I don't like Rosenbloom, but this article nails it

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Sep 18, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...go-bears-rosenbloom-20130918,0,4343939.column

Sure the guy is an uber-troll, but I think this article pretty much sums up our concerns. Eventually, blaming the condition of the field, or the effectiveness of the other team's OL, or the fact that a guy was sick,etc...well, it is going to wear thin. Let's hope we don't feel the need to incessantly revert to "excuse of the week mode" for our DL this season. It would be nice if they showed up against Pittsburgh on Sunday night. Real nice. Shea? Pep? Melton? Corey? We know you guys frequent this message board. I am calling ya'll out! :3_8_11v[1]:
  2. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    I'm actually surprised that the DL has not done well yet. I don't expect it to remain this way. BUT, I would not mind seeing Washington in the game.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,710 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,237ß
    The team needs game reps now more than anything, and that will come. I've said this all off-season - that we need to understand that this team underwent significant changes. That comes at an initial cost. It isn't reasonable to assume that a team with this much change is going to be operating like a fine Swiss watch after 2 games.

Regarding the DL. Understand that Pep was sick to the point they sent him home from practice, and Melton is coming off an injury. It's not "making excuses" to understand that they weren't 100%. It's reality.

For all those out on the ledge after 2 wins, I've got news for ya. The sky isn't falling. Get a grip.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    mdbearz, if the ends continue to struggle, I am with you 100%. Give the kid a shot to show what he can do. Make it real simple for him...tell him to "Kill the QB" and see if he can do it.
  5. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    Rosenbozo is simply a idiot trying to sell papers. I refuse to give any credibility to his rants as they are simply that ...... rants from a runt !
    • Like Like x 2
  6. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    even a runt like Rosenbozo can be correct every now and again, omc. What are those sayings about broken clocks and blind squirrels?! ;) At this point, we might have to line you up in the wide-9 to generate a pass rush, omc!
  7. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    CORRECT in who's court ? in who's opinion ?? yours?
    [​IMG]

ahhhhhh t he sporting heads,... Gotta love them and the contempt they breed

NOT
  8. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    whose, not who's. It helps to avoid errors when criticizing others. Just a tip.
  9. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    Maybe 40 years ago but spinal stenosis is not generating a pass rush from me these days. 20 years of Rugby saw to that!
  10. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

Ywaaaaaaawn

Stick to the issue at hand ,...Chief ;)

Rosey's opinion and any of the other pot stirring media type's,... are as worthless as a POS

UNLESS yer a Packer fan and play shuffleboard with cow chips
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    Nuff said.

When Pep gets better and Melton gets stronger from his injury the pressure from D-line will start picking up.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,066 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,316ß
    Week 1: Peppers missed parts of training camp so he is still getting in game shape

Week 2: peppers was sick

Week 3 (if he still looks bad): Peppers didn't practice much because he was still recovering

Week 4 (if he still looks bad) Peppers looks bad because he was rusty from being sick and missing training camp.....

Just a guess at the nex two weeks thoughts.

I am sure he will be fine, but I can hear fans now if he does look bad the next two weeks as well
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,710 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,237ß
    If we lose a few games and the DL looks like a contributing factor, then I'll be doing the "Chicken Little" dance too. I just think it's a little early to worry much at this point. I'm trying to keep from getting too low or high on this team until we have 4 games under our belt. At that point I think we will have the minimum regular season, "body of work" to begin (begin) judging the new Trestman team for 2013.

Although, to be honest, I'm always really hopeful about the team each season, until they prove they're bad. Heck, I'm one of those guys who thought we had our franchise QB in Rex Grossman, after he looked decent in the early games. So I am a kool aid guy. A glass half full guy.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  14. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,066 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,316ß
    No reason to do the chicken little dance with th DL. Not yet anyway.

But nothing wrong with keeping an eye on something that has not looked as crisp a expected no matter the reasons
    • Like Like x 2
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,710 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,237ß
    That's probably the best post on the DL situation.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    438ß
    I don't understand the surprise here . Our DL hasn't really been all that good for several years now . They've been servicable with dashes of good here and there but not much else . Get used to it . This is a bend but don't break D - and they do that most of the time , but not all of the time .

Good enough to win us a SB on a good day and with help from the O - but still , even that's gonna be a close shave .
  17. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    You're not wrong here Blue. They have had been good occasionally, but they are not the dominant force that their salaries (Peppers and Melton) would require. Peppers is a difference maker, but does his value to this team = his salary? I don't think it ever has, but until we get a reasonable replacement, we're stuck. Melton has been a bargain until this year, but now he needs to step up and prove that huge TAG number. Like most on here, I'm willing to wait and see based on the circumstances around both of them that have already been discussed on here, but if it doesn't change soon, valid reasons will turn to excuses (I know, I know, there is no difference between and excuse and a reason).
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

boom-hi.png
  19. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    HUSHHHHH YOU,..... NOW YA GONE 'n DONE IT ! ! !

Oh man there you go bursting my bubble of a 19-0 season ,.... ho hum ;)
  20. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    look, it turns out that Melton is overrated and Emery was right in not paying him. Guy isn't that great DT some said he is during the offseason. I still think we aren't keeping him and switch to a 3-4 next year