardage against good QBs. Its the nature of that defense. That Roethlesberger out there, not Blaine Gabbert. He puts up yardage on a lot of great teams. And Brown simply overmatched our secondary. These kind of games happen.
  6. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    820ß
    They happen a lot on the pass game. It needs to be fixed before it costs the Bears a game.... like against Calvin Johnson or Drew Brees
  7. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I agree we have issues in our secondary but we're also running a different version of the Cover 2 this year. Also a few new players in the mix on D. I just think its a matter of these guys getting a handle on Tucker's Cover 2 philosophy which is quite different than Marinelli's/Lovie's philosophy. You could also see that Tillman was bothered by that knee.
  8. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    820ß
    And that is what troubles me with this coming week. Without Tillman, CJ is gonna torch the Bears already shaky pass defense
  9. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    As I mentioned in a previous thread...the next 5 weeks we find out what this team is really made of. And this offense needs to elevate its play. You put it on the Bears defense game after game. This is supposed to be an offense that can put pts on the board without problems. Well its time they speed up the learning curve and star doing their part.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ken Powers

Ken Powers Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I Bearlive.
  11. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    820ß
    OH yeah. The next six games will tell us who this team really is.

The Lions twice..... Stafford is a good (not great) QB, but CJ makes teams hurt.
    Drew Brees is a great QB. Then Eli and Rodgers. The "easy" week is RGIII..... it will be a good stretch. But don't forget, last year the Bears were 7-1 before finishing 3-5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm with you. This is going to be a real tough stretch. We'll know soon enough if we got a serious contender or if we should just pack it in and start looking at those 2014 draft guides.
  13. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

BRING 'EM ON ! !

YEAH Im liking the Bears odds here with the likes of Eli #3, Brees #5 ,Glassford #34 and Erin Boy # 8 YUP

THE NUMBERs ??? those correspond to how many times they have already been sacked so far this season

OH and Cutler's doen there with Glassford at #32 ;)
    should proove to be very close match ups BOTH games being more similar to the Monday night game with Detroit

QBSacks.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/sacks
  14. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I too think this will be a tough strech of games coming up, I will be happy if we go 4-1. I think we'll lose to New Orleans but we can bet everyone else.
  15. popcornlover

popcornlover Guest

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3-0 is very nice but there could be some improvements...
    Run the ball more
    Dont blitz on 3rd downs.......
  16. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think DET is going to crush us this week. DEt is a deeply talented team and its going to be tough playing in that Silverdome dump.
  17. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think if the Pass Defense performs like it did this past week they will BUT if the Pass Defense returns to normal and we can marginalize Megatron we can pull out a win.

Also isn't the Silverdome pretty much abadoned.
  18. popcornlover

popcornlover Guest

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL NICE PUN
  19. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    You seriously don't think that, because Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers aren't ranked higher, that our defense will do better against them, do you? If he's not hurt, Jimmy Graham will eat this defense alive. Aaron Rodgers tends to have more of his "off games" against us than anyone else, but he's still the best quarterback in the league.

As far as the whole, "Do you believe?" thing, yes, I believe this is a legitimate team with a great chance at making the playoffs. Trestman has already shown his system/philosophy are vastly superior to Lovie's, by getting Cutler to move from more of a gunslinger (hence all the passes to Forte), and to throw deep when the time is right. This offense has a better chance than not, of hanging with any team at this point in time, and I think we HAVE to be looked at as the third best team in the league (Denver first, Seattle second).

What's interesting, is that, rather than have all the easy games at the front of the schedule, we've played 2 playoff teams from last year and we have 2 divisional games in our first 4. We come out of this with a 4-0 record, Green Bay is gonna have some troubles keeping up. Detroit isn't a bad team by any measure, but they've struggled in games they shouldn't have, and were kept in check by the WORST secondary in the NFL, in Washington.

