I didn't watch the game...can someone please fill me in?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Oct 6, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    With whom should I be more upset? I ask that because the box score for this game honestly confuses the hell out of me. On the ONE HAND, Brees was basically carving us up all day. 6 incomplete passes the ENTIRE GAME?!! HOWEVER, the Defense didn't give up "that many points" (granted a relative quantification) considering the fact that we were playing the Saints. I mean, in the 2nd half, we only surrendered two FGs to the Saints. On the other hand, Cutler SEEMS to have had a very good game (along with Jeffery who apparently was in full BEAST mode today), YET we only managed 18 freakin' points at home?!! How is that possible, considering the stats I see in the box score? Cutler goes 24 for 33, for 358, 2 TD's, 0 INTS...yet we mustered only 18 points in the entire game?! Guys, I am lost...please help me out..what exactly happened in this game??!! How/why did we lose it? Why weren't we able to score more points, considering the yardage which we gained?! Per the box score, we actually outgained the Saints in total yardage, while averaging a WHOPPING 8.0 yards per play (the Saints averaged "only" 5.3 yards per play)! So why couldn't we manage to score more than 18 points?! We had only one turnover in the entire game, so that doesn't really explain why/how we lost this game. Please help, guys! What happened today at Soldier Field?!
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,268 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,428ß
    Brad, look at the drive charts, the Bears O only had the ball for about 5min's in the 1st qtr, about 6-7 in the 2nd, 9 in the 3rd and little more then 1 min in the 4th. The D only gave up 6 points early even though the Bears were giving the Saints a short field all day. but the D eventually wore down, and that's not to say the D was great, but it at least got 2 sacks and 5 pressures today, I think that doubles both for the year ;p.

Neither played well though. It's near impossible to stop Brees/Graham. Cutler had a good game, Jeffery was explosive, Forte was quite Marshal had a TD late but was mostly quite. Earl Bennett(huge drop) late, Briggs(huge 4th and 1 off sides) late, Cutler and Forte early fumbles killed any chance the team had of winning though.
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,538 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    540ß
    Defense was doing okay early, when Jay was blindsided on a weakside blitz, which lead to NO being up 6-0. I didn't catch the subsequent touchdown, but I saw the Bears make it 13-7. The offensive gameplan, early on, was "throw, throw throw", and it allowed the Saints to blitz Jay, and paid dividends for them early on. Henry Melton's replacement showed up early with a big sack, then had, what appeared to be a serious knee injury. This defense isn't good enough to last 4 quarters, but that wouldn't matter if Trestman would try to balance out the game plan early on. Jay's also gone away from the high percentage passing plays that he did early in the season, and has essentially ignored Forte as an offensive weapon. Many of the passing yards AJ got in the game came on a hail mary at the end of the 2nd, and late in the 4th, when the game was already out of reach.
  4. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    We never got into a ball control game against the most dangeruos QB in the NFL to keep him off the field.

Brees was throwing to FB's for gods sake.

They even got Pierre Thomas into the game.

When Bees was on the field ... and he never should have been ... he went to TE's that killed us.

Wheres DA BEARS BALL CONTROL at RB? We didnt use it and I wonder if we even KNOW we have it.

You dont let Brees on the field ...
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,650 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,147ß
    Basically, we played a much better team.

They have a real solid defense, and an offense led by a future Hall of Fame quarterback - who took us apart with surgical precision. Sean Payton is one heck of a play calling head coach too. Stellar.

I know this is going to sound nutty, but I thought we played a pretty good game, but against a far superior team. We didn't embarrass ourselves by any means today. Cutler didn't fall apart. The team kept fighting, and I thought did about as good as you would expect at this point. We're 3-2 so far, so the sky hasn't fallen.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    To be Frank, the final score was closer than I thought it would be.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,650 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,147ß
    I felt the same way BIH. They actually did a pretty decent job, considering we don't have a decent defensive line. Going against Drew Brees without a DL is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Nothing good is gonna happen.
  8. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    I also did not see the game, but it sounds like we could have been in this game if not for a few mistakes, two fumbles, a dropped pass, and an off sides on the Defense (not to say they would not have gotten the first down, but it looked like they were just trying to get us offsides in the highlights).
  9. Big Breesy

Big Breesy Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    This made me laugh.