I'm not ready to crown them, but if they can beat/compete in the Detroit and New Orleans games, then the Giants and Redskins should be no problem. Cutler's looking like he's FINALLY on the precipice of being elite, and for him, all four secondaries should be fairly easy to contend with. Let's just hope/pray there are no serious offensive injuries, and that the D can either allow fewer yards, or continue making turnovers. It's entirely possible that we go undefeated by the time we play Green Bay, but more than likely, we'll have a loss or two by that point.
  20. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Im not crowing them yet either nor was it an expectation of mine at the start this season ,.. b ut from what I have seen from the barometer-type-measuring-stick games Of Foes played and foes to play YA NEVER KNOW with this team. THE OFFENSE IS VASTLY IMPROVED and can only get better.
    I believe this team can pick up at least a couple or 3 of those games left on the field last season 1 for sure so far the Texans game. Divisional games are what they going to be 'cept for the Queens as I am now thinking everyone has their way with them this season especially after losing to the Browns at home.

FIRST THINGS FIRST
    First off my speculation of where the Bears will finish comes into play here so please humor me and try to follow along.
    I have predicted the Bears going 10-6 maybe a reaching 11-5 Can either of those records be enough to take the division Yes ! ,.. but when this season started ,. I wasn't saying the Bears are going to win the division and I'm still not ,... in my pre season prediction I also stated that the NFC North teams split their games with the their rivals WELL as of now the Only team I see in jeopardy of not being able to do such is the vikings BUt we'll still approach this with the premise the whole division splits
    So if THIS were to happen all division records would be 3-3 add this to the Bears current record subtracting the one win since having beaten Minny which brings the Bears record to modest 5-3 start for the Bears wanna steal that win in Minny then make 6-2 EITHER WAY it's not a bad position to be in for what the many have predicted and with 8 more game to play,... ikf this scenario does play out 10 - 6 is very conceivable if not higher ,.

NO The Bears aren't playing all their divisional games on the front half of the schedule most are on the back half ,.. actually the divisional games have been spread out fairly well.
    Now with your reference to the D and MZ Erin ,.. YOu bring up Mz. Erin's "OFF GAMES " as if it were a fluke that he has played poorly against the Bears . You can't give the former Defenses any credit for that ? I DO Everyone knows were to throw the ball on a Cover who or a zone prevent. Favre was certainly much better at threading that needle. Mz. Erins' starting to look like Cutty ,.. with having to have an open receiver to guarantee the reception ,. he's becoming hesitant and THIS I welcome as well as him being sacked a few more times The ride for Mz Erin isn't going to be so easy for him this season as it has in season's past as the pressure will be on,..... after all ,..., The Packers are going to win the SuperBowl for the Next 5 years,.....; so their fans think

Barometer-type-measuring-stick games
    Let's look at the Bangles games in comparison. Things I look at,....a barometer so to speak
    Tell ya what Cincy's Oline gave up one much needed sacked to the Bears when it was needed badly ,. They also gave up 4 sacks to the Pack. IN Turn their Defense Got 4 Sacks on the Packer O line Where the Bears gave up NONE And by the way THE BEARS are 30 in the league in doing such NOT BAd for a brand new Oline with 2 rookies and a NEW HC and scheme
    Mz Erin has been sacked 11 times this season. Those numbers can and will probably more than likely go higher as will his picks . The Packers running game will be suspect since they are into the 3 rd string ,...AND now with them having a b ye week,... let's see how well they come out of this ,.. Lacy should be back BUT he is and will be vulnerable AND has a hands issue Too bad the Packers get their bye this week
    THEY DO NEED a much needed rest ALREADY LMFAO ! !!
    It sure would have been nice to see Mickey Mac shuffling his injury depleted roster around again to plug in the voids for a game this week ,..... let's say with the Lions as thats who's up next for them next week and Bears play some other team this week , ... versus getting a much needed rest ,...at least the Bears will have their Bye right before playing the Pack So good for both teams. I guess

With respects to Mickey mac or lack there of ,....Ya can only pull a rabbit out of the hat so many times until its pile of poop. And Well Mickey Mac has made TWO COSTLY CALLs One this past weekend, the other giving the 9ersz another chance down on the goal line ,.. YOU MAKE THEM KICK IT ,...Bad move all around here. So I feel he's bound to bumble a few more calls this season and not be so lucky as he has been in the past,..Their D is suspect. Their oline is depleted,.. and again they are thin at running back AND its only a matter of time teams get Nelson figured out He does push off alot We can only hope the refs call this more huh ???

AND Now a reading from the BOOK of Nak ,.. Trestman inpsired mind you
    ;)

I DO believe the Bears DO stand a better chance this year than they have in recent years to beat the Pack,.... and for your information ,... I really don't give a ratzzz azzz who and what Erin Rodgers supposedly is. He's not the great Bear Killer Favre once was. NOR has he lit it up against a winning team this season,..:D the Skins ??? REALLY Right now they look no better than some play lot team at the moment ,..and got heir azzez spanked at home by the Lions,,..unfortunately if RGII is still bopping around ,... the Bears will play the better skins team later this season

BOOK THIS Mz. Erin has one season so far where HE and his supporting Offensive cast beat the Bears by double digits,... unlike his predecessor. 3 0f the last 4 seasons,... games have been tighter ,....AND WELL now since the Bears happen to have a little bit more offense to expand upon ,...it's just a little bit mind you,...just a scoashe ;) Defeating the Packers is conceivable BELIEVE ! ! ! !

the Xs n Os ,... D and O cuz it is a TEAM effort
    The many are bringing up the issues on the D as maybe you should Rrr maybe Not ,.... but not so much ,... NOT like it has been ,. a Panic,.. being all rabid even,..after all it was only Trestman's third game in a new regime NOT his 30th His presence here has already printed VOLUMES,... so I believe,... do you? ;)
    The Bears are 3- 0 BUT let's not forget in each of the 3 games this season THE D has stepped up when needed. The D even sealed the victory this last game in Shittsburgh , ah one Julius Peppers did such,... I believe ,... OH and let's take those defensive TDs away BEARS STILL WIN And the many ask can the Bears win a shoot out ,...I believe they sorta just did. If Trestman hadn't pulled a Lovie and gotten all conservative-like,.... WHo knows what the score cold have been??
    As per who the best QB in the league is THIS SEASON is ,...RIGHT NOW it sure as chit aint MZ erin. Not after what I saw in Cincy. Sure he is still dangerous but that edge is wearing thin. I happen to have a little more respect for Rothy than I do Mz. Erin. Mz. Erin may get his lesson taught on the subject of who's tougher later in the season when Packers host these "the NOW hapless Steelers " <=====definite tone of sarcasm

Unfortunately the Bears have lost Melton to a season ending injury ,. Is this the end of the Bears D this seaon ?? Hmm,..... Could be ?? ,.. more than likely ?? Maybe not ,. as Melton's name has been mentioned as point of weakness on the D unit. Maybe Collins can step up we'll see. It seems Phil's doing his job in getting people in and out getting looks at different players ,.. something thats hasn't been done in ages

This weekends game isn't going go like Lovie's last game last year. and let's not forget GO PACK,... GO LMFnAO ROFnFLR ,.... Lovies famous last words at the podium

NOPE It's going to be more like last year's first meeting on Monday night Football. Main things that need to happen this week,.... Keep Suh away from Cutty PERIOD Keeping Cutty healthy right now should be VERY high on the franchise's list of to dos ,...so long as they expect to go anywhere AND he needs to be coached at not being so reckless in the open field TAKE THE SLIDE and maybe,....hopefully nurture a lead the O built up with KEY D stops and coming out on top would be REAL nice.

I told ya Henry im taking it one game at time ,... But im still going to look at stats. Granted they are situational stats,... BUT so far this year the Bears have inserted themselves into those situations and have won
    The Bears are in the driver's seat in the NFC North. They are also 1-0 over the rest of the division with registered wins over winning teams,... if they can some how keep pace with the Lions and come away with a win this weekend IT WILL BE A HUGE victory for this team and Do remember with a few more to boot
    the Bears are ranked 30 the in the league in giving up sacks to the Lions League's best at 32
    the BEars are # 8 in rush D to the Lions being at 15
    Another tid bit Bears are currently the #3 scoring offense behind Denver and well Mz Erin's team

back to the Steelers game and the D and their letdowns
    Who's to say Tucker isn't tooling around with schemes while the Bears have lead ,.. Sure it works on paper Sure it works in practice .. Won't know if it really works in game situation until trying it ,... YUP things do need tooling . But don't think for second if they have a complete package,.. it's going to be completely unveiled .
    The Bears have been fortunate,... BUT what I find funny about this ,... those fortunes have come to them when most needed in each of the three games this season . There's more to these wins than LUCK ;)

Now we shall see if they really can pull out the stops when needed,..And if Cutty can do as well as he has THis weekends game is the BEARS BIGGEST test yet Another winning team in the Lions ,..well at the moment they are ;)
    GO BEARS
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 1